Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)  (Read 68299 times)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2007, 08:47:17 PM »

You are implying that Axl's book would be perfect if he wrote one.?

No I'm not.

If I thought it would be 100% error free, I'd say so.? Roll Eyes

I'm implying that it might not have "LOTS of errors" as SpiritDave assumes.?

You really need to stop this obsession you have with trying to make Slash look bad.

Obsession?

I think he's doing a pretty good job of that himself.....

I'm just commenting on things he has said and written about in his book.

I'm not making shit up about him or his band.

There are plenty times in the book too where he dotes on Axl and do you think those are errors too?? Funny or coicidence or ironic that you don't seem to notice the good points of the book and how for example, Slash was touched that Axl bailed him out of jail that one time or how he and Axl had tight personal conversations and how Slash had Axl's back when he had a run in with Stump, the biker from the St. Louis incident.

I did notice those things.

I was actually waiting for somebody to give Axl credit for bailing out his new band mate when his old friends didn't seem to give a fuck.

You did, but only to "prove" that Slash is a nice guy for writing it!

Fact is, if the only thing you can point out are factual errors then that actually makes Slash look better because the editor is the one you should have the issue with and not Slash.?

Yes, many of the errors, mainly typos, can probably be blamed on the editor.

But considering the book has Slash's name on it, I wonder if he didn't read any manuscripts and approved them before they went to the printer....

Maybe he didn't, considering he allegedly bought a house without seeing it?

Seriously, give it a rest already.? Quit acting like you know more than Slash does.? You were not a member of Guns n' Roses and you weren't there to witness what went down.?

Where did I claim to have been in the band or know more than he does? Could you kindly point me in the direction of that post please? This seems to be the tactic some of you use. "You weren't in the band".

I bet there's a lot of people who weren't present in World War II, but they know a shit load about it...

Your idea of "you weren't in the band so you don't know anything" is pretty lame.

I can read! And see that his stories don't match up with what actually happened or when it happened.

I'm glad you're here to defend your hero and attacking me once again when it's been shown that Slash's version of this event isn't exactly the truth.

Oh, and don't act all innocent with me....

/jarmo

But when I read books about GN'R, it's a subject I know more about than many other artists/bands.

You have a website dedicated to a band you love.  That makes you a fan.

In my opinion, lately, you have taken your obession (yes, obesession) with trying to make Slash look bad and come off to many on here that you think it's your viewpoint that is the only right viewpoint.  Read this thread.  Many have different views and don't take this "obsession" with pointing out errors that were more than likely the editor's fault than Slash's.  You come across as "knowing more than Slash" even if you don't actually type that out.

Truth is Slash was wasted on drugs and alcohol (which he clearly points out in about every chapter and he was very open about all of that ) so of course, his account of things will be off.  But you seem to have this vendetta against the man and he can't seem to do anything right according to you. 

Slash has a lot of friends - one mainly being Marc Cantor (whose family owns Cantor Deli) as well as he mentions his sound tech as still the same guy he has today.  Yes, Axl bailed Slash out of jail.  Maybe Axl had the money to do that or maybe it came down to something as simple as Axl picked up the phone and heard someone tell him that Slash got arrested and needed to be bailed out so Axl was in the right place at the right time.  It's not that Slash's friends didn't care.  You again, make invalid assumptions because you seem to lately want to discredit Slash.

Has Slash always been honest?  No he hasn't.  His words aren't gospel but everyone who has read this book knows that before they read it.  We just don't have this obession like you do to point out factual errors nor do we care.  It's still a great read.

And I don't think there is one poster on here who would be able to detail every aspect of their life without errors.  Their brother or sister may have a different viewpoint which isn't wrong or untrue.  It's just how they saw it happen.  Same goes for Slash.  If any member of Guns n' Roses follows Slash's footprints and puts out an autobiography, it too, will contain errors.  No one or nothing is ever perfect.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »

You have a website dedicated to a band you love.  That makes you a fan.

Correct. Did I claim otherwise?

In my opinion, lately, you have taken your obession (yes, obesession) with trying to make Slash look bad and come off to many on here that you think it's your viewpoint that is the only right viewpoint.  Read this thread.  Many have different views and don't take this "obsession" with pointing out errors that were more than likely the editor's fault than Slash's.  You come across as "knowing more than Slash" even if you don't actually type that out.

Maybe it's your paranoia talking?

I don't claim to know more than Slash. That's ridiculous.

I don't claim to know more than anybody. I'm just saying that I personally, as a GN'R fan, might read this book differently than a casual reader and I gave examples of that.

Truth is Slash was wasted on drugs and alcohol (which he clearly points out in about every chapter and he was very open about all of that ) so of course, his account of things will be off.  But you seem to have this vendetta against the man and he can't seem to do anything right according to you. 

The same kind of "vendetta" I have against others making bullshit claims.

Slash has a lot of friends - one mainly being Marc Cantor (whose family owns Cantor Deli) as well as he mentions his sound tech as still the same guy he has today.  Yes, Axl bailed Slash out of jail.  Maybe Axl had the money to do that or maybe it came down to something as simple as Axl picked up the phone and heard someone tell him that Slash got arrested and needed to be bailed out so Axl was in the right place at the right time.  It's not that Slash's friends didn't care.  You again, make invalid assumptions because you seem to lately want to discredit Slash.

I apologize for the choice of words. Let me rephrase that: In a time when nobody else bailed Slash out, Axl stepped up and bailed out his new band mate.

His words aren't gospel but everyone who has read this book knows that before they read it.  We just don't have this obession like you do to point out factual errors nor do we care.  It's still a great read.

Would you say the Izzy fans who pointed out typos in his unofficial biography (which turned out to be a scam) were obsessed?

How about those who point out factual errors in other unofficial GN'R books, articles and TV shows?

And I don't think there is one poster on here who would be able to detail every aspect of their life without errors.  Their brother or sister may have a different viewpoint which isn't wrong or untrue.  It's just how they saw it happen. 

Exactly what I've been saying.

One guy wants to set the record straight about something which he was only one part of....

You obviously haven't paid enough attention to history. We've seen this before. Slash talks and talks for years about things. People don't care.

Then when Axl says something and it's labeled lies because it happens to clash with what Slash has said....

I'm surprised you failed to point out where I claimed I was part of the band....

If you want to talk about obsession, we could talk about your obsession with me.... You do know that I wasn't in GN'R right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »

You have a website dedicated to a band you love.? That makes you a fan.

Correct. Did I claim otherwise?

In my opinion, lately, you have taken your obession (yes, obesession) with trying to make Slash look bad and come off to many on here that you think it's your viewpoint that is the only right viewpoint.? Read this thread.? Many have different views and don't take this "obsession" with pointing out errors that were more than likely the editor's fault than Slash's.? You come across as "knowing more than Slash" even if you don't actually type that out.

Maybe it's your paranoia talking?

I don't claim to know more than Slash. That's ridiculous.

I don't claim to know more than anybody. I'm just saying that I personally, as a GN'R fan, might read this book differently than a casual reader and I gave examples of that.

Truth is Slash was wasted on drugs and alcohol (which he clearly points out in about every chapter and he was very open about all of that ) so of course, his account of things will be off.? But you seem to have this vendetta against the man and he can't seem to do anything right according to you.?

The same kind of "vendetta" I have against others making bullshit claims.

Slash has a lot of friends - one mainly being Marc Cantor (whose family owns Cantor Deli) as well as he mentions his sound tech as still the same guy he has today.? Yes, Axl bailed Slash out of jail.? Maybe Axl had the money to do that or maybe it came down to something as simple as Axl picked up the phone and heard someone tell him that Slash got arrested and needed to be bailed out so Axl was in the right place at the right time.? It's not that Slash's friends didn't care.? You again, make invalid assumptions because you seem to lately want to discredit Slash.

I apologize for the choice of words. Let me rephrase that: In a time when nobody else bailed Slash out, Axl stepped up and bailed out his new band mate.

His words aren't gospel but everyone who has read this book knows that before they read it.? We just don't have this obession like you do to point out factual errors nor do we care.? It's still a great read.

Would you say the Izzy fans who pointed out typos in his unofficial biography (which turned out to be a scam) were obsessed?

How about those who point out factual errors in other unofficial GN'R books, articles and TV shows?

And I don't think there is one poster on here who would be able to detail every aspect of their life without errors.? Their brother or sister may have a different viewpoint which isn't wrong or untrue.? It's just how they saw it happen.?

Exactly what I've been saying.

One guy wants to set the record straight about something which he was only one part of....

You obviously haven't paid enough attention to history. We've seen this before. Slash talks and talks for years about things. People don't care.

Then when Axl says something and it's labeled lies because it happens to clash with what Slash has said....

I'm surprised you failed to point out where I claimed I was part of the band....

If you want to talk about obsession, we could talk about your obsession with me.... You do know that I wasn't in GN'R right?

/jarmo

First you say:

I can read!

Well read this because this is what I typed: ok

In my opinion, lately, you have taken your obession (yes, obesession) with trying to make Slash look bad and come off to many on here that you think it's your viewpoint that is the only right viewpoint.? Read this thread.? Many have different views and don't take this "obsession" with pointing out errors that were more than likely the editor's fault than Slash's.? You come across as "knowing more than Slash" even if you don't actually type that out.

Your tone and inflection in your posts comes across to myself and others that you act like you are or were in Guns n' Roses and you aren't and weren't.

If you want to talk about obsession, we could talk about your obsession with me.... You do know that I wasn't in GN'R right

Don't flatter yourself please.? I don't have an obesssion with you.? I have my opinion and it's valid and I think that you feel like your viewpoint is the only correct one and whoa be anyone who has a differing intrepretation.

Look, the book has errors.? Big deal.? Why dedicate a whole thread to something that everyone already knows isn't going to be perfect because it came from Slash?? ?It's still a great read even if things are they way he remembered them to be.? Again, those of us who read anything from Slash pretty much know not to take it as gospel but that doesn't discredit the fact that it still makes for a great read.

Again, any member from Guns n' Roses who follows in Slash's footsteps and puts out an autobiography will also contain errors.? There is no possible way anyone can get every fact correct considering the amount of substances that consumed the band.? Again, we would all know this and not take it as verbatim and certainly not be obessed with pointing out errors like you seem to be.

I apologize for the choice of words. Let me rephrase that: In a time when nobody else bailed Slash out, Axl stepped up and bailed out his new band mate

Again, you assume that Axl was the only friend Slash had.? You don't know the circumstances as to why Axl bailed Slash out of jail but you fail to note how Slash says in his book that when he found out it was Axl, he was deeply touched.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:41:19 PM by spaghetti_incident » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »

Your tone and inflection in your posts comes across to myself and others that you act like you are or were in Guns n' Roses and you aren't and weren't.

As I said, maybe it's your paranoia?

Maybe you can't handle that somebody has facts that backs up what he says so you have to resort to the "you were never in the band" thing?

As I said, I didn't say I know more than him or claim I was in the band.

Now that I have told you how it really is, are you still gonna argue and say that I think I was in the fucking band?

Don't flatter yourself please. 

Well I think sending out LOTS of PMs about me is somewhat obsessive....

I have my opinion and it's valid. Smiley

Again, you assume that Axl was the only friend Slash had.  You don't know the circumstances as to why Axl bailed Slash out of jail but you fail to note how Slash says in his book that when he found out it was Axl, he was deeply touched.

No I don't assume that! You're once again making your own assumptions and fail miserably to get the point!

This is what I said: "In a time when nobody else bailed Slash out, Axl stepped up and bailed out his new band mate."

There's no assumption there, just a fact!

So are you calling everybody who points out errors in anything related to GN'R (books, biographies, articles, TV shows) obsessive?

Just wondering if it's only about me or if it's everybody who points out errors.....

Would you be so kind and answer this simple question.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2007, 09:47:08 PM »

As I said, maybe it's your paranoia?

Maybe you can't handle that somebody has facts that backs up what he says so you have to resort to the "you were never in the band" thing?

As I said, I didn't say I know more than him or claim I was in the band.

Now that I have told you how it really is, are you still gonna argue and say that I think I was in the fucking band?

Don't flatter yourself please.?

Well I think sending out LOTS of PMs about me is somewhat obsessive....

I have my opinion and it's valid. Smiley

Again, you assume that Axl was the only friend Slash had.? You don't know the circumstances as to why Axl bailed Slash out of jail but you fail to note how Slash says in his book that when he found out it was Axl, he was deeply touched.

No I don't assume that! You're once again making your own assumptions and fail miserably to get the point!

This is what I said: "In a time when nobody else bailed Slash out, Axl stepped up and bailed out his new band mate."

There's no assumption there, just a fact!

So are you calling everybody who points out errors in anything related to GN'R (books, biographies, articles, TV shows) obsessive?

Just wondering if it's only about me or if it's everybody who points out errors.....

Would you be so kind and answer this simple question.

/jarmo

If you can not see the "know it all" tone and inflection as well as the "rudeness and arrogance"  that comes across when you post as always having to be correct, then there is no point in me trying to explain it to you any further.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2007, 09:55:17 PM »

If you can not see the "know it all" tone and inflection as well as the "rudeness and arrogance"  that comes across when you post as always having to be correct, then there is no point in me trying to explain it to you any further.

Will you answer my question. Please? You know, the one you keep avoiding all the time? The one about if I'm the only one being obsessive for pointing out factual errors or if it applies to others. Thanks a bunch!

I think you're among the last ones who should give me lessons about rudeness.  Smiley

I apologize if my posts offended you and/or bruised your fragile ego.  Embarrassed

/jarmo

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »

If you can not see the "know it all" tone and inflection as well as the "rudeness and arrogance"? that comes across when you post as always having to be correct, then there is no point in me trying to explain it to you any further.

Will you answer my question. Please? You know, the one you keep avoiding all the time? The one about if I'm the only one being obsessive for pointing out factual errors or if it applies to others. Thanks a bunch!

I think you're among the last ones who should give me lessons about rudeness.? Smiley

I apologize if my posts offended you and/or bruised your fragile ego.? Embarrassed

/jarmo

It only applies to you because lately, you seem to want to discredit Slash more than usual.

You started by moving the Velvet Revolver section.  Then when someone tries to talk about Slash or any original member (except Izzy) you pick a fight with them and tell them they are not a real fan because they support Velvet Revolver or you call them a whiner.

You can't even articulate without using profanity or typing condescendingly to someone who just because they are a fan of the old band and the new band, you say they aren't a real fan.

Maybe you can answer what has Slash done to you to make you so against him?  Has he lied to you?  Has he done something to you that makes you not like him?  You don't even know the guy unless  you do know him and he has done something personally to you.  But if your only reason for not liking him is because he twists the truth or he lies about going to Axl's house then that is silly.

If you don't see in your posts that you come across as being rude and unappreciative of people who come here to share what they love (their love for Guns n' Roses and all versions of the band) then that isn't cool.  Your site  is one of the first many go to inorder to find news or accurate information and yet you treat people very poorly on here and you are not objective at all in your thinking.  Just because someone is a fan of the old band does not mean they are any less of a fan of the current band. 

I think a lot of us know that Guns n' Roses needs Axl's voice to be able to call it Guns n' Roses.  However, many others have added their talents too and you seem to want to say that people who support the old band are less of a fan.  Then you call them a whiner when they would like to wonder what is going on with the new band and information on CD.  You can get your point across without being rude to people or acting condescending. 
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »

Does anyone know (maybe jarmo) how Slash wrote the book?  In other words, did he sit down and attempt to write everything down based on what he could remember? Or was he writing as he was going on and living his life and then he decided one day to gather up his manuscripts and turn them into the book? 

It seems to me that he was pretty waisted during the GNR years, so how could he possibly remember every date, every little detail 15 years later? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2007, 08:00:55 PM »

It only applies to you because lately, you seem to want to discredit Slash more than usual.

Ok. So it only applies to me and nobody else who corrects factual errors in GN'R related material. Glad we know it's personal.

Let me ask you this: How often did Slash write an autobiography in his whole life? When did its release happen?

Would you be shocked if you learned that if there's more material with things I object to, I might have more reasons to post?

You started by moving the Velvet Revolver section. 

I started with what?

I moved it so people would get the idea. This is not a VR fan site.

Then when someone tries to talk about Slash or any original member (except Izzy) you pick a fight with them and tell them they are not a real fan because they support Velvet Revolver or you call them a whiner.

Way to generalize!

You can't even articulate without using profanity

Oh wow, I didn't know that was something that offended people who listen to GN'R. I guess I was wrong!

or typing condescendingly to someone who just because they are a fan of the old band and the new band, you say they aren't a real fan.

If you just love the old band and come here to point out that it's wrong to be a fan of the current band, then you're the kind of fan we don't really need here.

I have made that point pretty clear over time and it still comes down to the kind of generalization you make.

Maybe you can answer what has Slash done to you to make you so against him?  Has he lied to you?  Has he done something to you that makes you not like him?  You don't even know the guy unless  you do know him and he has done something personally to you.  But if your only reason for not liking him is because he twists the truth or he lies about going to Axl's house then that is silly.

First, let me use your tactic: What has he done to you to deserve your loving feelings?

Seriously, he says a lot of things I object to. I bring them up, I point out why I object to them.

This is a message board. Do you understand the meaning?

If you don't see in your posts that you come across as being rude and unappreciative of people who come here to share what they love (their love for Guns n' Roses and all versions of the band) then that isn't cool. 

Now you're mentioning all versions of the band. See above.

No, I don't appreciate certain people coming here to start shit. Why would I?

Your site  is one of the first many go to inorder to find news or accurate information and yet you treat people very poorly on here and you are not objective at all in your thinking. 

Rubbish!

Another generalization. I treat people poorly? That's a lie and you know it.

People who don't respect what this place is about don't deserve any respect from us. Simple logic.

I never claimed to be objective. It's the people who visit FAN SITES only to bash the artist it's dedicated to that are waving the "I'm objective" flags.

Just because someone is a fan of the old band does not mean they are any less of a fan of the current band. 

I'm a GN'R fan. All of it.

I don't post here how Slash is the only guitarist in GN'R or how the band sucks now.

See the difference?

I think a lot of us know that Guns n' Roses needs Axl's voice to be able to call it Guns n' Roses.  However, many others have added their talents too and you seem to want to say that people who support the old band are less of a fan.  Then you call them a whiner when they would like to wonder what is going on with the new band and information on CD.  You can get your point across without being rude to people or acting condescending. 

There you go again!

People who only support the old band aren't exactly GN'R fans. Let me explain what I mean before you take that totally out of context.

They're fans of something that doesn't exist anymore. They're fans of the old GN'R.

They like to call themselves GN'R fans because to them, GN'R doesn't exist anymore.  Roll Eyes

It's like being a fan of the Rangers 1994 team but not supporting them today.

Oh, one more thing. Don't ever give me lessons about being rude to people. You are not the right person for that!

A faceless coward giving me advice. Please.

See, not even one swear word. There goes another one of your theories.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:02:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2007, 08:07:54 PM »

Ok. So it only applies to me and nobody else who corrects factual errors in GN'R related material. Glad we know it's personal.

Let me ask you this: How often did Slash write an autobiography in his whole life? When did its release happen?

Would you be shocked if you learned that if there's more material with things I object to, I might have more reasons to post?

You started by moving the Velvet Revolver section.?

I started with what?

I moved it so people would get the idea. This is not a VR fan site.

Then when someone tries to talk about Slash or any original member (except Izzy) you pick a fight with them and tell them they are not a real fan because they support Velvet Revolver or you call them a whiner.

Way to generalize!

You can't even articulate without using profanity

Oh wow, I didn't know that was something that offended people who listen to GN'R. I guess I was wrong!

or typing condescendingly to someone who just because they are a fan of the old band and the new band, you say they aren't a real fan.

If you just love the old band and come here to point out that it's wrong to be a fan of the current band, then you're the kind of fan we don't really need here.

I have made that point pretty clear over time and it still comes down to the kind of generalization you make.

Maybe you can answer what has Slash done to you to make you so against him?? Has he lied to you?? Has he done something to you that makes you not like him?? You don't even know the guy unless? you do know him and he has done something personally to you.? But if your only reason for not liking him is because he twists the truth or he lies about going to Axl's house then that is silly.

First, let me use your tactic: What has he done to you to deserve your loving feelings?

Seriously, he says a lot of things I object to. I bring them up, I point out why I object to them.

This is a message board. Do you understand the meaning?

If you don't see in your posts that you come across as being rude and unappreciative of people who come here to share what they love (their love for Guns n' Roses and all versions of the band) then that isn't cool.?

Now you're mentioning all versions of the band. See above.

No, I don't appreciate certain people coming here to start shit. Why would I?

Your site? is one of the first many go to inorder to find news or accurate information and yet you treat people very poorly on here and you are not objective at all in your thinking.?

Rubbish!

Another generalization. I treat people poorly? That's a lie and you know it.

People who don't respect what this place is about don't deserve any respect from us. Simple logic.

I never claimed to be objective. It's the people who visit FAN SITES only to bash the artist it's dedicated to that are waving the "I'm objective" flags.

Just because someone is a fan of the old band does not mean they are any less of a fan of the current band.?

I'm a GN'R fan. All of it.

I don't post here how Slash is the only guitarist in GN'R or how the band sucks now.

See the difference?

I think a lot of us know that Guns n' Roses needs Axl's voice to be able to call it Guns n' Roses.? However, many others have added their talents too and you seem to want to say that people who support the old band are less of a fan.? Then you call them a whiner when they would like to wonder what is going on with the new band and information on CD.? You can get your point across without being rude to people or acting condescending.?

There you go again!

People who only support the old band aren't exactly GN'R fans. Let me explain what I mean before you take that totally out of context.

They're fans of something that doesn't exist anymore. They're fans of the old GN'R.

They like to call themselves GN'R fans because to them, GN'R doesn't exist anymore.? Roll Eyes

It's like being a fan of the Rangers 1994 team but not supporting them today.

Oh, one more thing. Don't ever give me lessons about being rude to people. You are not the right person for that!

See, not even one swear word. There goes another one of your theories.....

/jarmo

You obviously don't get it.

Guns n' Roses is Guns n' Roses.?

Just because the members have changed does not make it different.

You try to always point out the old vs the new.? A lot of people on here support any version of the band regardless of who is in it.?

Yet, you still call them a whiner or accuse them of not being a real fan because they post about Slash or another old member in the section that is dedicated to nostalgia or other bands such as Velvet Revolver.

See, not even one swear word. There goes another one of your theories...../i]

Do you not depict a sense of arrogance and rudeness in your above statement to me??

You obviously have a problem dealing with corrective criticism.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:10:09 PM by spaghetti_incident » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2007, 08:20:16 PM »

Guns n' Roses is Guns n' Roses. 

You try to always point out the old vs the new.  A lot of people on here support any version of the band regardless of who is in it. 
thats not who he's talking about.  he's talking about people who only support a past incarnation of the band and treat those of us who do like GnR still like we are stupid for being fans.   the old band has been gone for so long its not really about them any longer.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2007, 08:20:46 PM »

Guns n' Roses is Guns n' Roses. 

You try to always point out the old vs the new.  A lot of people on here support any version of the band regardless of who is in it. 

Yet, you still call them a whiner or accuse them of not being a real fan because they post about Slash or another old member in the section that is dedicated to nostalgia or other bands such as Velvet Revolver.

Haha!

Wonderful, you skip all the questions. As usual!  hihi

How come I have to ask you questions several times before you answer them? Oops, why am I even asking you anything since you'll never answer this, let alone the previous questions.

Then you make more broad generalizations.

Like I mentioned, GN'R is GN'R to me. I never stopped supporting them because some guy left. Why are you pointing it out to me?

Now you try to make it sound like I'm the one making the difference. Nice try.

Now, if I called all people who has ever posted in this section "not real fans", then that would mean I'm not one myself. As you see, your generalization is out of line and just stupid.

I have called certain people whiners. Not all people. See?

People have issues with how this place is run because we pretty much demand that you understand that this place is for people who support the current band.

This isn't even about GN'R. It's about you having some kind of personal vendetta against me because I pointed out the factual errors in a book I read and because I point out things that make no sense to me.

Do you not depict a sense of arrogance and rudeness in your above statement to me? 

Damn right.

Somebody who spams the board users PM inbox like you did doesn't score high on the respect points.

Sorry!

/jarmo

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2007, 08:25:15 PM »

Guns n' Roses is Guns n' Roses.?

You try to always point out the old vs the new.? A lot of people on here support any version of the band regardless of who is in it.?

Haha!

Wonderful, you skip all the questions. As usual!? hihi

How come I have to ask you questions several times before you answer them? Oops, why am I even asking you anything since you'll never answer this, let alone the previous questions.

Then you make more broad generalizations.

Like I mentioned, GN'R is GN'R to me. I never stopped supporting them because some guy left. Why are you pointing it out to me?

Now you try to make it sound like I'm the one making the difference. Nice try.

Now, if I called all people who has ever posted in this section "not real fans", then that would mean I'm not one myself. As you see, your generalization is out of line and just stupid.

I have called certain people whiners. Not all people. See?

People have issues with how this place is run because we pretty much demand that you understand that this place is for people who support the current band.

This isn't even about GN'R. It's about you having some kind of personal vendetta against me because I pointed out the factual errors in a book I read and because I point out things that make no sense to me.

Do you not depict a sense of arrogance and rudeness in your above statement to me??

Damn right.

Somebody who spams the board users PM inbox like you did doesn't score high on the respect points.

Sorry!

/jarmo

People who only support the old band aren't exactly GN'R fans

What part of it's Guns n' Roses regardless of who is in the band don't you understand?

You do make it an old vs current all the time as noted above.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2007, 08:33:04 PM »

I think I made my point clear.

If you think you can come here with this attitude "I'm a GN'R fan, they suck now. Bring Slash back!", think again.

I didn't make the difference. I said people who do and only support the old band aren't welcome here.

It's pretty simple. Do you get it?

You can keep saying "there's no difference, it's all GN'R" until your face turns blue, but it still doesn't help your case at all since I have repeatedly explained to you what kind of people we don't want here.

You keep skipping all my questions. Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

It might be fun at first, but then gets really boring.  hihi

Keep ignoring the questions.

It makes you win discussions!  hihi

Edit: You even managed to take one my quotes out of context to fit your needs. Great!

By the way, if I was making that huge difference between old and new, how come it's not mentioned anywhere? It's not "a site about the new GN'R"? It just says Guns N' Roses. All over the site. Isn't that weird!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:45:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »

I think I made my point clear.

If you think you can come here with this attitude "I'm a GN'R fan, they suck now. Bring Slash back!", think again.

I didn't make the difference. I said people who do and only support the old band aren't welcome here.

It's pretty simple. Do you get it?

You can keep saying "there's no difference, it's all GN'R" until your face turns blue, but it still doesn't help your case at all since I have repeatedly explained to you what kind of people we don't want here.

You keep skipping all my questions. Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

It might be fun at first, but then gets really boring.? hihi

Keep ignoring the questions.

It makes you win discussions!? hihi

Edit: You even managed to take one my quotes out of context to fit your needs. Great!

By the way, if I was making that huge difference between old and new, how come it's not mentioned anywhere? It's not "a site about the new GN'R"? It just says Guns N' Roses. All over the site. Isn't that weird!

/jarmo

Funny how you seem to not have any problems with all the errors contained in the Mick Wall book including hits and slams against Axl and you never dedicated a whole thread in retrospect to that and Mick Wall was close to GNR and pretty much in the loop back then.

Yet, you dedicate a thread to Slash who again, has done nothing to you personally.  You are not Axl's bodyguard or his guardian.  That position has been filled.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2007, 09:14:17 PM »

Funny how you seem to not have any problems with all the errors contained in the Mick Wall book including hits and slams against Axl and you never dedicated a whole thread in retrospect to that and Mick Wall was close to GNR and pretty much in the loop back then.

Yet, you dedicate a thread to Slash who again, has done nothing to you personally.  You are not Axl's bodyguard or his guardian.  That position has been filled.

Funny how you once again IGNORE ALL QUESTIONS only to attack me and try to insult me.

Somewhat amusing coming from a guy trying to give me lessons about rudeness.

Your behavior is not unique by any means. It's pretty common to people like yourself. They attack me, then when I ask them questions, they just ignore them and resort to lame insults.

I never claimed to be Axl's bodyguard, guardian or band mate. All these are the results of your own imagination.

I don't like to talk about Mick Wall's books. He doesn't deserve the publicity. Period.  ok

This book is different since it's an official autobiography published to set things straight.

I guess you have nothing to add since you ignored my questions again. Move along.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:31:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2007, 05:38:12 PM »

Oh MY God.....This has gone waaaaay beyond ridiculous

1)Slash's book is an AUTOBIOGRAPHY...his take on things that involved his life and the band...period. If a word is mispelled it is the proofreaders fault......In my opinion this book should be filed under (fiction) but that's beside the point.....

2)Axl needs no one to "take up" for him, being a devout fan is one thing but, being a Karen McNeil is another..(a stalker) If he is not concerned abouyt something he simply ignores it...worrying makes your life shorter....and Gossip IS the devil's Radio......

In Closing...BOTH of you are fans...nothing more..it is fucking ridiciulous to waste this much time and energy on this topic......

If Someone wants to read the book let em' do so and perhaps they will see the truth from a drunken spiel....there IS a historical value to this book, so collectors would want it,regardless.....of the mistakes. ....and fuck ups......

I Implore you to find something more viable to fight about...

WARCHILD

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2007, 09:16:20 PM »

I liked the Slash book.  My own pesonal opinion though is that he really misses Guns and if he could do it all over again, he would.

I wonder what the impact of Scott's arrest will mean for VR?

It's kind of weird because the last chapter talks a lot about Scott and VR and how they chose him as a singer.  Now with this DUI arrest, I wonder what will happen.
RoxyCotton
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2007, 10:05:24 PM »

I liked the Slash book.? My own pesonal opinion though is that he really misses Guns and if he could do it all over again, he would.

I think so too.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2007, 04:08:03 AM »

what i like about these "factual error" threads is their initial idea to correct, inform and educate those who don't know as much.....what i hate about them is how they turn into personal views and opinions as to why and how and where and whatever else, often ending up in insults and stupid comments...

what we need is a thread like this every time a piece of gnr material gets released, official and unofficial, where we can point out its inadequacies, and hopefully set the record straight...

even Marc Canter's book has errors in it....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: