Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?  (Read 14108 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2007, 02:47:05 PM »

Angel Down will be a benchmark at what to expect (sales/acceptance) from Chinese Democracy.

Are you serious?

You think there's only about 7000 GN'R fans in the US who want to buy it the first week of release?

/jarmo

Seriously, there is more people than that on this site. I think you can pretty much guarantee everyone here will be buying a copy and if you count the other major forum right there between the 2 you have 40k units sold just to the super diehards in the 1st week.

I think we can also count in everyone who saw the band play in 2006-2007 to buy a copy. Remember, they were there for GNR, not Baz. I have no idea what the figures are for how many people attended the shows but I am going to guess it went into the millions.

Not to mention that even the casual fan will be picking it up in the store as an impulse buy to see what it's all about.

Yeah, It's sale will surpass most of the other crap that is out there today; 400k-500k the first week would not surprise me ... maybe more.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »

I think as much as the leaks have been downloaded, it will be an entirely different story with CD itself, then you will see all GNR fans unite together on that issue, well most anyway.    You know that the diehard fans will not download so GNR will have nothing to worry about there and then there will those that will buy on curiosity alone.   Although, those people have the potential to be the downloaders which will hurt sales. 

Nowadays you can't get a true number of who actually has the album in their possession.

I fully supported Angel Down, started a thread on my forum asking who was going to support and not download and I was surprised to see the majority wanting to go out and buy it so I really don't see CD having a problem.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:04:53 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2007, 04:33:17 PM »

Can't see how it could

I mean Axl singing on that record seemed to be more of a favor to Baz than anything else

I'm still surprised at Axl's fascination with this guy and that he may even believe that Baz is relevant in today's music scene, but that aside, I think it does
not matter at all in regards to CD
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »

have they filmed a video yet? what is the official first single? I downloaded the cd on Itunes. Does digital downloads count towards the 6500 and is the 6500 just the states or world wide? I love just about every song on angel down and even think its better than Skid Row and I always like them as well.

Better than Skid Row?

Sorry Dude but thats insane.

I like Sebastian but he needs Snake and Bolan.

Did you listen to what Rachel and Bolan have been doing lately?

Maybe now, but back in the day Skid Row owned the stage. I saw them 3 times in the late 80s to early 90s, and with the exception of the GnR show, they blew the other bands away(sorry D, even Bon Jovi).

I can't see how Bach's album not selling well would have any effect on CD. If not for GnR fans, "Angel Down" wouldn't be selling nearly as well as it has. This was apparently a "spur of the moment" collaboration without much fore thought or planning; leaving just 3 months, give or take, for Axl's name to be associated with the project.

There's no "back in the day" when we talk about present and about how someone would do something NOW. If we could join today's bach with "back in the day"'s Skid Row, I'm sure that we would have something seriously great, but that's not possible. That's why I don't hope for a Skid Row's reunion, it would be just ridiculous...

Ouch, I just read that I wrote "Rachel and Bolan"!  rofl

have they filmed a video yet?  what is the official first single?  I downloaded the cd on Itunes.  Does digital downloads count towards the 6500 and is the 6500 just the states or world wide?  I love just about every song on angel down and even think its better than Skid Row and I always like them as well. 

Better than Skid Row?

Sorry Dude but thats insane.

I like Sebastian but he needs Snake and Bolan.

Did you listen to what Rachel and Bolan have been doing lately?

for sure.   What Baz is doing sounds 10x better than what Skid Row is doing without him (I Remember You - Punk Rock Remix)  rofl

Oh man, don't even remember me of that... Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2007, 04:59:31 PM »

Can't see how it could

I mean Axl singing on that record seemed to be more of a favor to Baz than anything else

I'm still surprised at Axl's fascination with this guy and that he may even believe that Baz is relevant in today's music scene, but that aside, I think it does

Baz and Axl were really good friends back in the day when they toured together and they were talking about doing a record together back in 91. 
So they really are old friends and I believe that Axl is very loyal and very helpful to his friends.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2007, 05:11:18 PM »

People steal music.   There might be 8,440 members, but how many of those people will just go and steal the music instead? 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »

This album's sales performance or lack-there-of has about as much to do with predicting how GnR will sell as Axl's appearances on The Outpatience or Gilby's first album, in other words, absolutely no impact or indication whatsoever
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »

Failure?

I don't think Baz himself was expecting a Top 10 debut....

6400 units in it's debut week is a pretty big commercial failure by any standards, which is a little surprising considering that Axl's name was attached and it's all that Bach has been talking about for the past two months.

Right, but in this day and age if you are curious to hear Axl's singing you don't need to buy the album. One quick trip to Youtube gives you a lo-fi listen. I'm sure there's millions who just did that instead of buying this record (not proud to say myself included..sorry Baz, money's tight). Most people don't buy an album just to hear 5 minutes of guest vocals. And I'm sure alot of people who are just casually curious about CD will do the same...BUT GN'R has millions of diehard fans (as evident from 2006-2007 ticket sales). Baz does not have that kind of following. So Angel Down's sales possibility is not at all relative to that of Chinese Democracy.

Everyone on this board should buy his album to support him.
Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2007, 07:09:54 PM »

I have not seen Angel Down in any store in my area.  Hard to sell if it is not on shelves.

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2007, 07:10:28 PM »

His record was BARELY promoted...enough said.

I?m stunned so-called music industry insiders here still don?t know what it takes to get an album to be top-sales.
No offense, but there is a fine line between being naive and bonehead stupid.
Moreover, I highly doubt Bach himself knows the exact sales figures which makes this posts as pointless as discussing if Axl?s 1986 sat dish had been burnt to a crisp in the fire it would affect CD sales in any way.
CD will sell if it gets massive promotion. If it doesn't, it won't no matter how bad/good it might be. It's that simple.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:30:34 PM by NiGhTrAiN? » Logged
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »

I guess no one, including Bach, was expecting for some  #1 smash hit here..or even #19 smash-ish hit  but 6k in opening week sure as hell is surprisingly fucking bad, considering how huge amount of people you'd think is interested to hear and  buy this.

Two most popular New Sebastian Bach tracks feat  Axl Rose!11!! clips in Youtube are about a month old. Other one has 12k hits, other one has 6k hits.That's very modest as well, in terms of You tube hits over what is supposed to be an exiting leak and interesting listen.
Those numbers arent gospel about anything for a number of dif. reasons. But it does suggest there is surprisingly low amount of people being genuinely curious about hearing the tracks via less legal means as well?

Parts I've heard of New Bach Album I've found boring as hell myself...
...But that's just me it seems. It's not a bad album,most who have it like it and It has gotten fair share of very positive reviews in many important outlets right? Rolling Stone and All Music and whatnot? It's a  shame he didn't get a video out there to go with the release. Still, he did a fair share or promotion by himself. He sure as hell made it known the record has AXL ROSE in it. (who wouldn't) He  Toured a lot with GNR in recent past..all that. The album did get promotion. It ended up being just Bach having to do it by himself but..yah, he did a fair amount of it. So yeah..6k is very fucking bad. Maybe it is a slow burner or something.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:31:09 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2007, 07:44:56 PM »

I?m stunned so-called music industry insiders here still don?t know what it takes to get an album to be top-sales.
Moreover, I highly doubt Bach himself knows the exact sales figures which makes this posts as pointless as discussing if Axl?s 1986 sat dish had been burnt to a crisp in the fire it would affect CD sales in any way.
CD will sell if it gets massive promotion. If it doesn't, it won't no matter how bad/good it might be. It's that simple.

Well then why don't you enlighten us then to how it suppose to be done?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »

i was shocked that the album did so shitty...i could care less because i think its a great album....but i will admit i was shocked at the shitty album sales....i was expecting a top 40 debut at the very least, i am shocked that it barely made the top 200...i see alot of shitty bands at least crack the top 40....a big problem and i dont know if any of you encountered this was when i would tell people a new sebastian bach album was coming out i got 2 reactions 1. who? and 2. they would laugh....which really sucks...because bach made a great album...i went to the album signing in new jersey the day it came out...he was really nice and seems to care about his fans...oh well...looks like there are bunch of people who are missing out on this great record

NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »

Massive exposure ? Loads of video clips ? Magazine covers ? Interviews on TV ? Pay radio stations/ tv channels to play your tunes ?
Why has Britney Spears sold so many albums ? Because she is a one-woman Led Zepellin ?
Ever wondered why certain companies are featured on the first pages of a search when you google the name of a product ? Alphabetical order?
Ever wondered why certain bands are featured as the top 10 on the radio stations / video clip programs on tv ?
Talent ?
Same thing with movies. No matter how much money they spend to make them or how good they are, if there's no massive advertise people won't know they exist.It's not like there aren't enough choices in the nearest Blockbuster/CD store. On a branded planet what makes people choose one or another ?
Average American is bombarded with 274 ads of all sorts a day or 7 million over a lifetime.
First lesson in marketing and advertising - you don't desire what you can't see therefore you don't buy.
If there were such a business that could rely solely on talent or quality itself marketing and advertising wouldn't exist and companies wouldn't spent a whole lot more to promote their products than to actually design and produce them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 03:19:33 PM by NiGhTrAiN? » Logged
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »

Chinese Democracy will sell as much as if not more than the latest Eagles debut, which was an exclusive anyway. Still, don't underestimate this album too much. Don't inflate your expectations, but don't keep underestimating it either. Remember when Axl introduced The Killers at the VMAs? Standing ovation, baby. Fucker only has to show up. Once this thing is finally released, and it will be, you'll eat your words. People not only will hear music, they want to.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2007, 10:44:55 PM »

I'd be curious to know how many people on this board bought it.

I'm not a huge fan of Baz.. i was starting to be, but i saw a few reality episodes (Rap Superstar and Supergroup) where he just looked like a huge tool. So cheesy. Hope you all don't consider that last sentence to be treason. haha

Viva Savage Animal!
Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

beer

Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" - Number One on Billboard's Heatseekers

Sebastian Bach tops next week's Billboard Heatseekers Chart with "Angel Down," his first solo album in eight years. In addition to the Number One chart debut, "Angel Down" has also been winning over the critics:

"'Angel Down' will tear you up..an amped yet layered backdrop for this limitless voice, an uncharacteristically tortured Bach blazes a promising new path of modern badness and paranoia." - Los Angeles Times

"The truth is, Sebastian Bach has a great f**king voice...it's gratifying to hear he hasn't lost a whit of his vocal power, range, or attitude on 'Angel Down.'" - SF Weekly

"Bach's solo disc rocks harder - and more single-mindedly - than you'd expect." - Entertainment Weekly

"Angel Down" - produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Judas Priest) and featuring three tracks with Guns N Roses' Axl Rose on vocals - also lands at #27 on Billboard's Hard Rock chart, and enters the Top 200 Albums chart at #190. While it will be a week or so before all international sales figures are in, "Angel Down" debuted at #50 in Japan.

http://newsblaze.com/story/200711290626 ? -Wire.html

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »

I'd be curious to know how many people on this board bought it.

I'm not a huge fan of Baz.. i was starting to be, but i saw a few reality episodes (Rap Superstar and Supergroup) where he just looked like a huge tool. So cheesy. Hope you all don't consider that last sentence to be treason. haha

Viva Savage Animal!

I just bought my copy yesterday and listened to the entire thing. I don't really care what the critics say, I think this is a solid offering from Baz. There are like 7 tunes on the album that could easily turn into hits. Bitchslap is great. I think I like Bitchslap more than Back in the Saddle. You Don't Understand is great and #7 and #8 are strong as well. Since it's new, I don't know the titles yet by heart but I'll tell you what, based on what I know is out there by other artists in the same realm, this stands out. I also listened to the release by Wolfmother back in May and I thought most of the songs sounded the damn same. At least each of the songs on this compilation has a uniqueness to it.

And as far as Baz being cheesy and a tool, well, you are way out of line man. He did that stuff to get back in the public eye. Sometimes, you have to take shit and make the best of it to get back into what you really want to do. It's just like a job. If you were gone for a period of time and hadn't worked in your field, you might have to start at the bottom to get to the top. Look at all those celebrities from Dancing with the Stars - which I hate by the way - they are all looking to get back into the limelight so they do whatever they can to gain recognition.

Finally, Baz has a goofy personality. He seems pretty easy to get along with and I bet that's why Axl likes him. He is funny and very outgoing - most rock stars are aloof and can't be bothered - not all, just some. So, because this guy is a geniune likable, nutty, over the top at times person, you think he is cheese and a tool. You probably don't have any friends like this. Too bad. I do and they are very intelligent but there overall personality is nutty, which I tend to love in this day and age of negative ass wipes

Dont count this release out just yet, sometimes it takes a little time to get the engine running. I know of new releases that take off weeks after because the songs receive more air play and promotion. You should just let it be dude.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

Can't see how it could

Baz and Axl were really good friends back in the day when they toured together and they were talking about doing a record together back in 91.?
So they really are old friends and I believe that Axl is very loyal and very helpful to his friends.

Oh believe me, I totally understand all that. It's just the whole thing about how you go onto the official site for Gnr and you see a picture of Baz. Every day there's some quote from Baz about Axl and the album. It's just tiring. The site should be about THIS band and THIS album. I could care less if Axl sings on 3 songs off of Baz's album. He's irrelevant to me. Change the damn picture, give us an update of some kind, and speak for yourself about the album, don't let this ass-clown keep doing it, it's making the whole thing even crazier than ever.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2007, 12:00:17 PM »

Amen, Cheryl for saying everything I feel about this album too. ?Say what you want about Baz but it really does kick ass. ?I like the fact that it contains rock, really heavy rock, and ballads as well. ?All the songs appeal to me in some way and he should be extremely proud of his efforts.

beer

Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" - Number One on Billboard's Heatseekers

Very cool!!!!!!!! Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: