Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:10:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62061 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »

According to TMZ.com, VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has been charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law.

In a statement from Los Angeles City Attorney spokesperson Frank Mateljan, Scott faces "maximum penalty of one year county jail and a $1000 fine, and a minimum penalty eight days in jail (because of the prior conviction and the refusal to take a drug test). His car could also be impounded for up to 30 days. "

He will be arraigned tomorrow in a Los Angeles County court.

On November 21, the former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer was arrested, when he crashed his car while driving on an L.A. highway.

A rep for VELVET REVOLVER tells TMZ.com that the band's show tonight at L.A.'s Gibson Amphitheater is still going on as scheduled.

blabbermouth story...i guess hes going away from 8 days- a year
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »

"Scott is looking forward to having this matter cleared up in court tomorrow," his publicist Mitch Schneider said Wednesday. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »

"Scott is looking forward to having this matter cleared up in court tomorrow," his publicist Mitch Schneider said Wednesday. Undecided

One would think that by now he would know the court system a little better than to think he can just "clear it up" after refusing the drug tests. no
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2007, 12:41:43 AM »

Money and good lawyers should help him!  Wink
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2007, 02:49:27 PM »

this is pure speculation and only opinions of course.. if it's deleted i'm ok with it hihi

so.. i think that if he gets a year in prison that VR is over or at least take a longer break (duh? Tongue) (not that i think he'll get a year).. if he gets 8 days, VR will stay alive for a while longer.. question is how long time do you think the rest of VR is "accepting", where is the limit, (really hard to explain how i mean but i hope you get it..) 5 months, 7months? more/less?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »

The courts rarely impose the max, and never to celebrities. I thought before he might receive 60 days maximum, but after seeing the DA's press release, he won't get over 2 weeks ... maybe less.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »

Weiland to Fans -- I'm No Choir Boy, So What?

Posted Dec 13th 2007 4:44PM by TMZ Staff

Scott Weiland and Velvet Revolver rocked out in Hollywood last night, and the frontman made a point to remind the crowd that aging rockers are no role models. Uh, Keith Richards?

Weiland, who was recently charged with driving under the influence of drugs, went on an on-stage rant about not believing everything you hear, and reminding everyone that VR is not the "Mormon Tabernacle F**king Choir." Ya think?

A source backstage at the show tells TMZ, "Scott looked out of it ... he kept away from the rest of the band and didn't take any pictures."

Weiland was set to face a judge this morning in criminal court for his most recent DUI bust, but the case was continued until January 17.

Video of rant here: http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1342094274

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2007, 07:02:15 PM »

Weiland, who was recently charged with driving under the influence of drugs, went on an on-stage rant about not believing everything you hear, and reminding everyone that VR is not the "Mormon Tabernacle F**king Choir." Ya think?

that to me is scott saying "we're the real deal, we drink and drive, we're cool"

of course i don't like the guy's personality so i'm a bit biased..

he's a role model for kids, wether he wants it or not
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »

Weiland, who was recently charged with driving under the influence of drugs, went on an on-stage rant about not believing everything you hear, and reminding everyone that VR is not the "Mormon Tabernacle F**king Choir."

If he really said that, he should keep it in mind next time his band is denied visas to Japan instead of pointing to the "increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

Weiland, who was recently charged with driving under the influence of drugs, went on an on-stage rant about not believing everything you hear, and reminding everyone that VR is not the "Mormon Tabernacle F**king Choir."

If he really said that, he should keep it in mind next time his band is denied visas to Japan instead of pointing to the "increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials".

/jarmo

maybe they really are the most dangerous band in the world  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2007, 07:22:39 PM »

/jarmo

maybe they really are the most dangerous band in the world  hihi

Yeah, and unfortunately it's to people on the highways and other innocent bystanders.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »

Last night was probably the worst ive ever heard scott sound. Plus the fact that he was mubling between songs and making rants was kinda annoying.

At least they played american man

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »

So the arraignment was continued until January 17th?  I wonder why?

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »

The courts rarely impose the max, and never to celebrities. I thought before he might receive 60 days maximum, but after seeing the DA's press release, he won't get over 2 weeks ... maybe less.

Kind of agree with that. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2007, 09:30:52 PM »

So the arraignment was continued until January 17th? I wonder why?

I doubt his arraignment was continued, that is probably the date for a preliminary hearing conference.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:04:18 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »

Posted Dec 13th 2007 4:44PM by TMZ Staff

Scott Weiland and Velvet Revolver rocked out in Hollywood last night, and the frontman made a point to remind the crowd that aging rockers are no role models. Uh, Keith Richards?

A source backstage at the show tells TMZ, "Scott looked out of it ... he kept away from the rest of the band and didn't take any pictures."

Weiland was set to face a judge this morning in criminal court for his most recent DUI bust, but the case was continued until January 17.

Video of rant here: http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1342094274

LOL!  hihi This is hilarious!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2007, 10:17:01 PM »

I doubt his arraignment was continued, that is probably the date for a preliminary hearing conference.

That sounds like it didn't happen.

And if they did have the arraignment...you would think that they would be reporting on how he plead?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2007, 10:58:22 PM »

Jizzo, how was American Man?

Weiland is such a tool.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2007, 11:09:29 PM »

"He, who is without sin, shall cast the first stone."

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2007, 11:13:28 PM »

That sounds like it didn't happen.

And if they did have the arraignment...you would think that they would be reporting on how he plead?

it means in plain english, that the case was pushed back until 1/17...its a very common legal occurence....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: