Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is CD delay about royalty issues?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is CD delay about royalty issues?  (Read 16641 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 02:04:44 PM »

remember when a forum member met bbf earlier in the month and he said that he told him it was the record company.....and everyone here said it had to be BS

looks like not so much..

As I recall BBF said this to someone last year as well.? Or early in 2007, I can't really remember exactly when, just that it was quite a long time ago.?

I can see how it is an issue, so many have supposedly played for the recording of this album it is probably a nightmare trying to figure out who is supposed to get credit.?

It's all very frustrating though for the fans!? And I would imagine for the band too!

it has nothing to do with royalties to anyone , whether it be former members or guest players on the cd. before guest players even come in, all those arrangements are figured out beforehand. as for the former members, it is not an issue...i can think of a few reasons why it is not out, but royalties is definitely not one of them...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
guns_n_motley
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

Are we talking artwork, packaging, etc., or simply the master of the cd?? Can't believe the thought of a fully mastered CD was just in my thoughts...wow

Baz said with His cd, he had to hand in/finish the album by august to get it out by christmas. alot had to do with packaging etc. according to the label. they might be waiting until the right time??
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »

Well it's lawsuits.
the company.

I mean, why would axl be on someone else's record if his own wasn't done?Huh
guns_n_motley
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »

Well it's lawsuits.
the company.

I mean, why would axl be on someone else's record if his own wasn't done?Huh

if it has to do with the record company as mysteron said, then his must be done.

But the record company holds ALOT of weight on what happens. it would make sense the "the timing couldnt be better" meaning, axl was done with CD, and just did baz for fun
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 03:59:41 PM »

well, Take it for it is.

There is a lot more then Lawsuits and company stuff holding this up, and it isn't axl this time.(as far I know now)
all will be cleared before the end of the year if things go along smooth.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 04:11:37 PM »

Good news. Thanks Mysteron. ok
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 04:14:39 PM »

Things never go along smoothly Smiley

you can say that again...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 04:54:31 PM »

well, Take it for it is.

There is a lot more then Lawsuits and company stuff holding this up, and it isn't axl this time.(as far I know now)
all will be cleared before the end of the year if things go along smooth.
how do you know things will be cleared before the end of the year?

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »

As posted, things are in motion.
The company has CD.
A couple of things are holding back CD and more.
Once these things have cleared up its sure to say that it's a greenlight.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 05:43:17 PM »

I'm interested to see how long this little nugget lasts cause IMHO this is what it's all about

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.
I wish I could get my hopes up when Mysteron says something. Maybe you could elaborate without saying too much?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

thanks for that Mysteron. beer

do you know when CD was handed in?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »

i think thats all hes giving us people - bit of a teaser that mysteron Roll Eyes
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »

Maybe the company is split: some wants to promote Chinese Democracy as a HUGE album while some wants to promote it like just a normal high profile release?
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 03:06:22 AM »

Maybe the company is split: some wants to promote Chinese Democracy as a HUGE album while some wants to promote it like just a normal high profile release?
I don't think this would be the case necessarily...the album has cost the recordcompany quite a lot of cash and I'm sure they'd want that back one way or another. Promoting it as a 'regular' record while that band hasn't released an official record in years, along with the fact that their last record sold millions of copies, plus the huge amount of people that attended GNR gigs between 2006 and 2007, and the big interest that people still seem to have for Axl (for example Back In The Saddle getting requested a lot) it would be stupid if they'd do some half-assed promoting campaign. My guess would be that they're working on artwork, booklets and an over the top promoting campaign or something and I'm sure there's a lot of legal stuff going on aswell.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »

I'm interested to see how long this little nugget lasts cause IMHO this is what it's all about

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.
Since when? I know you cant answer everything, but we're dying already, lol.? Undecided
Though, I think they're waiting for Xmas or something...

Yeah waiting for Christmas... Christmas of what year?
 Tongue

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 09:23:10 PM »

All due respect, I'd like to know what we mean by its caused by the record company.  That can imply a number of things.  At its most extreme, Axl has agreed to all terms of the contract and is just waiting for the record company to get their shit together.  At the other extreme, the record company is waiting for Axl to be "reasonable".  Take that for what you will, but I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between.  I'm not familar with how record companies work and all, but Chinese Democracy would be the biggest release in a long time and something Geffen/Interscope/Universal/Whoever the record company is, would be pushing for release with appropriate promotion.  With it ready for release, I just hope that all parties involved can negotiate terms that are fair. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 01:53:40 AM »

does anyone think that possibly now that there is supposedly a three album trilogy concept that axl might want to extend his record deal, and the record company might not be willing to comply because just getting this 1st album has taken so long. So i dont know if this theory is insane but maybe the record company wants the three albums finished before they will extend GNR's new record deal

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 09:02:50 PM »

I don't beleive this for a second.(what is your source for this statement?) If the ball is in their court then that means the whole album has been turned over to them. Sorry, i don't beleive it. I say Axl is sitting on it waiting till he's damn good and ready,? maybe never. just cause recording is finished doesn't mean the record comany has it.
mesha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 04:54:37 AM »

I don't beleive this for a second.(what is your source for this statement?) If the ball is in their court then that means the whole album has been turned over to them. Sorry, i don't beleive it. I say Axl is sitting on it waiting till he's damn good and ready,  maybe never. just cause recording is finished doesn't mean the record comany has it.

and your source would be?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 08:06:05 AM »

If Mysteron says so, I believe it has been handed.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: