Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62552 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2007, 11:43:27 PM »

So the arraignment was continued until January 17th? I wonder why?

I doubt his arraignment was continued, that is probably the date for a preliminary hearing conference.

Weiland was set to face a judge this morning in criminal court for his most recent DUI bust, but the case was continued until January 17.

That sounds like it didn't happen.

And if they did have the arraignment...you would think that they would be reporting on how he plead?

it means in plain english, that the case was pushed back until 1/17...its a very common legal occurence....

I understand that.  My questions was I wonder why?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2007, 12:57:06 AM »

I doubt his arraignment was continued, that is probably the date for a preliminary hearing conference.

Weiland was set to face a judge this morning in criminal court for his most recent DUI bust, but the case was continued until January 17.

And if they did have the arraignment...you would think that they would be reporting on how he plead?

it means in plain english, that the case was pushed back until 1/17...its a very common legal occurence....

I understand that. My questions was I wonder why?

it happens all the time. The los angeles area court systems and jails are over booked and over crowded

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2007, 02:08:38 AM »

I understand that. My questions was I wonder why?

it happens all the time. The los angeles area court systems and jails are over booked and over crowded

It is my understanding that a continuance is requested by the defendant or the attorney.

A continuance of a court a court case will only be for good cause shown and with the approval of the court.  If the case is pre-assigned the request must be made to the judge to whom the case is assigned.  If the case has not been pre-assigned the request must be made to the one of the designated criminal continuance judges.

If a continuance is granted, consul must submit by the end of the next business day, to the judge who issued the continuance, an order stating the specific reason for the continuance and the new trial date, which shall be possible, be within 120 days of defendant's arrest.

And before we get into too much of the legal...this has happened before:

These are old cases...

Scott Weiland was due in a Burbank, California, court to face drug charges Friday (July 11), but the case was continued until July 18 because the Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver singer is still in rehab in Florida, according to a court clerk. ...

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland was due in court Wednesday (Feb. 18) to address charges of driving under the influence of drugs, but the singer had his representative ask for a continuance, which was granted, since he just changed lawyers, according to MTV.com. Weiland is now due in court on Monday (Feb. 23), when paperwork for the change of counsel will have to be submitted.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:35 AM »

Seems like he has no respect for the law by what he said in that rant. Does he think it's ok to drive while under the influence?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »

"He, who is without sin, shall cast the first stone."

ive never driven drunk...so does that mean I can bash away??!! hihi rofl
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »

all of this and pete doherty is still free :/ damn it

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »

Didn't that freak give crack to his cat?

Could have been any number of reasons why the case was continued.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »

damn you're right, scott won't get anything no
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »

damn you're right, scott won't get anything no

No, nothing would happen if Scott had been arrested in the UK.  Which is the only reason Pete Doherty isn't sitting in jail right now.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2007, 11:13:47 PM »

the best thing he could do for hisself at this point is check himself into rehab..
RoxyCotton
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2007, 11:32:18 PM »

^Thanks, I'll look at more tomorrow when I have more time.

No problem! Wink

Jarmo, Kiefer is a mess, I think that guy has been arrested more times than he can count.? He is famous for getting wasted in public and removing his pants. hihi

Yeah, but Jack Bauer rocks!!!!
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »

To anyone who thinks that making these little "mistakes" is only human etc... how would you feel if Scott was driving with Slash and Slash was killed? How would you feel about that?  Shocked

I'm a huge Hanoi Rocks fan and their drummer Razzle was killed in a car accident back in the 80's... (If you want to find out more I'm sure you can Google it, there was another well known artist involved in the accident but I don't think we need to discuss it here.)

That's the reason I will not tolerate this kind of sh*t from anyone. And if their attitude is like Scott's... I mean.. How do his band members put up with him?!? Shocked You'd think they'd be kicking him out of the band as we speak, judging by what they have said about a certain other "former friend" as well...  Tongue

JMO, please don't shoot me.  Roll Eyes
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »

To anyone who thinks that making these little "mistakes" is only human etc... how would you feel if Scott was driving with Slash and Slash was killed? How would you feel about that?  Shocked

I'm a huge Hanoi Rocks fan and their drummer Razzle was killed in a car accident back in the 80's... (If you want to find out more I'm sure you can Google it, there was another well known artist involved in the accident but I don't think we need to discuss it here.)

That's the reason I will not tolerate this kind of sh*t from anyone. And if their attitude is like Scott's... I mean.. How do his band members put up with him?!? Shocked You'd think they'd be kicking him out of the band as we speak, judging by what they have said about a certain other "former friend" as well...  Tongue

JMO, please don't shoot me.  Roll Eyes

it doesnt matter though for such stars. As the one that killed razzle paid his way out nice and easy.

He was only in 30 days.

Then again, as much as it sucks razzle and hanoi ended.

It would suck ass if crue hadnt put anymore music out either.

html sucks
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2007, 03:20:11 PM »

scott is a junkie. He's probably on methadone. He can be a junkie and fuck himself all he wants, but when you go out and risk other peoples lives by driving fucked up, thats crossing the line. And this def isnt the first time he's done it. I got a DUI, which was a major mistake, and since then I dont even drive if ive had even one drink. He seems like a selfish fuck.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »

scott is a junkie. He's probably on methadone.

Just curious, are you one of those people who think that methadone maintenance clinics should be closed, or was that some kind of derogative statement born of ignorance?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »

Just curious, are you one of those people who think that methadone maintenance clinics should be closed, or was that some kind of derogative statement born of ignorance?

But are you allowed to drive when you're on methadone?? Huh

*edit*

I guess you are, so we can rule that one out (that he woulda failed the sobriety test because of methadone, which I at first thought would be possible):

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/factsht/methadone/index.html

"Methadone does not impair cognitive functions. It has no adverse effects on mental capability, intelligence, or employability. It is not sedating or intoxicating, nor does it interfere with ordinary activities such as driving a car or operating machinery. "
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:37:02 PM by Razzberry » Logged
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »

Jizzo, how was American Man?

Weiland is such a tool.

I heard it last night (listened to their show via Sirius) and it sounds grand live!? I thought it was ok on the album, but live just gives it a whole new dimension...

what is "a tool" and why is everyone on this board so insulting?? Lots of negative vibes comin out of here - how unfortunate.

Happy New Year
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2008, 04:05:11 PM »

what is "a tool"
Tool:  One who is useless AND idiotic in all aspects at any given time.
(example:  Someone driving while "under the influence")

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
smokinGun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »

But are you allowed to drive when you're on methadone?? Huh

*edit*

I guess you are, so we can rule that one out (that he woulda failed the sobriety test because of methadone, which I at first thought would be possible):

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/factsht/methadone/index.html

"Methadone does not impair cognitive functions. It has no adverse effects on mental capability, intelligence, or employability. It is not sedating or intoxicating, nor does it interfere with ordinary activities such as driving a car or operating machinery. "

Wow that last part is completely incorrect. Eventually one can build up a tolerance to methadone, and at that point it may not be sedating and intoxicating, but Methadone is definately a powerful narcotic, a sedative, an opiate. It is a legal form of heroin basically. This is coming from someone with a lot of personal "experience"
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »

No, Im not saying they should be closed, although they are a form a legal heroin and its a pretty ridiculous unregulated industry, and a horrible route to take for someone who needs treatment. Basically I was making the point that this guy is probably on methadone, so whatever else he takes, esp alcohol, would affect his ability to drive even more. And no, my opinions arent born of ignorance, I have a lot of experience with methadone, and actually a friends girlfriend died of a methadone overdose.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: