Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?  (Read 14107 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »

I think the show they did on VH1 Supergroup or whatever it was called showed a very unfavorable side of the guy.  I mean everytime he drinks he acts like a complete idiot.  So perhaps he created a buzz.  Unfortunately only through Pinot Noir Wine. I get wild when I drink, but he is just kind of a Tool an annoying asshole on that show.  It changed my opinion on him. 

Yea, it was a bummer to see. He really came off as a first rate, immature, jerk.

What I found intriguing during the last tour was how younger people were not interested, or simply indifferent to Bach. I always felt he had a great voice, great songs, great performance, but the younger crowd didn't really express interest (the ones I talked to anyway.)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »

because anyone under the age of 30(myself included) basically views Bach as no different than bret michaels or jani lane....another hair metal/glam leather pants rocker......when you have singers such as mike patton, phil anselmo, anthony kiedis, kurt cobain, serj tankian, etc it is kind of hard for anyone to look at Bach as some trendsetter genious vocalist...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »

failure to release it might be rather more problematic.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »

because anyone under the age of 30(myself included) basically views Bach as no different than bret michaels or jani lane....another hair metal/glam leather pants rocker......when you have singers such as mike patton, phil anselmo, anthony kiedis, kurt cobain, serj tankian, etc it is kind of hard for anyone to look at Bach as some trendsetter genious vocalist...

beautifully put.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »

beautifully put.

Well it's too bad. Bach was way more talented than the Lane or Michaels cast. Not an icon in my book, but head and shoulders above the group he was lumped into-has beens.

Either way, from my experience, he doesn't have the crowd pull that Axl does, regardless of his talent, and that's just the way it is.

To the original question, absolutely not...of course not.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »

Can't see how it could

I mean Axl singing on that record seemed to be more of a favor to Baz than anything else

I'm still surprised at Axl's fascination with this guy and that he may even believe that Baz is relevant in today's music scene, but that aside, I think it does
not matter at all in regards to CD

Baz and Axl were really good friends back in the day when they toured together and they were talking about doing a record together back in 91. 
So they really are old friends and I believe that Axl is very loyal and very helpful to his friends.

Oh believe me, I totally understand all that. It's just the whole thing about how you go onto the official site for Gnr and you see a picture of Baz. Every day there's some quote from Baz about Axl and the album. It's just tiring. The site should be about THIS band and THIS album. I could care less if Axl sings on 3 songs off of Baz's album. He's irrelevant to me. Change the damn picture, give us an update of some kind, and speak for yourself about the album, don't let this ass-clown keep doing it, it's making the whole thing even crazier than ever.

Right now all we got is Baz as far as anything related to Axl.   We have, some info about CD and how much material Axl has more importantly we have Axl on 3 officially released songs and he sounds incredible, only thing is it makes you crave more from him, it keeps Axl in the media at a constant right now and we have stuff to talk about because we are in a silent period.  I'd say not to shabby.

I understand wanting Axl to talk himself, I think we all want that but Axl is Axl and he's not ready so I'll take Baz and he can talk about Axl till the cows come home, it's all good to me because it's better then nothing. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2007, 02:24:08 PM »

You are aware that some people put Axl in that category as well?

And then there's singers like Phil who started out in looking like a member of Pretty Boy Floyd......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2007, 02:32:50 PM »

You are aware that some people put Axl in that category as well?

Most people I know, in my age group, away from the board, consider Axl a has been, who can no longer sing. All were fans "back in the day."
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2007, 03:28:57 PM »

How is sebastian?s album selling?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2007, 03:42:44 PM »

How is sebastian?s album selling?
Quote from: Acekicken on Today at 11:15:31 AM
beer

Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" - Number One on Billboard's Heatseekers

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »

all I know is that not every record store sells it.

Most people I know, in my age group, away from the board, consider Axl a has been, who can no longer sing. All were fans "back in the day."

isn't it funny that he is considered to be the coolest one of your age group and over by teenage girls who weren't fans back in the day. hihi
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »

I went to my Best Buy didn't have it or I was looking under Bach when maybe I should of looked for sebastian.  I found my copy at Target and after I snagged my copy they only had two left so im guessing they didn't get that many copies.  Anways I think what Axl did for Baz is great helped out on the album its great but let me tell you this Chinese Democracy will come out even if Baz album sold 10 copies.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2007, 07:05:57 PM »

i think there is a different perception of 1980's Axl compared to current Axl...as for Phil Anselmo he would be the 1st to admit he started off looking like a tool? ?but the man has built a solid career and groundreaking career as a vocalist considering 90 % of metal singers rip him off
Sandy Prso
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »

NO !!!  smoking
LoliRocket
Opening Act

I am Unstoppable

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »

Baz kick asses.? Angel Down? is rock, the rock & roll is? back!!.? It's 190 at Billboard!! but is just in the first week, just wait. And I think that this album? is a good advance of Chinese...I guess? Undecided

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85699

Please, sorry my bad english!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:56:44 PM by LoliRocket » Logged

█║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║
αll яιgнтѕ яєѕєяνєd.
Lσlιтα..! ★ ?2009|☆

? αll тнιиgѕ αяє ρσѕѕιвlє...ι αм υиѕтσρραвlє ?
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2007, 01:44:51 AM »

And as far as Baz being cheesy and a tool, well, you are way out of line man. He did that stuff to get back in the public eye. Sometimes, you have to take shit and make the best of it to get back into what you really want to do. It's just like a job. If you were gone for a period of time and hadn't worked in your field, you might have to start at the bottom to get to the top. Look at all those celebrities from Dancing with the Stars - which I hate by the way - they are all looking to get back into the limelight so they do whatever they can to gain recognition.

Finally, Baz has a goofy personality. He seems pretty easy to get along with and I bet that's why Axl likes him. He is funny and very outgoing - most rock stars are aloof and can't be bothered - not all, just some. So, because this guy is a geniune likable, nutty, over the top at times person, you think he is cheese and a tool. You probably don't have any friends like this. Too bad. I do and they are very intelligent but there overall personality is nutty, which I tend to love in this day and age of negative ass wipes

Ok. Good points. Plus reality TV kinda always aims to make people look foolish.
I like his singing alot.. I'm sure the album is good.
Some of that TV stuff turned me off a bit though.
But he surely escaped with more dignity than Flav. haha
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:06:41 AM by Jay Tea » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2007, 09:23:31 AM »

6,400 in first week only? Wow. Welcome to the record industry in 2007-It would have been interesting to see how this would have sold if Axl had not been on it-all that time opening for GNR in the past year or so, I guess his new music didn't have much of an impact-that's the way things are these days, and all the people who have been posting Velvet Revovler's record saled for Libertad should realize how low record sales are dropping year by year

libertad
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »

whats the best site showing record sales?

billboard.com

and he sold 6400 copies his first week in the united states. he is 190 on billboards top 200. that is horrible!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »

whats the best site showing record sales?

billboard.com

and he sold 6400 copies his first week in the united states. he is 190 on billboards top 200. that is horrible!
It's #1 on the Heat Seekers chart, whatever that means.  I have to admit, I've never heard of any of the other albums on said list.  Although, most of the albums on the top 200 list are crap in my opinion anyway, so what's that tell you?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »

this is the defintion of the billboard heatseekers chart

"The best-selling albums by new and developing acts, defined as those who have never appeared in the top 100 of The Billboard 200. If a Heatseekers title reaches that level, it and the act's subsequent albums are immediately ineligible to appear on the Heatseekers chart."

Bach is the ONLY name on the chart that i EVER heard of. lol. He is not a "new" artist and he is not a devolping artist either. Another words the chart is bullshit. The cd is medicore at best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: