Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:16:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?  (Read 14118 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 28, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »

we all know Axl keeps track of everything with a fine toothed comb...And the fact Baz's record came in at 190 in week 1 is terrible....Lets be honest if VR or GNR came in at 190 (which would never happen) it would be over....during the hair metal days skid row was a top 20 band......Baz promoted the hell out of this record, dropped Axl's name everywhere to sell copies and it still came in at 190 which is also troubling because you would think Axl's name alone could have brought it up...Now this is a Baz record, not an Axl record...and its failure rests on Baz's shoulders....We all know if this record was top 20 it would make Axl more eager to drop CD...so now that it is a failure will it make Axl more reluctant to drop CD? Just a thought..we all know how one thing usually ties into another in the GNR? world.....and when i say failure i am comparing it to Baz's best selling records (slave to the grind for example)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:39:23 PM by jaypayton » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »

No because Axl had nothing to do with the success of a Sebastian Bach CD>

That album has little promotion, no Video, no single and the general public don't really care about Sebastian.

Axl on the other hand and Chinese Democracy are on a whole nother level

that being said. CD has to have a kick ass first single and video or it probably won't sell very well either.

The industry is driven by that first or second single. Without it, CD's dont sell.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »

Failure?

I don't think Baz himself was expecting a Top 10 debut....

Compare how the big albums are promoted to Baz talking about his album on rock radio and you'll see the difference.

I don't think it's a coincidence you started this thread. Your past posts in threads mentioning the name Sebastian Bach says it all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »

Success or not, after listening to Angel Down, it kicks ass.  THAT'S the success. Who cares how many cd he sells.

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »

how many units were sold??

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

I don't think Baz was delusional to think he was going to have the #1 record or something like that and I don't think it will have much impact on what Axl is doing. ?I am sure he wants Baz to do well but he did what he did and appeared on the album as a friend. ?

I have to wonder though, Jay, does it make you feel good that it didn't debut well? ?You don't have much positive to say about it or him so I can only gather that your motivation for starting this thread is more about trying to gloat than any other reason that could be considered valid.

how many units were sold??

6400 I believe?
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 03:18:35 PM »

You know, the usual reaction when people hear Sebastian Bach's name is: "Who's that? What album? Never heard."
You can't really say the same thing about Axl and Chinese f*ing Democracy! Grin

So no, that doesn't have any impact on Axl and CD's future success. Don't worry. Roll Eyes? Tongue

(Oh, you were talking about whether it makes it harder for Axl to release the album... I think NOT. Smiley )
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 03:21:42 PM by Razzberry » Logged
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 03:22:27 PM »

Failure?

I don't think Baz himself was expecting a Top 10 debut....

6400 units in it's debut week is a pretty big commercial failure by any standards, which is a little surprising considering that Axl's name was attached and it's all that Bach has been talking about for the past two months.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »

when i asked in different stores about the exact release date in germany - one female metal store worker asked back if he is still in skid row....

edit:
- Axl sticker on the jewel case here by the way
- CD release was "germanwide" last friday november 23rd 2007, not hard to find it in markets here....kinda cool at least
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 03:31:20 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »

I wonder how olnline sales were. Being on a small label didn't help either.Many chains either didn't carry it, stocked a few and did not shelve it w/ new releases..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »

I wonder how olnline sales were. Being on a small label didn't help either.Many chains either didn't carry it, stocked a few and did not shelve it w/ new releases..

Definitely part of the problem that I had to dig through the rack to find it and they didn't even have a section for Bach's name, they just threw it somewhere in the B section behind some stuff. 

Isn't the record under EMI now?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »

it's still kinna early to tell.with the holidays going on an all.people will buy them as presents for people.after the holidays we may see more sales of angel down.and axl knows his cd will rock no matter hows bach's cd turns out.they are two intirely different people.

the one an only horsey !
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »

Isn't the record under EMI now?

I think it's being distributed by EMI but he's on his own record label.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 04:04:16 PM »

Absolutely not. ?The only way I may subscribe to that theory is if Axl himself was out there helping Sebastian to promote. ?And speaking of promotion, I'd hardly consider Baz's attempt a media blitz. ?He was on local radio stations across the country. ?That's a little different than going on National programs. ?Just for comparison sake, people claim lack of promotion on Libertad's slow sales, but the amount of promotion between the 2 isn't even close. ?As people have already stated, Angel Down was either hard to find or not in many stores. ?I don't think anyone expected a big debut, I'm kind of surprised it cracked the top 200.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »

i herd it wasn't really out till black friday.a holiday crazy shopping day.people should have been buying copies then.so who knows maybe some more time to see how it goes.

the one an only horsey !
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 04:21:37 PM »

I think anyone who think sales will pick up is a complete optimist. It just doesn't happen, especially if the promotional campaign is over, theres no tour to speak of, no substantial first week sales or buzz regarding it at all.

With that said, the tracks that I heard were not impressive whatsoever so I have not purchased the album. Had it been good, I would have.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »

have they filmed a video yet?  what is the official first single?  I downloaded the cd on Itunes.  Does digital downloads count towards the 6500 and is the 6500 just the states or world wide?  I love just about every song on angel down and even think its better than Skid Row and I always like them as well. 
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »

It won't impact CD at all in my opinion. Let's face it... the album is garbage overall. The only track that stands out is "back in the saddle"... which an Aerosmith song. Axl shines cuz he sounds great. Baz however sounds like horsesh*t. sorry to any Baz fans.

Baz is not a popular name... no where to Axl's iconic status in Pop Culture. Axl will sell a crapload of copies without even trying.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »

Didn't alot of places sell out of Angel Down within the first few days of it being released?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »

Didn't alot of places sell out of Angel Down within the first few days of it being released?

peace

Allegedly, but when you only stock 1 or 2 copies, it's easy to sell out.

Regardless of whether Angel Down fails or succeeds, it's served its purpose in terms of re-introducing Axl to both music fans and hard rock radio.  Not only a cool favor to do for a friend, but also a solid PR strategy if and when CD is nearing release. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: