Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:54:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH: New Signature EPIPHONE Guitar To Debut At NAMM
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH: New Signature EPIPHONE Guitar To Debut At NAMM  (Read 21942 times)
Seb
BucketSeb
Rocker

Serial Killer

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 05:32:58 AM »

i don't think slash would play on a epiphone cous basicly epiphone? is just a cheaper alternitive for gibson and considering the fact that this sig guitars are also availible in gibson format, just way to expensive yes
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 05:35:20 AM by Seb » Logged

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 05:50:22 AM »

Yes the Elitists are Japanese. and they're awesome guitars, with an ugly headstock! and for the price they're goin, you just might buy a Gibson or a Japanese Les Paul

Nope, China. They were once made in Korea.

Edit: they were once made in Japan too. I think some still are made there, like the Elitists. Don't quote me on that, though.

Chinese Democracy!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »

Look out...  nervous Grin

Over the next few weeks a series of promotional stunts and events leading up to the April 1st launch date will be strategically set up around the world to support the sale of the Slash signature line of guitars. Updates and information will be periodically posted on the website http://www.gibson.com . From Los Angeles to Tokyo, everyone will know that Slash is coming. Several sneak peeks and surprise Slash sightings are scheduled for major markets around the globe. A schedule of the events will be available at http://www.gibson.com beginning February 15, 2008.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rockNroses
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 03:07:44 PM »

How many Slash signature guitars have there been over the years?

I remember one Snakepit guitar and one Slash signature?

/jarmo

So far, we have:

1. Gibson Snakepit - discontinued
2. Epiphone Snakepit - discontinued
3. Gibson Slash
4. Epiphone Slash
5. Gibson Les Paul Slash V.O.S. (Vintage Original Specifications)

Some more info:

The Snakepit models were similar to an ordinary "Les Paul Classic", while the later Slash model is more like the actual guitar Slash plays, wich is based on a rare (= made for a short time only) 60's model, later custom equipped with special Seymour Duncan pickups. It's basically a mix of Joe Perry's old Les Paul with Jeff Beck's old pickups.

The Gibson Slash also has a special pickup (Fishman) and an extra switch, both absent on both Snakepit models (Gibson AND Epiphone) and the latest Epiphone model.

The current Epi model is way overpriced. You could as well buy a vintage sunburst, mid-90's, korean made Epi LP Classic on eBay, take offthe pickguard, put a pair of Duncan's in and have an even better guitar for half the money, looking, sounding and feeling just the same.

As far as I know, Slash never played an Epiphone, he just posed with one for the ads. The contract said he had to have one on display on stage and he did, but I never saw him playing it.

In my opinion, signature models are for collector's and hardcore fans with too much money on their hands. Most guitarists probably have found their own "dream / custom guitar" not by copying someone else, but by making modifications and changes to the one standard model they've found to work best for them - like Slash, Buckethead and Robin did with their Les Paul models.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:15:18 PM by rockNroses » Logged
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »

Most guitarists probably have found their own "dream / custom guitar" not by copying someone else, but by making modifications and changes to the one standard model they've found to work best for them - like Slash, [...] did with [his] Les Paul models.

Slash went one step further than that...his 80s Les Paul was made by a custom luthier, not Gibson. The man who is oft credited with the resurgence of the Les Paul in the 80s ironically did not, in fact, play a Gibson at the time.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 07:52:27 PM »

People are also forgetting the signature Slash guild doubleneck.. but I don't know how may of them they made?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 03:29:56 AM »

but I don't know how may of them they made?

About 100 or so.

Fuck 'Em All.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 04:43:45 AM »

People are also forgetting the signature Slash guild doubleneck.. but I don't know how may of them they made?

Not to mention the B.C. Rich Mochingbird SL...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 11:43:15 AM »

Over the next few weeks a series of promotional stunts and events leading up to the April 1st launch date will be strategically set up around the world to support the sale of the Slash signature line of guitars.
Several sneak peeks and surprise Slash sightings are scheduled for major markets around the globe.

Looks like it has begun... hihi

SLASH runners invade L.A marathon for signature Gibson and Epiphone guitar

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=306965&s=slash&sfld=C&vwmd=e

Today's LA Marathon was invaded by rocker Slash look-a-likes, who competed in the race for Gibson Guitar as part of a worldwide launch for the Velvet Revolver guitarist's new signature model Gibson and Epiphone guitars which will go on sale in limited quantities on April 1, 2008. Fifty Slash look-a-likes donned wigs, top hats, t-shirts, sunglasses and even the signature cigarette prop in the "Dash for Slash," encouraging onlookers to "Shred like Slash" on April 1st.

http://laist.com/2008/03/02/found_in_la_the_2.php
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 01:07:58 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »

So how long until the Slash Casket and the Slash Condoms?
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »

You mean "how long before the Gibson Casket and the Gibson Condoms?". This is Gibson marketing for a Gibson product, and they are going to milk it for all they can. Having a go at Slash for this is like having a go at that boy who plays Harry Potter because the film company has allowed McDonalds to put his face on their burger wrappers.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 01:58:12 PM »

You mean "how long before the Gibson Casket and the Gibson Condoms?". This is Gibson marketing for a Gibson product, and they are going to milk it for all they can. Having a go at Slash for this is like having a go at that boy who plays Harry Potter because the film company has allowed McDonalds to put his face on their burger wrappers.

Good point ...

but ... damn, I'd love to buy the aforementioned items! Smiley hehe

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 03:09:03 PM »

http://slash.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wo/0.13.1.3.NavBar7.3.1

No, I mean how long before the Slash Casket and Slash Condoms.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

Gibson is a blue chip company in the guitar world, and it says alot about Slash's popularity, status as a rock icon and commercial viability that Gibson has put the effort into creating the marketing campaign for the launch of his new signature models that they have. The president of the company this year said that the Slash launch and the launch of a new Jimmy Page guitar were the biggest priorities this year. That is some decent company to be in in terms of a company valuing your worth to them.

They have plenty of other guitarists on the roster, and they wouldn't be wasting their time, effort and money on Slash if they didn't think he would deliver a return on their investment in him and his brand. They picked him as one of the main priorities to focus on, and when you look at their roster of guitarists he should feel very proud of all his achievements that put him in a position to be valued like that.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 09:54:34 PM »

Over the next few weeks a series of promotional stunts and events leading up to the April 1st launch date will be strategically set up around the world to support the sale of the Slash signature line of guitars.
Several sneak peeks and surprise Slash sightings are scheduled for major markets around the globe.

Looks like it has begun... hihi

SLASH runners invade L.A marathon for signature Gibson and Epiphone guitar

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=306965&s=slash&sfld=C&vwmd=e

Today's LA Marathon was invaded by rocker Slash look-a-likes, who competed in the race for Gibson Guitar as part of a worldwide launch for the Velvet Revolver guitarist's new signature model Gibson and Epiphone guitars which will go on sale in limited quantities on April 1, 2008. Fifty Slash look-a-likes donned wigs, top hats, t-shirts, sunglasses and even the signature cigarette prop in the "Dash for Slash," encouraging onlookers to "Shred like Slash" on April 1st.

http://laist.com/2008/03/02/found_in_la_the_2.php

Dude, this is hilarious!!
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 02:22:35 AM »

http://slash.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wo/0.13.1.3.NavBar7.3.1

No, I mean how long before the Slash Casket and Slash Condoms.

I can't get that link to work without changing my security settings, which I am not about to do. I can only guess what is on there.

Your point is that there seems to be a lot of promotional items already. Launching your comment from the promotional activity for these guitars has no merit - this is a Gibson marketing campaign for one of their guitars.

All bands and artists have promotional items; it is the nature of the game now that nobody buys CDs any more. Even GNR's official shop has official GNR incense and scented candles.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 09:57:51 AM »

March 12, 2008

Gibson Guitar Offers Celebrity Appearances at Musikmesse 2008

Press release
Source: Gibson Guitar

Gibson Guitar, the world?s premier musical instrument manufacturer and leader in music technology, will exhibit a large number of new products at this year?s 2008 MUSIKMESSE show in Frankfurt, Germany, March 12-15, 2008 in hall 4.2 booth F19 at the Frankfurt Messe Convention Center. Along with the exhibits, guests can expect daily appearances by some of the world?s best known musicians including guitar legend and former Guns ?n Roses guitarist Slash.

ARTIST APPEARANCE SCHEDULE

Friday, 14th March 2008

SLASH DAY

2:00 pm ? 3:00 pm Slash ? signing session
3:30 pm ? 3:30 pm Official Slash press photo call

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »

Undecided

The Gimme That Cool Slash Les Paul Gibson-YouTube Video Contest

Give you that cool Slash Les Paul? That Gibson Custom Shop Slash Signature Vintage Original Spec limited edition Les Paul?! Yeah, okay, we can do that. But here?s what you gotta do: Make a video?an original video?that lets Gibson and Slash himself know how much you love him, how bad you want that Les Paul, and why you deserve it more than anybody else. And be creative! We?re busy and we have short attention spans, and we?re going to have to watch a million of these. So you better make that video stand out. This is a killer Les Paul, so fire up the camera and get busy!

http://www.gibson.com/slash/videocontest/

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »

Seriously, Gibson. no

How greedy can you get?

Oh, Gibson is suing Activision over Guitar Hero, citing some obscure patent they registered a long time ago. This in spite the fact that Activision already licenses guitar models from Gibson for their controllers. Apparently, that money wasn't enough. Find the story here.

Fuck 'Em All.
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »

I dunno why people think this guitar is a rip off??  Well UK prices seem really good (and we usually get stiffed in UK) As the guitar has a better neck profile, the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II pickups and a hard case that the regular Epi Standard doesnt have... sure you can buy a case and the pickups but you cant upgrade the neck... plus as long as it sounds good and plays well I dont give a fuck whos name is on the headstock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: