Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:29:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Greatest Hits keeps doing Great
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greatest Hits keeps doing Great  (Read 5207 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: December 04, 2007, 11:31:33 PM »

Just saw this.. it's #1 pop catalog on billboard again!!  its been on there forever too!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Pop+Catalog

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:33:22 PM »

huh i'll be damned

beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »

Christmas time = greatest hits being great stocking stuffers.  I still have to laugh at Dark Side of the Moon though......1582 fucking weeks on the chart!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »

What in the hell am I going to buy CHUNK?!?!?  Shocked
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 12:29:14 AM »

BAAAAAAAABY RUTH!  And lots of them.

Or wait.....do I want ice cream. 

I'd gladly do the truffle shuffle for some ice cream.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:31:57 AM »

Get ready to dance to the Greatest Hitz, Chunky.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 12:32:34 AM »

i want a screwball you know the ice cream with the gum at the bottom lol.been drinkin them beers again dagnabit lol.but screwballs are kool in the summer.i like them from the ice cream trucks.

the one an only horsey !
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 02:23:08 AM »

but greatesthits isn't in billboard top 100
Chief
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45:04 AM »

That's because catalog albums like this are on a completely separate chart, hence the name pop catalog chart.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 02:48:57 AM »

i want a screwball you know the ice cream with the gum at the bottom lol.been drinkin them beers again dagnabit lol.but screwballs are kool in the summer.i like them from the ice cream trucks.

Yea.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

I had posts removed for pointing that out, but quite correct.   There is an alternate chart.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 08:12:01 PM »

that CD is gona be a best seller for a longggg time

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »

One thing that I know pushed a lot of units lately, is Wal-Mart had it for $5.00 for some holiday promotions. I noticed a TON of them selling...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 04:05:22 AM »

Considering it was a pretty crappily compiled record, you've got to be impressed by the way it's selling.

Hopefully it's success will make Axl realise how much people still want to hear from GN'R and will start work towards releasing Chinese Democracy soon

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
elmir
VIP

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 04:14:05 AM »

Considering it was a pretty crappily compiled record, you've got to be impressed by the way it's selling.

considering who is buying it right now, i'd say its put together just perfectly for that crowd.

Hopefully it's success will make Axl realise how much people still want to hear from GN'R and will start work towards releasing Chinese Democracy soon

sorry to argue this one, but these sales are nostalgia based only and provide no guide as to how cd would sell when released...new gnr interest can be seen from recent concert attendances, "distribution" of those leaks, and general market focus groups response to new material.

sales of afd, gh, and uyi records shows nothing other than the fact that those records contained material which is still relevant to this day, and is still able to be sold in the mass market.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 11:14:45 AM »

what do you think he has had his thub stuck up his ass for the past 10 years?!
of course he's been working towards releasing CD... he probably wants to get it of his back the most...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 11:19:35 AM »

One thing that I know pushed a lot of units lately, is Wal-Mart had it for $5.00 for some holiday promotions. I noticed a TON of them selling...

You work for the devil?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »

I know I could look it up but I'm lazy  yes Does anyone have a comparison of how it's doing vs. libertad? ...........Not that that's important  Cheesy

libertad sold 200.000 odd copies, GH is well over 5 million....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 04:55:30 PM »

Yep, you are so right man  ok

Like said: when you see how great GH keeps doing, you just think that why wouldn't axl just put that record out..  drool

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:37 PM »

From a logical point of view I don't think Gn'R's greatest hits really will show much indication on how well CD will do.

I mean, it's casual fans who are going to go out and buy the Greatest Hits cd in the first place.  Most people who bought it are people who wouldn't own a Gn'R cd in the first place, but they see a greatest hits, know that Sweet Child, Jungle, City, November Rain and a few others will be on it, so they see it worth the 10 dollar purchase.

Now are those same people going to go out and buy Chinese Democracy?  Some might, many won't though.  Many people who buy greatest hits CDs are not the type to go out and buy the band's catalog.

That doesn't mean Chinese Democracy won't sell though - because there are a ton of people out there waiting for it who didn't go buy the Greatest Hits cd because they already have the band's back catalog.

Anyway it's great for Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Dizzy and Gilby that Greatest Hits is doing so well.  It should be an honor for them to have created and been part of such a powerful and loved band.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: