Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Mark Lanegan thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mark Lanegan thread  (Read 46298 times)
darkdays_01
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2004, 10:42:13 PM »

To anyone who has Bubblegum what are some of the standout tracks ? I am going to DL a few songs to see if i like this which i am certain i will and then probably order it from Amazon.  What song does Duff and Izzy make an appearance on ? Do they play guitar and bass or sing ? Thanks peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2004, 09:57:52 AM »

Duff and Izzy help out with the vocals on Strange Religion.

I can't say what the stand out tracks are, but Hit The City is the next single and Sideways In Reverse was the first video.

All of these three songs are different. Might give you an idea on how diverse the album is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkdays_01
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2004, 12:17:21 PM »

Hey Thanks Jarmo, I just ordered the cd it is pretty good, different but good.
darkdays_01
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2004, 10:50:34 PM »

Jarmo , just got the cd today , i really dig it, Lanegan owes you some money for promotion. beer
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2004, 09:15:08 PM »

Jarmo , just got the cd today , i really dig it, Lanegan owes you some money for promotion. beer

Yeah, I've lost count on how many copies of the album I've "sold".  hihi

Plus concert tickets.....  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2004, 04:46:31 PM »

It's November, 55 days left of the year and I find it really hard to believe that there will be anything better released this year.

"Bubblegum" is still at #1 on my Best Albums of 2004 list.

This album is also the perfect soundtrack for the month of November. It's dark......  ok

/jarmo

Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2004, 04:46:19 PM »

I saw sideways in reverse on scuzz the other day, i liked it alot  Smiley

It's evolution, baby!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2004, 08:04:26 PM »

I agree - this album is killer and along with the new Green Day is at the top of my list fro years best. The track that Izzy and Duff feat. on ( "Strange religion") is a standout too. ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
darkdays_01
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2004, 12:50:17 AM »

Bubblegum is right behind Contraband as my favorite release for 04' with Green Day's American Idiot right after Bubblegum. yes
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »

Source:? Blabbermouth.net

MARK LANEGAN Joins QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE At Tour Kickoff?

Launch Radio Networks is reporting that QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE officially kicked off their 2005 world tour in Milan, Italy on Monday night (Feb. 14), and were joined onstage for eight songs by vocalist Mark Lanegan, according to NME.com. Although it was announced that Lanegan had left the group early last year, frontman Josh Homme said Lanegan is basically free to come and go as he pleases. "What would be a good phrase for what Mark has? He's got kind of carte blanche for QUEENS, and so I think the idea that he's able to come back, kind of at his own free will, whenever the hell he wants to, gets misunderstood by other people, but not really by Mark or I," he said.

The former SCREAMING TREES frontman joined the QUEENS on 2002's "Songs for the Deaf" album, singing several songs and becoming part of the group's touring lineup. Lanegan has also recorded a number of solo albums and has toured behind those as well.

Although the band played a secret show as the Clocks in Los Angeles earlier this month, the Milan gig was the first official QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE concert in a year.

The group kicks off a U.S. tour on March 15 in Austin, Texas, with its fourth album, "Lullabies To Paralyze", arriving in stores on March 22.?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2005, 08:48:55 AM »

Who else thinks 2004 was a poor year in rock?

Go buy "Bubblegum". Even after more than six months of heavy rotation it's still extremely good.

I just realized it's about six months since I saw the MLB show in London..... What a perfect ending for a great sunny day in London. Some really dark music.  Grin

Still no bootleg.  Undecided

/jarmo

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

It was still ridiculously good. Angry
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2005, 08:01:04 PM »

Yeah, it was.

I remember standing outside after the show and the band's drummer shows up.....

I also remember they had Grolsch at that venue even though it's names the Carling Islington Academy.  Grin

Where's my "Hit The City" single?

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2005, 04:22:39 PM »

Bubblegum gets better and better with age .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2005, 06:15:09 PM »

I read something on Vh1news.com that Mark Lanegan left Queen of the Stone Age

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2005, 06:23:16 PM »

O think this is what your talking about D.

NME.com is reporting that vocalist Mark Lanegan has left the QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE U.S. tour under mysterious circumstances, fuelling rumors of a fight between him and QUEENS leader Josh Homme.

On Monday (April 4), the band released a statement on their official web site, confirming that Lanegan had taken a break due to "exhaustion," but rejected Internet rumors that there was anything more to it.

"Mark Lanegan is taking a brief sebatical from the ongoing QUEENS tour due to exhaustion," the statement reads. "The band would like to wish a speedy recovery, so that he can return back tour the touring QUEENS circus ASAP. Joshua & Mark have already been in discussions to figure out when Mark will be able to return. And finally the band stresses that all other rumors regarding this subject should be written down, burned & the ashes pushed in to your eyes so that you are unable to find your watercooler/sewing circle."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=35116

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2005, 11:07:58 AM »

Bumping this for Skeletor.  Wink

Some Lanegan news:

Isobel Campbell Sets Sail
Former Belle and Sebastian singer collaborates with Mark Lanegan on "Seas" 

When Isobel Campbell couldn't find anyone in her native Scotland to sing the low part on a song for her upcoming Ballad of the Broken Seas, the ethereal-voiced singer reached across the Atlantic and connected with one of rock's deepest, growliest voices: former Screaming Trees frontman Mark Lanegan.
The collaboration began with a single song, but, pleased with the results, the two agreed to extend their partnership over the course of a full-length album. "I just really loved Mark's voice," says Campbell, a former member of Belle and Sebastian. "For a while, I've been really obsessed with Johnny Cash, and Mark's got that kind of voice. But then also there's sort of an otherworldly element to his voice as well -- just a bit of a psychedelic element to it -- which I'm really sort of bewitched by. Our voices go together pretty well -- night and day, really. Because I was in a group before, I enjoy it most when I get to sing with other people."

Due in September, Broken Seas features what would seem to be a strange pairing, given the contrasting sounds favored by Campbell and Lanegan's previous bands. But Lanegan's sound was particularly well-suited to the darker tone of Broken Seas. "I wrote a lot of the stuff in January 2004, and there's hardly any daylight in Scotland then," says Campbell. "Christmas is over, and all the fun times are over. So I was writing these quite dark songs."

Campbell has also cooked up a second album, the folk-leaning Over the Wheat and the Barley, targeted for stores in January. Recorded with former Soup Dragons guitarist Jim McCulloch, the LP also features a guest spot from former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha. "I was in Virginia last summer for about three weeks, and I bought the Harry Smith anthology, and this record was really influenced by that," says Campbell. "It's like half-and-half: some new songs, and some traditional songs. I've loved folk music for decades, and I just wanted to do something stripped-back and see how it would sound."

COLIN DEVENISH

http://www.rollingstone.com

/jarmo

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2005, 04:31:50 PM »

I got The Screaming Tree's best of the other week, they strike me as pretty good, Lanegan has a good voice too, I have been thinking about getting 'Bubblegum' - how does it stand up to his Screaming Trees stuff? Is it better/worse and is it in a similar style or something new?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2005, 05:55:52 PM »

Better.

Well, I think so.

I'd say it's less... Screaming Trees and more Mark Lanegan, but that makes no sense.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2005, 07:51:03 PM »

What?s his story with Queens? I mean, he?s in then he?s out, his participation in the new album is very short.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: