Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62429 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »

He can get whatever he needs straightened out in jail,

There are no treatment options in jail

I'm saying this because the same thing happened to that actor Brad Renfro ... got arrested a few times, finally got caught buying heroin... and instead of putting him in jail, he just had to do rehab.   He got out and relapsed, and he overdosed and died because of it.   

That is a red herring. One has nothing to do with the other.

Actually, you're very wrong about that.  Many jails have theraputic community sections designed to help addicts. Drug and alcohol counselors are available, group sessions and many many more options.  It's all in whether Scott chooses to pursue and benefit from it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

Actually, you're very wrong about that.  Many jails have theraputic community sections designed to help addicts. Drug and alcohol counselors are available, group sessions and many many more options.  It's all in whether Scott chooses to pursue and benefit from it.

I should have "said" limited options ... at least in the US.

I can give examples of people dying horrible, excruciating, deaths from detoxification while incarcerated; That ain't treatment, but that is what they got.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »

I'm glad he checked into rehab instead of just trying to fight the system, but now I don't see how he can plead not guilty now. 

That's an interesting point.

I'm sure having completed rehab before his next court date will not hurt his case. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2008, 08:24:40 PM »

I'm glad he checked into rehab instead of just trying to fight the system, but now I don't see how he can plead not guilty now. 

I'm sure having completed rehab before his next court date will not hurt his case. Wink

That, and most doctors would fight "tooth and nail" before they violate patient privileges. It would never be admissible.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2008, 10:50:16 PM »

That, and most doctors would fight "tooth and nail" before they violate patient privileges. It would never be admissible.

But would they need the doctor to bring it in?  What is the admissibility of a press release...or is that heresay? Cheesy

Yes, if he is pleading not guilty.

But if he pleads guilty or no contest wouldn't he use it to his advantage?

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2008, 10:57:08 PM »

But would they need the doctor to bring it in?  What is the admissibility of a press release...or is that heresay? Cheesy

Yes, if he is pleading not guilty.

But if he pleads guilty or no contest wouldn't he use it to his advantage?

Of course he could, but that would be left to the sentencing part of the trial if a no contest; if guilty, I doubt it would matter. As the courts have guide lines they must follow ... I think.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2008, 02:28:03 PM »

Scott Weiland Out of Rehab

Posted Mar 3rd 2008 1:35PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ was in an L.A. County Courthouse this morning as Scott Weiland's attorney told us the troubled rocker has just finished a stint in rehab.

Weiland's attorney, Tony Brooklier, says the former STP-er has completed 28 days in a treatment facility and is "doing well."

Weiland was arrested last November and booked for driving under the influence of a drug.

His next court date is Wednesday the 5th.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/03/scott-weiland-out-of-rehab/

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

Scott Weiland Out of Rehab

Posted Mar 3rd 2008 1:35PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ was in an L.A. County Courthouse this morning as Scott Weiland's attorney told us the troubled rocker has just finished a stint in rehab.

Weiland's attorney, Tony Brooklier, says the former STP-er has completed 28 days in a treatment facility and is "doing well."

Weiland was arrested last November and booked for driving under the influence of a drug.

His next court date is Wednesday the 5th.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/03/scott-weiland-out-of-rehab/

Expect a press release soon with direct statements by Scott saying " I am a new man now, I learned, I am clean, will never touch it again because now I do KungFu ShwenShu on a mountain in Tibet  blablabla" like he did a dozen times before ....

This signature is very funny.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »

Rocker Scott Weiland pleads innocent in drug case

Wed Mar 5, 2008 6:04pm EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. rocker Scott Weiland pleaded innocent on Wednesday to driving under the influence of drugs, a charge stemming from his November arrest on a Los Angeles freeway onramp.

The 40-year-old singer for the band Velvet Revolver was not in court but entered his plea to the misdemeanor charge through a defense attorney.

Weiland is free on $40,000 bail and was due back in court for a pretrial hearing on April 4.

If convicted he faces up to one year in jail because he has a prior conviction for driving under the influence, a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office said.

Weiland, who first gained fame as lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots, was stopped by police on November 21 while driving onto the Hollywood Freeway. He was taken into custody after refusing to take a sobriety test.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idCAN0563339620080305

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: