Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The Rumbo Tapes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rumbo Tapes  (Read 9179 times)
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: December 07, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

What are the Rumbo Tapes?  I just found some demos and stuff on Youtube and I've never heard of this before.  Anybody have any info for me?

Thanks,

Kangaroo
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »

Just a collection of UYI, Lies and AFD demos, a lot of which didn't make it onto any released records.  Rumbo Recorders is where the demos were recorded, although not all at the same time (I don't think).  Several were recorded with a drum machine, so it's theorised those were made when Adler was out of the band, and Sorum wasn't in yet.  Anyway it's a great bootleg, some really cool material on it, including crash diet. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »

I disagree, Crash diet was recorded way before Appetite. It's pretty well known that West Arkeen plays guitar on Crash Diet and others. By the Sound of it, You can tell the Drum Machine Songs were recorded at the same time: Crash Diet, Just Another Sunday, Bring It Back Home, Yesterday and Bad Obsession. I'm Saying those are "Pre-Appetite" Songs.

Rumbo Studios Located in Canoga Park CA. is where is some of "Appetite" was recorded. "The Rumbo Tapes" were a collection of demos recorded there.

Check here for the list of dates and times of recorded demos.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/recordingsessions.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:17:37 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 04:04:59 AM »

I disagree, Crash diet was recorded way before Appetite. It's pretty well known that West Arkeen plays guitar on Crash Diet and others. By the Sound of it, You can tell the Drum Machine Songs were recorded at the same time: Crash Diet, Just Another Sunday, Bring It Back Home, Yesterday and Bad Obsession. I'm Saying those are "Pre-Appetite" Songs.

You're talking in a very definate manner about stuff that no-one is 100% sure about.  That article you cited says the recording dates of most of those songs are unknown. 

I mean, according to the Wiki, CD was made during the Lies sessions.  I don't think that's true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guns_N'_Roses'_unreleased_songs

According to GnrSource (far more reliable) CD was demoed for UYI, and that seems more likely to me. 
http://www.gnrsource.com/songinfo/other/other/crashd.htm

And since when did west arkeen play guitar on crash diet? He helped write it sure, but that sounds like Slash playing to me. 

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 11:27:21 AM »

You're talking in a very definate manner about stuff that no-one is 100% sure about.? That article you cited says the recording dates of most of those songs are unknown.?

I mean, according to the Wiki, CD was made during the Lies sessions.? I don't think that's true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guns_N'_Roses'_unreleased_songs

According to GnrSource (far more reliable) CD was demoed for UYI, and that seems more likely to me.?
http://www.gnrsource.com/songinfo/other/other/crashd.htm

And since when did west arkeen play guitar on crash diet? He helped write it sure, but that sounds like Slash playing to me.?
Well, don by looking at your own GNRSOURCE links it says West Arkeen plays on Crash Diet.

I understand the confusion, I've seen Those songs are often mislabled both ways really. You're right it's not known when those were recorded. but they sound really old to me Just as Slash Says on your Crash Diet link.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:32:55 AM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

Well, don by looking at your own GNRSOURCE links it says West Arkeen plays on Crash Diet.

So it does, didn't see that.

Ah well, it's a cool song anyways.  The whole rumbo tapes album is good.

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 12:40:13 PM »

Yes I agree I love listening to them alot!  yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: