Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62257 times)
Heron Bonez
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »

MOST of you people here are crazy for saying that DUI is such a terrible "crime".  I'm not saying that it is good but....

1.4 million people were arrested for DUI in the United States in 2004

source:  http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/TSF2005/810616.pdf

Now, only a small percentage of people who drink & drive actually get arrested for it. 

People who get DUI are
Grandmothers , Grandfathers, everyday housemoms & fathers, teachers, even police officers and politicians. 
POINT  Everyday people get DUI, people just like YOU!   DUI is not a felony!

Velvet Revolver booked the 2 new years gigs after Scotts arrest, so what does that say to you?   VR is alive and well.  This may be a bump in the road, but not a big one.

Point aside, R&R is a dangerous lifestyle.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »

Do all those people you mentioned get arrested repeatedly or is it just Scott?

This isn't his first time.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

Apparently it's people in general, but I think everyone's a little "worried" or "upset", because this isn't his first time like Jarmo said... So that's why everyone's making kind of a big deal out of it.

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »

You wonder where rumors gets started...this from eNews 2.0

This is the last line of the report... rofl

Weiland was set on fire by his wife, literally after a domestic fight that ended with his clothes turned into ashes and his wife released on a $50,000 bond.

http://www.enews20.com/news_Velvet_Revolvers_Singer_Weiland_Arrested_For_DUI_04186.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

What is WRONG with her?

They truly are good for eachother, apparently...

I wonder if she's the one messing his head up...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2007, 04:03:41 PM »

MOST of you people here are crazy for saying that DUI is such a terrible "crime".? I'm not saying that it is good but....

source:? http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/TSF2005/810616.pdf

Now, only a small percentage of people who drink & drive actually get arrested for it.?

People who get DUI are
Grandmothers , Grandfathers, everyday housemoms & fathers, teachers, even police officers and politicians.?
POINT? Everyday people get DUI, people just like YOU!? ?DUI is not a felony!

Velvet Revolver booked the 2 new years gigs after Scotts arrest, so what does that say to you?? ?VR is alive and well.? This may be a bump in the road, but not a big one.

Who gives a shit what the broad spectrum of people who get arrested for DUI is?  What in the fuck does that matter?

It is never o.k. to put innocent people at risk for injury or death because you're too selfish, too lazy or just too fucking stupid to not drive under the influence.

R&R may be "dangerous lifestyle", but drinking under the influence is a CRIMINAL act.  No one gets a pass for it and it is never o.k.

Ali
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »

I checked the police report which someone posted on the 1st page of this thread and he is being charged with 23152. (a) which is drugs because 23152. (b) is driving over the legal limit of alcohol.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23152.htm

I don't live in Ca, but after reading the law there it looks to me like Sec. (a) address' the qualitative actions of the offender; while Sec (b) address' the quanatative aspects of the offence. ie. (a) is the person under the influence of something, and (b) if it is alchohol, it has to be over .08 to qualify as a violation of the statue.

In most states, one can drive with less than .08 BAC and not be charged with DUI; generally if the BAC is over .02, but less than .08, and the offender is not a juvenile, the offense then becomes "wreckless driving".

Part A is the charge which would differentiate if it was drugs or alcohol.  B is added as "per se" if the person charged has a BAC of above .08.  He is charged with A only with no BAC, hence why I keep saying it's drugs not booze.  Driving with a BAC of under .08 is a lesser charge I believe but still different than driving on drugs.  I guess it's a bit complicated, I had this happen to someone close to me recently (and he is a moron too for doing it) which is why I know so much about it.

DUI (drugs only) in California can be prosecuted as entirely circumstantial cases and even if he was high on legal cold meds he still could be convicted.

http://www.californiaduihelp.com/dui_drugs/california_dui_drug_case.asp
In DUI cases involving alcohol, California?s implied consent law authorizes a choice between blood or breath tests; in a case where driving under the influence of drugs is suspected, the arrestee?s choice is between a blood or urine test. Urine testing is so unreliable that it is not an option in a drunk driving investigation, but is an acceptable test for drugs.

At the end of the day though, does it really matter?  He was stupid enough to get behind the wheel like this and that is just a damn shame.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »

Weiland was set on fire by his wife, literally after a domestic fight that ended with his clothes turned into ashes and his wife released on a $50,000 bond.

http://www.enews20.com/news_Velvet_Revolvers_Singer_Weiland_Arrested_For_DUI_04186.html

I don't even know what to say to that rofl
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »

Is this true?HuhHuhHuh rofl

Ya know what they say, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! Grin
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2007, 04:49:04 PM »

Isn't that old news though?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »

Is this true?HuhHuhHuh rofl

Ya know what they say, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! Grin

Let's just say that they embellished a bit...she burned his clothes in a trash can, she never set him on fire.  Just pointing out how some of the press is getting a little carried away.  And yes it happened a while ago.

Maybe they should put out a more detailed press release on the DUI.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 05:19:09 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Heron Bonez
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2007, 05:18:28 PM »

Who gives a shit what the broad spectrum of people who get arrested for DUI is?? What in the fuck does that matter?

It is never o.k. to put innocent people at risk for injury or death because you're too selfish, too lazy or just too fucking stupid to not drive under the influence.

R&R may be "dangerous lifestyle", but drinking under the influence is a CRIMINAL act.? No one gets a pass for it and it is never o.k.

Ali

Your first question is plain stupidity. ?It does "fucking" matter what people get ?get a DUI. ?It proved a point that you OBVIOUSLY dont understand.

your second comment, I dont recall saying it was "OK" to drink and drive

3rd comment, where do I say it wasnt a criminal act?

Why dont you do yourself a favor and think before you speak? ?

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »

MOST of you people here are crazy for saying that DUI is such a terrible "crime". I'm not saying that it is good but....

source: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/TSF2005/810616.pdf

Now, only a small percentage of people who drink & drive actually get arrested for it.

People who get DUI are
Grandmothers , Grandfathers, everyday housemoms & fathers, teachers, even police officers and politicians.
POINT Everyday people get DUI, people just like YOU! DUI is not a felony!

Velvet Revolver booked the 2 new years gigs after Scotts arrest, so what does that say to you? VR is alive and well. This may be a bump in the road, but not a big one.

In a sense, I agree with you. Most of the arguments surrounding DUI are "red herrings" that the public has swallowed hook, line, and sinker. It should be about fairness and similar actions.

I saw a study 20+ years ago that showed that moderate drinking impairs one abilities about as much as having the flu, and I wonder how many people, who think it is such a horrible crime, have got behind the wheel after not sleeping enough, or driving while tired. Those impair ones ability significantly. Another controlled experiment conducted by a news organization years ago, showed that the ones that were drinking actually had faster reaction times than those that were tired. I think the DUI laws are out of control due to that vocal minority ... the "Mad Mothers".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »

I think the DUI laws are out of control due to that vocal minority ... the "Mad Mothers".

They're also the worst drivers on the road! hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:25 PM »

Who gives a shit what the broad spectrum of people who get arrested for DUI is?? What in the fuck does that matter?

R&R may be "dangerous lifestyle", but drinking under the influence is a CRIMINAL act.? No one gets a pass for it and it is never o.k.

Ali

Your first question is plain stupidity. ?It does "fucking" matter what people get ?get a DUI. ?It proved a point that you OBVIOUSLY dont understand.

your second comment, I dont recall saying it was "OK" to drink and drive

3rd comment, where do I say it wasnt a criminal act?

Why dont you do yourself a favor and think before you speak? ?

No, it isn't at all relevant to the point at hand, which is Scott Weiland getting arrested for DUI.

Why did you bring up the "dangerous lifestyle" thing? ?There is nothing dangerous in the fun, exciting sense of the word about an act that has killed and will continue to kill thousands of people each year.

I never said you said it wasn't a criminal act. ?Perhaps you should learn how to read and think before sitting down and typing?

It is stupid to bring up the "dangerous lifestyle" of rock and roll angle when that had nothing to do with it. ?It was a criminal act, not an act that is a part of the rock and roll lifestyle.

Since you like statistics so much, here are a few for you:

There were 16,885 alcohol-related fatalities in 2005 ? 39 percent of the total traffic fatalities for the year.

The 16,885 fatalities in alcohol-related crashes during 2005 represent an average
of one alcohol-related fatality every 31 minutes.

An estimated 254,000 persons were injured in crashes where police reported that alcohol was present ? an average of one person injured approximately every 2 minutes.

That is why it is such a terrible crime, not "crime". ?Deaths as a result of driving under the influence happen every half hour. ?Obviously, not everyone who drives under the influence gets caught and not everyone who is arrested is guilty. ?But, Weiland failed a field sobriety test and refused to take blook or urine tests, which if he had nothing to hide, shouldn't have been a problem. ?Think about those statistics a little before you try to dismiss the seriousness of driving under the influence.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »

I don't understand how all these famous people are always getting DUI's.  I mean if I was famous I don't think I'd drive myself anywhere.  Hire a driver, then you don't have to worry about getting caught.  I know they just wanna live a normal life, but I'd hire a driver to haul my drunk ass around if I could afford it, lord knows that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »

oh here we go again '
with the dumb shit '
figures '

the one an only horsey !
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »

/jarmo

i work with a guy who has 3

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2007, 07:18:17 PM »

/jarmo

he should be proud.    Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2007, 07:21:19 PM »

/jarmo

Some never learn?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: