Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62506 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 01:27:11 AM »

Maybe he had some sort of trouble with a prescription drug he was on and maybe he mixed it with an over the counter cold medicine and it fucked him up

But do you think that he would refuse to take a blood or urine test if that were the case?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2007, 01:41:12 AM »

It doesnt look good, but still we should wait for all the facts.

maybe Scott just felt like being a pain in the ass.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 01:44:52 AM »

This from AP

Weiland's publicist said in a statement that Weiland was involved in a "minor accident," but denies he was driving under the influence.

"Scott was not driving under the influence of a drug, legal or illegal," Kristine Ashton-Magnuson said. "He voluntarily took a breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit."

"He is anxious to get to court ... and clear this matter up," she said.

The statement doesn't specify whether Weiland denies driving under the influence of drugs or of alcohol.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iBZ8bW71cstdOVS7uoVw6e17aqCgD8TAF5881

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 01:47:51 AM »

This from AP

Weiland's publicist said in a statement that Weiland was involved in a "minor accident," but denies he was driving under the influence.

"Scott was not driving under the influence of a drug, legal or illegal," Kristine Ashton-Magnuson said. "He voluntarily took a breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit."

The statement doesn't specify whether Weiland denies driving under the influence of drugs or of alcohol.

Of course they are going to say that.

If he was not under the influence of something, then why and how would he fail a field sobriety test?

Ali
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 01:49:57 AM »

Damnit to hell Scott!!  So now he is the effing reason alone for no Aussie tour.  How selfish.  And i know the other guys aren't saints.  But he is affecting their pocket book as well. 

Time to use this as an excuse to end band and find new singer that wants to rock.

Time for Scott to cure his problems.  Like I said, he was hammered in Birmingham show back in October.  This is not new. 

Who could they get, though?  Josh Todd has no reason to want to play with them, especially considering he wasn't exactly happy with how he was cut loose.  There is no way Baz would work with them.  He has no reason to either after his kickass new record came out.

Ali

THe Filter dude could use a job.....

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 01:53:00 AM »

Shame it appears he can't keep his shit together.  Shame for the fans and the rest of VR.....

You don't usually refuse a blood and urine test unless you have something to hide.

I fall to pieces, I'm falling
Fell to pieces and I'm still falling
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2007, 01:55:34 AM »

Shame it appears he can't keep his shit together.  Shame for the fans and the rest of VR.....

And a shame for him and his Family.Which too me is the biggest shame.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2007, 02:00:22 AM »

This from AP

Of course they are going to say that.

If he was not under the influence of something, then why and how would he fail a field sobriety test?

Ali

It's an interesting position for them to take.  It really only leaves that he was arrested for no reason whatsoever? Huh 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:52:04 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2007, 02:01:33 AM »

Shame it appears he can't keep his shit together.? Shame for the fans and the rest of VR.....

And a shame for him and his Family.Which too me is the biggest shame.

Yeah true - the family is usually the one that gets hurt the most, and unfortunately there is nothing much they can do. 
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2007, 02:57:41 AM »

I'm sorry but Driving Under Influence, does it mean alcohol or drugs, or any substance ? I'm not familiar with the term and its meaning.

If he was drunk, thank God he didn't kill or hurt nobody, but that's not so bad to me. Can you swear you never drove after a few shots ? I know I can't (and I know it's not responsible).

But if he was under drugs, then it sucks big time for his band. And I can see VR's death from here.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2007, 03:05:03 AM »

I'm sorry but Driving Under Influence, does it mean alcohol or drugs, or any substance ? I'm not familiar with the term and its meaning.

If he was drunk, thank God he didn't kill or hurt nobody, but that's not so bad to me. Can you swear you never drove after a few shots ? I know I can't (and I know it's not responsible).

But if he was under drugs, then it sucks big time for his band. And I can see VR's death from here.
I'm pretty sure DUI is when you're drunk... maybe either or... but usually it's used when people are drunk...

but in his case, apparently AT FIRST he was under the influence of a drug AND alcohol, but now they seem to be denying it...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2007, 04:14:53 AM »

This from AP

Yeah...right. so basically they totally arrested him for nothing? they don't just make stuff up so they can get you arrested. if he was 'so anxious to clear things up', seeing as he was not under the influence of drugs or whatever, then why did he refuse to take a blood or urine test? he could've proved it right away.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2007, 04:18:37 AM »

This from AP

Yeah...right. so basically they totally arrested him for nothing? they don't just make stuff up so they can get you arrested. if he was 'so anxious to clear things up', seeing as he was not under the influence of drugs or whatever, then why did he refuse to take a blood or urine test? he could've proved it right away.
I'm sure they'd reply with something along the lines of "oh! the meds he's on made him say that!" or something retarded...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2007, 04:35:51 AM »

not trying to defend Scott but police can be very ugly at points telling people "they failed those tests" (even if they didnt) just to fuck with you. and when being totally clean i basically would refuse blood and urin tests aswell as that procedure is just some time consuming?and the police and me shouldnt waste that time and money. off course they have the last word.
and lets not forget Scott being some little famous could be pure $$$ for the state as the 40.000$ proves.

Re-Union time, baby!!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2007, 05:32:55 AM »

I don't mind people doing drugs at all. We know everyone within gn'r and velvet revolver, past or present does them or at least has done them. Personally i think every single one still gets high off of something till this day, except bumble maybe ?hihi. Thats just my personal opinion tho.

What i don't understand tho is, WHY DO YOU DRIVE YOUR FUCKIN' CAR at the same time? How stupid is that? Couldn't he just take a fuckin' cab? I mean, c'mon... Wake up already...

I hope he gets out of it tho, i'd hate to see this band fall to pieces because of a stupid fuckin' thing like this... no

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »

Yeah...right. so basically they totally arrested him for nothing? they don't just make stuff up so they can get you arrested.

Police are notorious for "making stuff up". They also are prone to perjuring themselves to make sure the arrest stands. As regards field sobriety test, I couldn't pass one "stone cold sober" if I didn't know what they are looking for ... they are kind of deceptive.

He won't serve over a week or two in jail for a "second? DUI", maybe a month. Your record is wiped clean every 5 years, and he was near that ... that will mitigate it somewhat, and he was not on probation anymore.

The DUI law were changd a few years ago to change "driving while intoxicated(DWI) to driving under the influence(DUI) to reflect changes in arrest that were being seen in the system.

Could you be on tour abroad (for example in Australia) if you have to be back in court on December 13th?

That is his preliminary hearing; he probably doesn't even have to be there. Hs attorney can enter a plea for him. Too, he can petition the court to allow him to travel. Judges usually allow travel for work. He can travel anywhere in the US with no restrictions.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:21:05 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2007, 09:57:32 AM »

Maybe he had some sort of trouble with a prescription drug he was on and maybe he mixed it with an over the counter cold medicine and it fucked him up

But do you think that he would refuse to take a blood or urine test if that were the case?

In most places, they can also charge you with possession of whatever drug you fail a blood or urine test for.  He shouldn't have been driving under the influence, but there's no point in playing into their hands and racking up the charges.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2007, 10:35:11 AM »

I'm pretty sure DUI is when you're drunk... maybe either or... but usually it's used when people are drunk...

but in his case, apparently AT FIRST he was under the influence of a drug AND alcohol, but now they seem to be denying it...

I explained this a few pages ago.? In California you can be charged with DUI (drugs) or DUI (alcohol).? If he passed a breathalyzer he is being charged with drugs.? While alcohol IS considered a drug in most states in the US and California they are still considered different crimes.?

Under the Influence (DUI) is just a broad term and is used when they don't know exactly what drug is was since he refused the blood and urine test.?

In most states if you refuse a test like this the penalty is much more harsh if convicted.?

Edit:

I checked the police report which someone posted on the 1st page of this thread and he is being charged with 23152.  (a) which is drugs because 23152.  (b) is driving over the legal limit of alcohol. 

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23152.htm
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 10:42:40 AM by Bandita » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »

actions like this clearly affect more than just the person primarily involved. we dont know the full story or facts, but thank god there were no injuries. i too am strongly against people driving when they are under the influence and this is just damn sad. Sad for scott, sad for VR, sad for the fans. We shall see.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »

I explained this a few pages ago.? In California you can be charged with DUI (drugs) or DUI (alcohol).? If he passed a breathalyzer he is being charged with drugs.? While alcohol IS considered a drug in most states in the US and California they are still considered different crimes.?

Under the Influence (DUI) is just a broad term and is used when they don't know exactly what drug is was since he refused the blood and urine test.?

In most states if you refuse a test like this the penalty is much more harsh if convicted.?

Edit:

I checked the police report which someone posted on the 1st page of this thread and he is being charged with 23152. (a) which is drugs because 23152. (b) is driving over the legal limit of alcohol.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23152.htm

I don't live in Ca, but after reading the law there it looks to me like Sec. (a) address' the qualitative actions of the offender; while Sec (b) address' the quanatative aspects of the offence. ie. (a) is the person under the influence of something, and (b) if it is alchohol, it has to be over .08 to qualify as a violation of the statue.

In most states, one can drive with less than .08 BAC and not be charged with DUI; generally if the BAC is over .02, but less than .08, and the offender is not a juvenile, the offense then becomes "wreckless driving".
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:19:43 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: