Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:44:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62555 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2008, 06:17:54 AM »

scott is a junkie. He's probably on methadone.

Just curious, are you one of those people who think that methadone maintenance clinics should be closed, or was that some kind of derogative statement born of ignorance?
although they are a form a legal heroin and its a pretty ridiculous unregulated industry

You just proved your ignorance. Methadone Maintenance is one of the most heavily regulated institutions in the country. It's rigidity is comparable to a Parole Office.

and "legal heroin", what the hell does that mean. Heroin is an organic compound; methadone is synthetic. I am assuming your argument is that all prescribed opiates are "legal heroin".

and a horrible route to take for someone who needs treatment.

Once again, your ignorance of methadone maintenance is apparent. Maintenance clinics have given many the ability to return to a productive life.

I have a lot of experience with methadone, and actually a friends girlfriend died of a methadone overdose.

I have a suspicion that that is the extent of your experience. The vast majority of fatalities associated with methadone are the result of Dolophine overdose that has been diverted from the original holder of the prescription. Dolophine is prescribed by healthcare providers for pain relief, not methadone clinics.

Wow that last part is completely incorrect. Eventually one can build up a tolerance to methadone, and at that point it may not be sedating and intoxicating, but Methadone is definately a powerful narcotic, a sedative, an opiate. It is a legal form of heroin basically. This is coming from someone with a lot of personal "experience"

Once ones dose is stabilized, there are no side effects. Usually takes about a month for it to happen.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
masterrecorder
Opening Act

That's called the blues...

« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2008, 08:20:09 AM »

Will Scott be in prison in March? I want to go to a Velvet Show and I don't know if they're playing because of Scott...
suicide
VIP

« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »

Will Scott be in prison in March? I want to go to a Velvet Show and I don't know if they're playing because of Scott...
We'll know in about two weeks...

Hey guys, what ever happend to innocent 'till proven guilty?
Do you think none of the current members of GN'R have ever driven under the influence of alcohol??? I hope not, but I think it's unlikely.

What about you? Nope, I haven't 'cause I stopped drinking before I could afford a car but I know a lot of my friends have at one time or another. And hey, it's not because you're not drunk that you aren't under the influence of alcohol.

Not saying that DUI is responsible in any way. If you do so, you should be punished. But it's not because you don't get caught that you're innocent.
gnr2k6
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »

if they thought for one second scott would be arrested then they wouldnt announce shows in a different country as he wouldnt get a visa...use ur brains
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »

Hey guys, what ever happend to innocent 'till proven guilty?

Unfortunately Scott has a history of these type of offenses/issues and will
always be deemed "guilty" until proven innocent in the court of public opinion.

Is it fair? 

Probably not.

Is it a realistic assumption based on prior actions?

Absolutely.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »

Just curious, are you one of those people who think that methadone maintenance clinics should be closed, or was that some kind of derogative statement born of ignorance?
although they are a form a legal heroin and its a pretty ridiculous unregulated industry

You just proved your ignorance. Methadone Maintenance is one of the most heavily regulated institutions in the country. It's rigidity is comparable to a Parole Office.

and "legal heroin", what the hell does that mean. Heroin is an organic compound; methadone is synthetic. I am assuming your argument is that all prescribed opiates are "legal heroin".

Once again, your ignorance of methadone maintenance is apparent. Maintenance clinics have given many the ability to return to a productive life.

I have a lot of experience with methadone, and actually a friends girlfriend died of a methadone overdose.

I have a suspicion that that is the extent of your experience. The vast majority of fatalities associated with methadone are the result of Dolophine overdose that has been diverted from the original holder of the prescription. Dolophine is prescribed by healthcare providers for pain relief, not methadone clinics.

Wow that last part is completely incorrect. Eventually one can build up a tolerance to methadone, and at that point it may not be sedating and intoxicating, but Methadone is definately a powerful narcotic, a sedative, an opiate. It is a legal form of heroin basically. This is coming from someone with a lot of personal "experience"

Once ones dose is stabilized, there are no side effects. Usually takes about a month for it to happen.
first of all, how is this for "unregulated". Several years ago when I decided to go on methadone maint. I found a clinic here in Arizona. ALL I had to do was show up for intake at 4AM with $70 and someone who could "verify" I had a one year opiate addiction. All they did is ask my friend if this was true and he said yes. I could have brought in a transient off the street, and still would have been dosed that day. Second, the nurses who dose you each day will bump your dose 10mg per day based on your word that the dose was not strong enough. Because of this, someone who needs 30-40mg, can easily get over 100mg in about a week and be nodding out all over the place fucked up. As rigid as a parole office? Get real. By legal heroin, which was the wrong term to use, I meant people who are tired of copping heroin, they can get high legally by getting on methadone. Once you develop a tolerance, you just tell them to bump up your dose. They always did for me. As far as returning to a normal life, that may be true to an extent, but its taking the easy way out, IMO. BTW the "extent" of my experience with methadone? I was on it for several years, detoxed cold turkey, eventually got on it for another 2 years, detoxed with suboxone, and have been clean now for about 2 years. All of my 5 or 6 friends who descended into heroin addiction are now on methadone or dead. One gave his girlfriend some of his dose and she died. Anyways, Im rambling, but all my opinions are based upon my own experience. I think methadone maint is terrible for the most part
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2008, 03:51:50 PM »

^ These things never cease to amaze me.? Undecided

I can't even get the doctors (well, some of them) to renew my prescription for benzos, I wonder what they'd be like if it was about something more serious.

I guess it kinda depends on where you live too...

*edit*

I guess the nurses there don't have much choice. And as long as no-one has the money or the resources to build a better clinic, people will keep going there for a methadone "fix". (If it really does fuck you up.) I don't really know what to think about it, except that they should stop building those goddamn sports stadiums and put the money somewhere where it's NEEDED instead.? Angry
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:06:03 PM by Razzberry » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2008, 11:17:29 PM »

first of all, how is this for "unregulated". Several years ago when I decided to go on methadone maint. I found a clinic here in Arizona. ALL I had to do was show up for intake at 4AM with $70 and someone who could "verify" I had a one year opiate addiction. All they did is ask my friend if this was true and he said yes. I could have brought in a transient off the street, and still would have been dosed that day. Second, the nurses who dose you each day will bump your dose 10mg per day based on your word that the dose was not strong enough. Because of this, someone who needs 30-40mg, can easily get over 100mg in about a week and be nodding out all over the place fucked up. As rigid as a parole office? Get real. By legal heroin, which was the wrong term to use, I meant people who are tired of copping heroin, they can get high legally by getting on methadone. Once you develop a tolerance, you just tell them to bump up your dose. They always did for me. As far as returning to a normal life, that may be true to an extent, but its taking the easy way out, IMO. BTW the "extent" of my experience with methadone? I was on it for several years, detoxed cold turkey, eventually got on it for another 2 years, detoxed with suboxone, and have been clean now for about 2 years. All of my 5 or 6 friends who descended into heroin addiction are now on methadone or dead. One gave his girlfriend some of his dose and she died. Anyways, Im rambling, but all my opinions are based upon my own experience. I think methadone maint is terrible for the most part

This isn't the place for this discussion. Look for my response in the Jungle.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »

So Scott's court date is tomorrow....

Weiland is expected to appear in a Los Angeles courtroom on Thursday (January 17th), where his recent DUI case will be continued. The singer was charged with driving under the influence of drugs after being pulled over by police in late November.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2008, 12:01:27 AM »

Will be interesting to see what happens!!  If he goes to jail, my ticket better be refunded!   hihi
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »

So has there been any news on what happend with Scott Woefuls court appearance?

I wanna know if he needs his soap on a rope or whether he is fine to continue with their scheduled tour dates?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2008, 12:09:58 AM »

Will be interesting to see what happens!!  If he goes to jail, my ticket better be refunded!   hihi

It is nothing more than the continuation of the preliminary. He probably won't even be present. This thing won't get resolved until the summer the earliest.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »

Hey, thanks!  And just how do YOU know so much about it?  Been there, done that, huh?   Wink
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »

I know that system inside an out ...

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »

So what happened with Scott in court?? peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

The Dubai show is March 8th...this from E! News:

Weiland's rehab stint comes after the 40-year-old was arrested in November for driving under the influence of drugs after running his Mercedes into another vehicle on a Los Angeles freeway. If convicted in that case, Weiland could face between eight days and a year in county jail and a $1,000 fine. The next hearing in that case is set for Mar. 3.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=9f0fbde5-1db9-4aa4-97c1-2a48ca3f1d42&entry=index

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2008, 04:06:06 PM »

In the past it looks like Scott used Proposition 36 to avoid jail time.  But now I don't think that will work, they have since changed the law.

This from his Rolling Stone July 2003 interview:

Scott, what's in store for you when you go to court July 11th?

Weiland: California has this thing called Proposition 36, and thank God for it! It says that people who are drug users and have been arrested for the possession of drugs -- whether they're innocent or proven guilty, which is yet to be seen -- have that opportunity to have some form of treatment.

So you're just facing another stint in rehab, not jail?

Weiland: I really can't speak about that at all.

May 28, 2004

Court: Drug DUIs must bring jail time

SAN FRANCISCO - In a decision that could have a substantial impact on California's Proposition 36, the state Supreme Court ruled Thursday that people convicted of driving under the influence of drugs must go to jail and not into treatment programs.

Citing the danger to the public from drugged drivers, among other reasons, the justices unanimously interpreted the initiative - which prescribes treatment and forbids incarceration for first-and second-time nonviolent offenses "related to the use of drugs" - to exclude DUI.

http://dwb.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/9453503p-10377525c.html

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2008, 06:28:59 PM »

I'm a fan of Scott's, but I actually think he needs to do some jail time for his own good.   He's had more than enough opportunities and at some point you have to lay down the law.  He can get whatever he needs straightened out in jail, instead of some posh rehab where he will just get out to possibly fuck up agian, with worse consequenses.   I'm glad he checked into rehab instead of just trying to fight the system, but now I don't see how he can plead not guilty now. 

I'm saying this because the same thing happened to that actor Brad Renfro who died about a month ago.  More or less the same thing, he had drug problems, got arrested a few times, finally got caught buying heroin... and instead of putting him in jail, he just had to do rehab.   He got out and relapsed, and he overdosed and died because of it.   These ppl need to ask themselves if it is worth going to JAIL for, not is it worth going to rehab for.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »

I'm a fan of Scott's, but I actually think he needs to do some jail time for his own good.   He's had more than enough opportunities and at some point you have to lay down the law.  He can get whatever he needs straightened out in jail, instead of some posh rehab where he will just get out to possibly fuck up agian, with worse consequenses.   I'm glad he checked into rehab instead of just trying to fight the system, but now I don't see how he can plead not guilty now. 

I'm saying this because the same thing happened to that actor Brad Renfro who died about a month ago.  More or less the same thing, he had drug problems, got arrested a few times, finally got caught buying heroin... and instead of putting him in jail, he just had to do rehab.   He got out and relapsed, and he overdosed and died because of it.   These ppl need to ask themselves if it is worth going to JAIL for, not is it worth going to rehab for.

Scott has done jail time by the way
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »

He can get whatever he needs straightened out in jail,

There are no treatment options in jail

I'm saying this because the same thing happened to that actor Brad Renfro ... got arrested a few times, finally got caught buying heroin... and instead of putting him in jail, he just had to do rehab.   He got out and relapsed, and he overdosed and died because of it.   

That is a red herring. One has nothing to do with the other.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: