Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62597 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »

Seems a bit contradictory.? A breathalyzer will do nothing if it's drugs anyway.? I am pretty sure the penalty is harsher if you refuse tests, at least it is here in NY.? Not sure he will be able to "clear things up" that easily.?

its a pr statement...what do you expect! "mr weiland was driving fucked out of his mind and hit a car. we believe hes innocent!" Tongue
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »

This is the last time I will say it... I promise...  HE DID IT ON PURPOSE!!!

Just like the time Kimberly from Diff'rent Strokes robbed the video store!!!  Bad publicity is GOOD publicity when nobody cares about you anymore...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »

I wonder why, when the accident (from the police report) happened at 6:18 he wasn't arrested until 7:50?  If he exhibited signs of impairment and failed the field sobriety test...why wasn't he arrested then?

From mtv

Weiland was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of an unspecified drug about an hour and a half after the accident.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2007, 10:15:47 PM »

I think it was drugs rather than alcohol.

40,000 for bail?  no

The police report says driving under the influence of a drug.. I wonder if it was an actual drug, or if the police consider alcohol a drug too.

I'm sure the recent death of his brother is not making sobriety any easier for him.

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2007, 10:19:47 PM »

40,000 for bail?? no

The police report says driving under the influence of a drug.. I wonder if it was an actual drug, or if the police consider alcohol a drug too.

I'm sure the recent death of his brother is not making sobriety any easier for him.

If it was alcohol it would say as much.  They say drug because they probably don't know what one it was. 
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »

40,000 for bail?? no

Alcohol IS a drug.  A drug you shouldn't be taking while driving.  Hence the upcoming jail sentence.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2007, 10:30:01 PM »

Last I checked this was rock n roll right?

So who gives a fuck if a rockstar falls off the wagon? He isnt the first and sure as fuck won't be the last.

U guys are making it out like a catholic priest raped another child.

its not about falling off the wagon.  its about getting behind the wheel of a car and driving when you are under the influence.   its one of the stupidest things someone can do and good innocent people die everyday because of this.   
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »

40,000 for bail?  no

Alcohol IS a drug.  A drug you shouldn't be taking while driving.  Hence the upcoming jail sentence.

I meant that if they caught you under the influence of alcohol, would they just put "alcohol" or a "drug" on the police report.

If people want to fuck up their own lives with drugs and alcohol, that's their business... but when you bring it outside like that, and put innocent people in harm's way because of your problem, that makes you a douchebag. My good friend died at 16 because of some drunk asshole lady that probably though she could drive because she was "rock and roll".  Last I checked, rock isn't about killing people because you can't control yourself.

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »

40,000 for bail?? no

Alcohol IS a drug.? A drug you shouldn't be taking while driving.? Hence the upcoming jail sentence.

Yes, it is a drug but under the laws of the state of California it is considered a separate offense. ?He is charged with DUI related to being under the influence of a drug (meaning one that is not alcohol). ?Obviously this is why he refused the blood/urine test.

http://www.california-drunkdriving.org/laws.html

Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:57 PM »

You people turn my stomach.  There is NOTHING 'rock n roll' about driving wasted.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »

its not about falling off the wagon.? its about getting behind the wheel of a car and driving when you are under the influence.? ?its one of the stupidest things someone can do and good innocent people die everyday because of this.? ?

Very good point.?

And last time I checked, in regard to other speculation, alcohol is considered a drug, these days.? I'm sure if it were more, we would already have heard that.? Either way, he's potentially fucked.? Although money & good lawyers can be a very good thing.? ?
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2007, 11:27:44 PM »

I think if it was alcohol, his PR people would have admitted that.  It would be easier to say you drank too much at a Xmas party rather, than you failed at kicking drugs....again....especially after you've been so vocal about it.

I think VR is toast.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2007, 11:29:24 PM »

Damnit to hell Scott!! ?So now he is the effing reason alone for no Aussie tour. ?How selfish. ?And i know the other guys aren't saints. ?But he is affecting their pocket book as well. ?

Time to use this as an excuse to end band and find new singer that wants to rock.

Time for Scott to cure his problems. ?Like I said, he was hammered in Birmingham show back in October. ?This is not new. ?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2007, 11:34:54 PM »

Damnit to hell Scott!! ?So now he is the effing reason alone for no Aussie tour. ?How selfish. ?And i know the other guys aren't saints. ?But he is affecting their pocket book as well. ?

Time to use this as an excuse to end band and find new singer that wants to rock.

Time for Scott to cure his problems. ?Like I said, he was hammered in Birmingham show back in October. ?This is not new. ?

I don't know.? No matter who you are, addiction is hard to overcome.? It's not necessarily selfishness or even weakness.? I think that the addiction, to whatever, can take precedence over everything - job, family, self.? Can't be an easy road.? ? ?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2007, 11:38:02 PM »

I know its tough.  But damnit, they are out to get you in LA.

If Paris went to jail over her shit, he should be there for a couple months if guilty.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2007, 11:42:43 PM »

Damnit to hell Scott!!  So now he is the effing reason alone for no Aussie tour.  How selfish.  And i know the other guys aren't saints.  But he is affecting their pocket book as well.   

The other guys knew what they were getting into when Scott joined the band.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2007, 11:45:13 PM »

It is tough, addiction that is.

But, at a certain point, when you can jeopardize so much, you have to think of the bigger picture. ?When you don't think of bigger picture, the larger consequences or ramifications and instead make a conscious decision to use, and bear that in mind that it is a conscious decision to use, then it is selfish.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2007, 11:47:35 PM »

Who could they get, though?  Josh Todd has no reason to want to play with them, especially considering he wasn't exactly happy with how he was cut loose.  There is no way Baz would work with them.  He has no reason to either after his kickass new record came out.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »

I just hate how everyone jumps to conclusions and already convicts the guy.

Maybe he had some sort of trouble with a prescription drug he was on and maybe he mixed it with an over the counter cold medicine and it fucked him up

U never know......

I love how people can speculate about Scott and say whatever when they don't know all the facts. That to me is bullshit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2007, 12:40:29 AM »

I just hate how everyone jumps to conclusions and already convicts the guy.

Maybe he had some sort of trouble with a prescription drug he was on and maybe he mixed it with an over the counter cold medicine and it fucked him up

U never know......

I love how people can speculate about Scott and say whatever when they don't know all the facts. That to me is bullshit.

The bottom line is driving under the influence is not o.k. no matter what, prescription drug (which is highly unlikely) or illegal drug or alcohol.

Failing a field sobriety test, while it may not be definitive proof, is more than not a good indicator of someone's sobriety or lack thereof.

Ali

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: