Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62578 times)
isa
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2007, 06:36:31 PM »

I don't know If I'm surprised or not
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »

Last I checked this was rock n roll right?

So who gives a fuck if a rockstar falls off the wagon? He isnt the first and sure as fuck won't be the last.

U guys are making it out like a catholic priest raped another child.

I find it amazing that this happened two weeks ago and people are just now finding out.

Have VR fallen so far that no one even gives a shit?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »

Did you see how their album sold despite having a couple of high charting singles?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »

Perhas that New Years NYC show will be a full blown GNR Reunion...Personally I've grown quite attached to the B-Foot version of GN'R..

i actually was thnking the same thing...conspiracy theories are always around the band...

Yes, you conspiracy theorists are always around the band seeing signs in everything.

So who gives a fuck if a rockstar falls off the wagon? He isnt the first and sure as fuck won't be the last.

Tell that to the Australian fans...

And everybody else affected by this. Including his family.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »

1) Weiland needs serious help.

2) VR? Stick a fork in 'em. They're done.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »

Full MTV article here:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1575643/20071203/velvet_revolver.jhtml

Sad news for both Weiland and his family.  I'm far from a big VR fan, but I hope the worst is over for all affected.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2007, 07:56:20 PM »

It's obviously drugs because there is no mention of them wanting to do a breathalyzer, only blood and urine tests which wouldn't be needed if it was suspected to be booze. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he has to serve some time being that he has multiple similar convictions and yeah, he probably cannot leave the state at least until his next court appearance. 

Guess we know what the "mystery illness" is now.

Frankly, this is really sad for the REST of the band, not to mention the fans who paid good money to see them.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2007, 07:58:05 PM »

I find it amazing that this happened two weeks ago and people are just now finding out.

People die all the time because some selfish asshole decides to get behind the wheel while under the influence. ?That's why people are upset. ?He may not be the first or last rockstar, or more accurately, fucking moron, to do this, but that doesn't mean it is anything to dismiss.

Sorry, I have very strong feelings about what driving under the influence can do.

Ali
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »

Would it be "rock n roll" if he collided into a car with small children in it while under the influence?

Hey, I have no problem with people doing what they want in their own home or not behind the wheel, if they want to kill themselves by being stupid that is their prerogative.  When you take it to the road then I have to take issue with that. 
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2007, 08:12:56 PM »

This was a publicity stunt to get his name back in the press.  He got caught on purpose.  Rock n Roll bad boy image is much better marketing tool than his sober boring famly man persona.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2007, 08:21:21 PM »

Velvet Re-haber
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2007, 08:25:51 PM »

See now this fucks up VR  no

I'm not a fan, only because this guy was chosen as the singer.... What did the guys expect when they hired him.... Mabye they'll hire a better singer now
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2007, 08:29:08 PM »

If I'm reading this right, looks like he did hit another car, and spend the night in jail...

From E! News

Five days later, on the night before Thanksgiving, Weiland's 2006 Mercedes CLS tagged a 2005 Chrysler Sebring on an offramp of the northbound 170 Freeway at 6:18 p.m. on Nov. 21, according to the California Highway Patrol. There were no injuries; the cause of the crash is still under investigation, CHP Officer Leon Hines said.

As authorities combed the scene, according to the CHP, Weiland "exhibited signs of impairment."

"The investigating officer administered a series of field sobriety tests to the driver [Weiland], which he was unable to satisfactorily perform," the CHP arrest report said.

Weiland was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of an unspecified drug about an hour and a half after the accident. He was booked later that night at an L.A. County jail, where the CHP said he declined an invite to provide a blood or urine sample.

With bail set at $40,000, Weiland was sprung at noon on Thanksgiving Day, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department online records show.

There was no immediate comment Monday from Velvet Revolver's camp.

Complete article here: http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=0d9eb13d-c651-439d-a2c0-7e6375be23a9

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »

This was a publicity stunt to get his name back in the press.? He got caught on purpose.? Rock n Roll bad boy image is much better marketing tool than his sober boring famly man persona.

That maybe the goofiest thing I've ever read on this forum... Roll Eyes

"Illness" in the band...I mean c'mon, is anyone with any sense whatsoever surprised?

As I've said a bazillion times, when addiction is involved all bets are off.

Be thankful nobody (including himself) got killed.

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:21 PM »

This was a publicity stunt to get his name back in the press.? He got caught on purpose.? Rock n Roll bad boy image is much better marketing tool than his sober boring famly man persona.

Uhh getting arrested for drugs and being forced to cancel gigs because of it and pissing off your fans is hardly a publicity stunt.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »

He always gets in trouble with drugs every 3 or 4 years or so. Since the last time was 2003, guess it was time for him to fuck up again....
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »

thank gawd he didn't kill himself an anybody else.

THe man needs to get some help. If not for himself then for his kids.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »

From MTV: On Monday, the singer's management issued a statement saying, "Scott Weiland was recently involved in a minor accident in Los Angeles and denies he was driving under the influence. He voluntarily took a Breathalyzer test, which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit. He is anxious to get to court on December 13 and clear this matter up."

Oddly enough, the police report says: "While the police were investigating the traffic collision, Weiland exhibited signs of impairment," and "The investigation officer administered a series of field sobriety tests to the driver, which he was unable to satisfactorily perform."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2007, 09:23:49 PM »

Seems a bit contradictory.  A breathalyzer will do nothing if it's drugs anyway.  I am pretty sure the penalty is harsher if you refuse tests, at least it is here in NY.  Not sure he will be able to "clear things up" that easily. 
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

in california you have a choice between a breathalyzer and a blood/urine test last time I checked

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: