Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH: New Signature EPIPHONE Guitar To Debut At NAMM
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH: New Signature EPIPHONE Guitar To Debut At NAMM  (Read 21945 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 10, 2007, 03:31:13 PM »

SLASH: New Signature EPIPHONE Guitar To Debut At NAMM - Dec. 10, 2007

Epiphone Guitar announced today the introduction of the new Slash signature Les Paul Standard Plus Top electric guitar. Designed and produced in close cooperation with Slash, this new Epiphone combines all the great design features that have made the Les Paul guitar "the" rock guitar while Slash's own personal touches create a unique instrument destined to become an instant classic.

The new Epiphone Slash Les Paul starts with all the basic features of an LP including a solid Mahogany body with a highly-figured, flame Maple top and glued-in Mahogany neck. Standard equipment now on most Epiphone models is the new LockTone stopbar/tune-o-matic system that secures the bridge and tailpiece to the guitar even without strings while adding as much as 20% more sustain. Unique to the Slash LP are features including, the neck joint which uses a long neck tenon typically found on late-1950s Les Pauls. Extending well into the neck pickup cavity, this provides more strength, more wood-to-wood contact and ultimately, more tone and sustain.

Next, the Slash Custom neck profile or shape is patterned after Slash's original Les Paul and his choice of pickups are two Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro-II open-coil humbuckers. Finally, the guitar features a Dark Tobacco Burst finish, nickel hardware and machine heads with vintage "tulip" buttons.

The new Epiphone Slash signature guitar will make its initial public debut at the upcoming Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA in January 2008. Projected U.S. MSRP is $1,165 and includes a certificate of authenticity. An optional hard case is available for $115. The Epiphone Slash will be available at authorized Epiphone retailers worldwide in December 2007. Slash will be making special appearances related to the launch. Details will be announced on www.epiphone.com over the next few weeks.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 05:12:21 PM »

cool i wonder what colour it will be and if there will be a Gibson model

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 05:58:28 PM »

Uh.. isn't there already a Gibson model?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:59:40 PM »

cool i wonder what colour it will be and if there will be a Gibson model

there is.

And the colour is tobacco burst...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:12:10 PM »

I think they're putting it out under the Epiphone brand because no one would pay the ridiculous 4 grand for it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »

Good looking guitar.   ok
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:18:12 PM »

I think they're putting it out under the Epiphone brand because no one would pay the ridiculous 4 grand for it.

Exactly.

Fuck 'Em All.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 04:48:37 AM »

It's still quite expencive for an ephiphone tho isn't it? I mean it's over a grand... How much is perrys bone yard or whatever or zacks bulls eye?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 04:58:16 AM »

i think it's ugly. i hate epi's headstocks.

Chinese Democracy!
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 05:05:45 AM »

Mahogany body, maple cap, mahogany neck...that's Gibson stuff. A lot of Epiphones don't actually have mahogany bodies, but have alder bodies (some with a mahogany veneer).

SLASH: New Signature EPIPHONE Guitar To Debut At NAMM - Dec. 10, 2007

The new Epiphone Slash Les Paul starts with all the basic features of an LP including a solid Mahogany body with a highly-figured, flame Maple top and glued-in Mahogany neck. Standard equipment now on most Epiphone models is the new LockTone stopbar/tune-o-matic system that secures the bridge and tailpiece to the guitar even without strings while adding as much as 20% more sustain. Unique to the Slash LP are features including, the neck joint which uses a long neck tenon typically found on late-1950s Les Pauls. Extending well into the neck pickup cavity, this provides more strength, more wood-to-wood contact and ultimately, more tone and sustain.

So. it has standard Epi appointments and a long-tenon neck joint and a thin neck. The maple cap will be maple with a flamed veneer, so nothing all that special there. Sorry...that sounds like a pretty standard guitar with "Slash" written on it. Certainly not better than the Japanese imports (Burny, Edwards, Tokai) you can get for less than that. Get one of them, write "Slash" on the truss rod cover, change the pickups (if you want to), and you have a much better quality guitar with the "correct" headstock shape!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 06:02:40 AM »

i Just Bought a Japanese Gold Top from Tokai and it beats the shit outta most gibsons Smiley

i'm gonna do some mods now. get a killswith, SD Pickups, and change all of the electronics. but that baby can sing just as it is Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
Seb
BucketSeb
Rocker

Serial Killer

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 06:05:34 AM »

the first slash sig guitar was also destirbuted with epiphone right? anyone remember what the price of that was?

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 06:12:26 AM »

i Just Bought a Japanese Gold Top from Tokai and it beats the shit outta most gibsons Smiley

i'm gonna do some mods now. get a killswith, SD Pickups, and change all of the electronics. but that baby can sing just as it is Smiley

My Edwards is the best guitar I have ever played. Every time someone else plays it, I have to pry it out of their hands. I'm not saying it's better than Gibsons, but it is better than most Gibsons I've tried. Seymour Duncan pickups, too...!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 06:21:32 AM »

the first slash sig guitar was also destirbuted with epiphone right? anyone remember what the price of that was?

sure was. Don't remember the price tho... Don't think it was as expencive as this one...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »

My Edwards is the best guitar I have ever played. Every time someone else plays it, I have to pry it out of their hands. I'm not saying it's better than Gibsons, but it is better than most Gibsons I've tried. Seymour Duncan pickups, too...!

i prefer japanese guitars to american. the japs are way better making great guitars.

Chinese Democracy!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 10:54:58 AM »

i prefer japanese guitars to american. the japs are way better making great guitars.

I think epiphones are made in japan...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »

Nope, China. They were once made in Korea.

Edit: they were once made in Japan too. I think some still are made there, like the Elitists. Don't quote me on that, though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

How many Slash signature guitars have there been over the years?

I remember one Snakepit guitar and one Slash signature?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Seb
BucketSeb
Rocker

Serial Killer

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »

and that's about it, just those 2 that i know of

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 04:24:07 AM »

And of course the two epiphone copies of those two mentioned above.

Kind of wierd the whole epiphone thing. It's wierd seeing Slash posing with an epiphone guitar knowing he would never ever play one live... Maybe they'll force him to do so now tho, like at least on one song every gig or something... I guess it depends on how much cash he got for this deal...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: