Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 62045 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2007, 07:23:50 PM »

Do all those people you mentioned get arrested repeatedly or is it just Scott?

This isn't his first time.....

/jarmo

i work with a guy who has 3

Hell, I've had two. They were both 20 years ago, and I would never drive drunk today, but when ?was in school, ?I used to drive drunk every night ... a lot of times after knocking off a liter or more of liquor. I have also had a few accidents, but never when I was drunk.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2007, 07:34:53 PM »

Prosecutor:   "Your honor, I would like to display Evidence 1A: The album titled Contraband, a song called Superhuman, lyrics and vocals by Scott Weiland..."  (inserts CD)

"...gETTin' Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
CrASHin' caaaaaaaaaars
and mAKin' mistaaaaaakes..."

Your honor, I rest my case.
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2007, 09:58:51 PM »

Do all those people you mentioned get arrested repeatedly or is it just Scott?

This isn't his first time.....

/jarmo

i work with a guy who has 3

Hell, I've had two. They were both 20 years ago, and I would never drive drunk today, but when  was in school,  I used to drive drunk every night ... a lot of times after knocking off a liter or more of liquor. I have also had a few accidents, but never when I was drunk.
There's a guy I know, and he drinks CONSTANTLY... I don't even know how he gets this alcohol... he has no job or money, but drives drunk ALL the time, and seems to do it well, apparently...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2007, 10:45:56 PM »

MOST of you people here are crazy for saying that DUI is such a terrible "crime".  I'm not saying that it is good but....

1.4 million people were arrested for DUI in the United States in 2004

source:  http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/TSF2005/810616.pdf

Now, only a small percentage of people who drink & drive actually get arrested for it. 

People who get DUI are
Grandmothers , Grandfathers, everyday housemoms & fathers, teachers, even police officers and politicians. 
POINT  Everyday people get DUI, people just like YOU!   DUI is not a felony!

Velvet Revolver booked the 2 new years gigs after Scotts arrest, so what does that say to you?   VR is alive and well.  This may be a bump in the road, but not a big one.

Point aside, R&R is a dangerous lifestyle.

R&R is awesome fucking music, being a reckless moron leads to a dangerous lifestyle. They are a completely different entity.

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
guns_n_motley
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2007, 10:50:02 PM »

MOST of you people here are crazy for saying that DUI is such a terrible "crime".? I'm not saying that it is good but....

1.4 million people were arrested for DUI in the United States in 2004

source:? http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/TSF2005/810616.pdf

Now, only a small percentage of people who drink & drive actually get arrested for it.?

People who get DUI are
Grandmothers , Grandfathers, everyday housemoms & fathers, teachers, even police officers and politicians.?
POINT? Everyday people get DUI, people just like YOU!? ?DUI is not a felony!

Velvet Revolver booked the 2 new years gigs after Scotts arrest, so what does that say to you?? ?VR is alive and well.? This may be a bump in the road, but not a big one.

Point aside, R&R is a dangerous lifestyle.

R&R is awesome fucking music, being a reckless moron leads to a dangerous lifestyle. They are a completely different entity.

exactly. im a fan...but the people scoffing off what he did and actually Encouraging him on some forums...is just Lame.

and it might not be the end of VR, but the ship IS sinking and its a matter of time before it goes under. poor sales of libertad, slash looking to do a solo album, scott relapsing, scott showing interest in an STP reunion..poor attended shows..duff/slash showing interest in GNR

maybe theyll surprise me and come out of this strong, make a killer 3rd cd...but idk...2007 hasnt been the best year to VR

me personally, i dont mind. as long as duff/slash/scott keep going in another band and maybe hook up with a more RNR singer to make some hard rock
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2007, 10:59:51 PM »

He recently signed a book deal to write his memoirs, I suppose this will be another chapter, lol. 

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2007, 06:18:29 AM »

You wonder where rumors gets started...this from eNews 2.0

This is the last line of the report... rofl

Weiland was set on fire by his wife, literally after a domestic fight that ended with his clothes turned into ashes and his wife released on a $50,000 bond.

http://www.enews20.com/news_Velvet_Revolvers_Singer_Weiland_Arrested_For_DUI_04186.html

fuck, i want a wife like that! That would be so exciting! I'd be a fuckin' rush just waking up in the mornig?

Wonder why the police was contcated in the first place? Usually police have better things to do... He could've easily settled this on his own...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »

This from AP

Weiland's publicist said in a statement that Weiland was involved in a "minor accident," but denies he was driving under the influence.

"Scott was not driving under the influence of a drug, legal or illegal," Kristine Ashton-Magnuson said. "He voluntarily took a breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit."

"He is anxious to get to court ... and clear this matter up," she said.

The statement doesn't specify whether Weiland denies driving under the influence of drugs or of alcohol.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iBZ8bW71cstdOVS7uoVw6e17aqCgD8TAF5881
Does drug use register in a breathalyzer?? If it was drugs (as opposed to alcohol), then wouldn't the "breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit" be a moot point and the refusal to take a blood or urine test be an admission of drug use (again, as opposed to alcohol)?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:42:58 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2007, 10:33:22 AM »

A breathalyzer (or breathalyser) is a device for estimating blood alcohol content (BAC) from a breath sample.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathalyzer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Heron Bonez
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »

The bright side of this is we no longer have to BS about Slashs autobiography, hihi
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2007, 12:51:04 PM »

If the laws in Cal. are anything like NY refusing to take a breath or blood test guarantees Scott at least one thing. Regardless of the out come of the case he'll be walking to work for the next 6 months..
The reason for the 40K bail is due to his past convictions and celeberty/financial situation.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2007, 02:32:39 PM »

This from AP

Weiland's publicist said in a statement that Weiland was involved in a "minor accident," but denies he was driving under the influence.

"Scott was not driving under the influence of a drug, legal or illegal," Kristine Ashton-Magnuson said. "He voluntarily took a breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit."

The statement doesn't specify whether Weiland denies driving under the influence of drugs or of alcohol.

Does drug use register in a breathalyzer?? If it was drugs (as opposed to alcohol), then wouldn't the "breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit" be a moot point and the refusal to take a blood or urine test be an admission of drug use (again, as opposed to alcohol)?

Totally moot.  Them stating he wasn't liquored up is going to mean nothing since he isn't being charged with driving while drunk.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »

This from AP

Does drug use register in a breathalyzer?  If it was drugs (as opposed to alcohol), then wouldn't the "breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit" be a moot point and the refusal to take a blood or urine test be an admission of drug use (again, as opposed to alcohol)?

Totally moot. Them stating he wasn't liquored up is going to mean nothing since he isn't being charged with driving while drunk.

See the relavent part that I emphasized.

23152.  (a) It is unlawful for any person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage and drug, to drive a vehicle.]/i]

(b) It is unlawful for any person who has 0.08 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to drive a vehicle.

I think you are misinterpreting the statue. Though, I could be wrong.
 Do you have a background in Law?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2007, 07:00:47 PM »

This from AP

Does drug use register in a breathalyzer?  If it was drugs (as opposed to alcohol), then wouldn't the "breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit" be a moot point and the refusal to take a blood or urine test be an admission of drug use (again, as opposed to alcohol)?

Totally moot. Them stating he wasn't liquored up is going to mean nothing since he isn't being charged with driving while drunk.

23152.  (a) It is unlawful for any person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage and drug, to drive a vehicle.]/i]

(b) It is unlawful for any person who has 0.08 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to drive a vehicle.

So was he arrested for being under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug? Or for "being under the influence of a drug?".  Because even if he passed the breathalizer, police can still choose to not release the person.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2007, 08:12:10 PM »

I'm not sure if you are addressing this reply to me but the point I was trying (obviously unsuccessfully) to make was that a breathalyzer would NOT register drugs in a person's system and the refusal to take a blood/urine test is usually considered in court as an admission of guilt for being under the influence of drugs.  So the statement by his own publicist could probably be used against him.

As for my "background in Law" ... I have been a participant in the Legal System ... just not in the way I believe you're referring to.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2007, 08:34:45 PM »

^ No, it was to Bandita. A page or two back, we were trying to interpret the statue. I think part a) is qualitataive, and part b) is quanitative. I think that the point she is trying to make, is that part a) is quantitative.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:37:58 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:09 PM »

^ No, it was to Bandita. A page or two back, we were trying to interpret the statue. I think part a) is qualitataive, and part b) is quanitative. I think that the point she is trying to make, is that part a) is quantitative.

Actually the information I gave was from some legal websites involving getting charged with DUI (drugs) in California not my own personal interpretation.

Also, it is common knowledge that when they state he is being charged with DUI (driving while under the influence of an unspecified DRUG) that it isn't alcohol or it would have been specified as such and would have registered on the breathalyzer which is why they were asking him to take a blood/urine test.? This is what makes his statement to the press moot.

If he was being charged with an alcohol crime he would have been charged with both parts A and B, that is how a DUI pertaining to alcohol is charged.

See the site below for further explanation.

http://www.duicentral.com/dui/drugs.html
Driving under the influence of drugs (DUI drugs, DUID or drugged driving), or the combined influence of alcohol and drugs, is a criminal offense in California, punishable in most cases in the same way as driving under the influence of alcohol. The relevant statute for driving under the influence of drugs is Vehicle Code section 23152a:
It is unlawful for any person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage and drug, to drive a vehicle.

There are a number of other differences between the two offenses. For example, while the most common chemical test given in most drunk driving arrests is a breath test, the chemical test given a person suspected of driving under the influence of drugs will be a blood test, although occasionally a urine test will be used; the breath test cannot detect the presence of drugs.

peace
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:13:12 PM by Bandita » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56:35 PM »

^Thanks, I'll look at more tomorrow when I have more time.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2007, 10:01:26 PM »

A sidenote: Kiefer Sutherland was sentenced to 48 days in jail in connection with his September arrest for driving under the influence (30 days for a DUI-related charge, 18 days for probation violation). He was also sentenced to five years' probation and ordered to enroll in an 18-month alcohol education class and attend weekly AA sessions for six months. And pay a fine....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2007, 10:44:24 PM »

^Thanks, I'll look at more tomorrow when I have more time.

No problem! Wink

Jarmo, Kiefer is a mess, I think that guy has been arrested more times than he can count.  He is famous for getting wasted in public and removing his pants. hihi
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: