Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland arrested for a DUI
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland arrested for a DUI  (Read 61582 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2007, 10:55:07 PM »

With new tourdates being added and Aussie dates rescheduled, it seems as the VR camp/promotors are confident Weiland won't be doing any jail time in the near future.

All speculation on my part of course...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2007, 11:13:45 PM »

^Thanks, I'll look at more tomorrow when I have more time.

No problem! Wink

Jarmo, Kiefer is a mess, I think that guy has been arrested more times than he can count.  He is famous for getting wasted in public and removing his pants. hihi

Here are his arrests:

Kiefer plead guilty in 1989 and 1993 to reckless driving charges, and in 2004 to driving with a blood alcohol level above .08 -- the legal limit in California. It's the 2004 case for which Sutherland is currently on probation.

What is interesting is that Weilands bail was $40,000 while Kiefers for his last offense was $25,000. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2007, 02:49:38 AM »

ol scotty boy should join forces with steven adler.   they would do well together.  hihi
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2007, 06:02:44 AM »

A sidenote: Kiefer Sutherland was sentenced to 48 days in jail in connection with his September arrest for driving under the influence (30 days for a DUI-related charge, 18 days for probation violation). He was also sentenced to five years' probation and ordered to enroll in an 18-month alcohol education class and attend weekly AA sessions for six months. And pay a fine....

/jarmo

I was thinking about Scott's last DUI; he probably received a suspended sentence for his jail time, or at least a good portion of it. Typically, where I'm at, one receives 30 days suspended for 5 years for a first offence. 180 days for a second offence with 173 of those days suspended.

Depending on his disposition, he could be looking at some time in jail. Of course, it has been nearly 5 years, so that will mitigate the severity somewhat.

Anyone want to try and find out how the case was disposed?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2007, 06:14:27 AM »

ol scotty boy should join forces with steven adler.? ?they would do well together.? hihi

beer beer beer

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2007, 10:08:12 AM »

A sidenote: Kiefer Sutherland was sentenced to 48 days in jail in connection with his September arrest for driving under the influence (30 days for a DUI-related charge, 18 days for probation violation). He was also sentenced to five years' probation and ordered to enroll in an 18-month alcohol education class and attend weekly AA sessions for six months. And pay a fine....

/jarmo

I was thinking about Scott's last DUI; he probably received a suspended sentence for his jail time, or at least a good portion of it. Typically, where I'm at, one receives 30 days suspended for 5 years for a first offence. 180 days for a second offence with 173 of those days suspended.

Depending on his disposition, he could be looking at some time in jail. Of course, it has been nearly 5 years, so that will mitigate the severity somewhat.

Anyone want to try and find out how the case was disposed?

If found this on the PREVIOUS ARREST...

Thu. July 08. 2004 5:35 PM EDT

Nearly eight months after his arrest for driving under the influence of drugs, Scott Weiland was sentenced Thursday in a Los Angeles court to three years' probation, during which he'll be treated for his drug problem.

Weiland had pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor charge earlier this week, which stemmed from his arrest on his 36th birthday, October 27th (see "Scott Weiland Involved In Car Crash; Arrested For DUI"). The Velvet Revolver singer's BMW struck a parked van, and as part of his sentencing, he was ordered to pay restitution to the owner of the parked vehicle, in addition to a $390 fine.

Under the terms of Weiland's latest probation, he'll be required to enroll in a six-month drug-treatment program and attend three Narcotics Anonymous meetings per week for the next three years. Weiland will also be required to submit to regular drug testing, as well as periodic drug testing at the discretion of the police (with or without probable cause), according to the city attorney's office. During this probation, Weiland is prohibited from being in the possession of, or under the influence of, both alcohol and drugs.

A week before this most recent arrest, Weiland had been congratulated for staying clean by a judge overseeing his probation from two felony charges of possession of heroin and cocaine. Upon hearing of the DUI arrest, that judge determined the latest charge was a violation of Weiland's probation and revoked the singer's freedom, ordering him into detox (see "Scott Weiland To Enter Rehab Immediately, By Order Of Judge"). The lockdown aspect of his rehab was later amended, and he will have completed the terms of his sober-living program under that probation by the end of this month, at which point he was scheduled to have six more months of after-care counseling and testing.

There's no word yet if Weiland's new probation will affect his current one, but the city attorney's office anticipates that they'll run concurrently. That matter will likely be decided at the singer's next probation status report hearing, scheduled for July 30.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2007, 10:23:07 AM »

ol scotty boy should join forces with steven adler.? ?they would do well together.? hihi

Come on now. I think Scott is doing a little better than that.  At least he can complete a tour.  Steven could fuck up a steel ball.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2007, 11:56:28 AM »

I've never understood how these people with lots of money even bother to drive themselves around when they want to get high or otherwise. Take a limo you cheap fucking dumbasses like Axl fucking does. Not that hard to do is it? Or perhaps they can't afford a limo because of all the money they've wasted on drugs??
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:12:59 PM by Crowebar » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »

Weiland Returns to the Scene of the Crime?

Two days after TMZ uncovered his arrest for DUI last month, Scott Weiland went into hiding -- by hanging out at Hyde!

TMZ caught the Velvet Revolver frontman leaving the club last night, rambling some nonsense about his musical inspirations.

Scott, who denies he was under the influence when he crashed his car in November, will be in court on December 13.

Video here: http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/06/weiland-returns-to-the-scene-of-the-crime/

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:53:21 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

Weiland Returns to the Scene of the Crime?

Two days after TMZ uncovered his arrest for DUI last month, Scott Weiland went into hiding -- by hanging out at Hyde!

TMZ caught the Velvet Revolver frontman leaving the club last night, rambling some nonsense about his musical inspirations.

Scott, who denies he was under the influence when he crashed his car in November, will be in court on December 13.

Video here: http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/06/weiland-returns-to-the-scene-of-the-crime/

While I hardly consider TMZ a legitimate "news" source, I would think the guy would lay low after the arrest.

Ali
SlashIsTheMan
Headliner

Slash is God...pray to him!

« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »

Actually TMZ is very accurate. It's the only source i believe 100% of the time. The guy who runs it is a lawyer. So im pretty sure they wouldn't lie. And considering TMZ is used in many high profile cases..I believe them. Go to tmz there is a picture of scott outside of Hyde.

I would be a groupie for slash any day.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2007, 02:24:19 PM »

Actually TMZ is very accurate. It's the only source i believe 100% of the time. The guy who runs it is a lawyer. So im pretty sure they wouldn't lie. And considering TMZ is used in many high profile cases..I believe them. Go to tmz there is a picture of scott outside of Hyde.

I'm not saying they would lie, but if you look at their content, and I have, it is mostly celebrity gossip.  A lot of pictures of celebrities and then user posts making fun of someone's appearance.  They run sensationalized stories without interviewing the subjects they are running stories about or presenting a truly balanced story.  Hence, I don't consider them a "news" source.

I consider them a Celebrity Gossip site and not a traditional or legit Entertainment Industry news source like Entertainment Weekly or The Hollywood Reporter.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »

Well in this case all they are saying is that Weiland was at Hyde last night, not must to dispute...they have the video.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

Well in this case all they are saying is that Weiland was at Hyde last night, not must to dispute...they have the video.

Certainly, but they are also saying that he was rambling nonsense leaving a club after a DUI arrest a few weeks ago.  What kind of picture does that paint?  To me, that he may have been drunk or high again.  It at least raises a question that TMZ cannot answer.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2007, 02:48:02 PM »

Certainly, but they are also saying that he was rambling nonsense leaving a club after a DUI arrest a few weeks ago.  What kind of picture does that paint?  To me, that he may have been drunk or high again.  It at least raises a question that TMZ cannot answer.

Ali

Did you ever see the interview with Scott done at Live 8?

Ancient Greeks...

Besides, most of the VR songs are him rambling nonsense.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »

If found this on the PREVIOUS ARREST...

Thu. July 08. 2004 5:35 PM EDT

Nearly eight months after his arrest for driving under the influence of drugs ...

Thanks dude, I tried to get his disposition, but one has to apply in person, or by US Post. Since I live across the country, I didn't think it was worth the trouble.

I did find out though that Ca. keeps it on record for 7 years, not 5, so there will be no mitigating factors involved in his sentencing. Too, Ca. has a "per se" clause on the books. That could be why he decided against the test.

He has been through this before, so he know the ins and outs of the system. Refusing the test is the best option if one is going to mount a vigorous defense of the charges. Ca. has a "presumptive" clause also, so the penalties are enhanced if found guilty.

I found this on Lawrence Taylor's web site:

One difference between driving under the influence of alcohol and DUI drugs is that in the former case a second criminal offense is charged: the so-called "per se" offense of driving while having a blood-alcohol concentration of .08% or higher (Vehicle Code section 23152b). Where the offense is driving under the influence of drugs, however, the "per se" offense cannot be charged since there is no blood-alcohol level, or because it is lower than .08%. This also means that the suspect's driver's license cannot be administratively suspended by the DMV for driving under the influence of drugs, since this is only done where the blood-alcohol level is .08% or where the driver refused chemical testing. However, the license can be suspended as part of a criminal sentence.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »

Certainly, but they are also saying that he was rambling nonsense leaving a club after a DUI arrest a few weeks ago.? What kind of picture does that paint?? To me, that he may have been drunk or high again.? It at least raises a question that TMZ cannot answer.

Ali

Ancient Greeks...

Besides, most of the VR songs are him rambling nonsense.? Wink

/jarmo

for someone that seems to hate vr and always tries to belittle the members of that band, it seems strange that you would attend their shows. i like the pic, btw http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boardgallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=6

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Ali
Legend

« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

Certainly, but they are also saying that he was rambling nonsense leaving a club after a DUI arrest a few weeks ago.? What kind of picture does that paint?? To me, that he may have been drunk or high again.? It at least raises a question that TMZ cannot answer.

Ali

Ancient Greeks...

Besides, most of the VR songs are him rambling nonsense.? Wink

/jarmo

No, I didn't. ?I'd like to, though.

Point is, TMZ isn't just saying he was at Hyde, end of story. ?They added something to it, deliberately I think, to raise the question of whether or not he was wasted again.

And, I won't pretend that I can make complete sense of all the stuff Scott says in the songs Smiley

Ali
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 05:23:07 PM by Ali » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »

Did anybody actually watch the fucking video?  How is he rambling nonsense? It made sense to me and he doesn't even seem fucked up.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »

Ali

Ancient Greeks...

Besides, most of the VR songs are him rambling nonsense.  Wink

/jarmo

for someone that seems to hate vr and always tries to belittle the members of that band, it seems strange that you would attend their shows. i like the pic, btw http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boardgallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=6
I thought that was a tiny bit weird myself. ^.^; but maybe he doesn't like them much anymore since then?

Is Steve Adler still on drugs or something? I thought he sobered up..

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: