Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 95669 times)
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2008, 07:33:19 PM »

Slash is doing a lot of pr for his band, the book, and the video game. He is a part of all of that, so if he wants to do pr, let him do it. I have read this entire thread and am amused at the several people who are ripping him a new butt-hole for it. Let the guy live. Shouldnt he be proud of forming gnr, writing the songs, etc? If he wants to do something with what he helped create, that is his own decision. If you have a problem with that, then that's your own issue , which I don't get, but so be it.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »

Situation may be different , but are the motives not the same? Both of them probably assumed it be a cool experience to do and went for it.

Yeah, it's possible.

But maybe cool for different reasons...

I really don't see how Slash being in a video game has anything to do with Slash commenting on a Book Signing Tour....

No, but it's funny how most of the Slash talk isn't about his music.

Isn't he in a band?

Anyone who is advocating GN'R fans buy this book, and more importantly believe the bullshit in it, is either not a sincere GN'R fan or has some sort of brain malfunctioning and is therefore unable to THINK.

Younggunner is such a huge GN'R supporter that he's here defending Slash from evil people like you and me.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »

You have to admit that if somebody says something negative about Slash in this section, Axl's name is automatically brought up. Even you can't deny that.
Agreed. Just like when we are in the GNR section its the opposite. Im not trying to defend Slash here. Im not the biggest Slash fan outside of his GNR playing. But its comical to read some statements by certain people in here.

You wanted to compare the two video game scenarios, I showed you why they're different but according to you, if you're in the game, you're in the game.

There's no difference if you're just the voice in the game and going out promoting it while appearing on the cover of the game.

Think of it like a movie.

Axl did a cameo. His name isn't associated with the movie and his image isn't on the movie posters.

Slash is like the star of the picture, doing press etc.

And you say the situation is the same?

For the 3rd time today, I didnt say they were the same. But in principle they are. They both used their name and legacy to make money. They both were paid.

Jarmo, what is so wrong about Slash being asked to be the spokesperson for a popular guitar game? This idea of how icons cant promote stuff is absurd. That is why we dont have CD in our hands today. No1 cares about rock. Labels dont wanna back it.
So when a rock icon wants to promote good music and rock we bash that icon by saying hes a whore.

I dont get it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »

[Anyone who hasnt read the book should read it. Its a great read and any GNR fan will enjoy it.

Dude, you are impossible!

Anyone who is advocating GN'R fans buy this book, and more importantly believe the bullshit in it, is either not a sincere GN'R fan or has some sort of brain malfunctioning and is therefore unable to THINK.

To the poster that said that all guys in GN'R glorified drugs and alcohol back in the day, I don't know what to say. Obviously, he is unaware of the fact that even back in the 80s Axl started threatening band members that he'd quit if they don't get off the drugs. Axl not only tried to save GN'R this way but he also tried to save his band members' lives. He may have done some hard drugs in the 80s but even then Axl was never a drug addict.

First of all , they have an entire song dedicated to the booze that left them drunk as hell..... They have Brownstone , which is a DIRECT reference to drugs, you expect Guns to be an anti drug place? I'm sure Axl didn't do drugs as hard as the rest of the guys but AXL isn't guns n roses , the band is guns n roses. I just don't see how you can listen to them and them be in shock on how Slash talks of it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

And if Geffen made that decision than its Axls fault too because guess who was a part of the agreement to sell the catalouge? yep you guessed it Axl.....I wonder why he made a deal...maybe because he needs money too??

While I'd imagine Geffen probably owns the rights to the original recordings, or at least a portion of them, the deal Axl made a few years ago was with Sanctuary, not Geffen, and it was for the publishing rights of the old catalogue plus new material, not for the rights to the original recordings.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

I didnt say they were the same. But in principle they are.

Contradicting yourself there?

They both used their name and legacy to make money. They both were paid.

So you're saying, they got paid and that makes it the same?

Would you say Slash has gotten more exposure from appearing in this game compared to Axl?

Since according to you, it's the same thing. So they must've both become "that guy in that video game"?

Jarmo, what is so wrong about Slash being asked to be the spokesperson for a popular guitar game? This idea of how icons cant promote stuff is absurd.

It's just the contradictions.

Not wanting to talk about GN'R, writing a book about GN'R and then using his GN'R connection to be able put himself in a video game.

I wonder if his record company likes the fact that he spends so much time talking about his former band instead of his current one?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2008, 07:40:14 PM »

just for the record...do we consider that an insult around here these days?? Grin

GNR fans should def buy this book. Slash gives great accounts of the band, how they formed, partied, etc.
Any gnr fan would enjoy this book. Even the the nitpicking, critical type Grin

I dont want to ask you about Slashs book leather because the last time I read your comments on it I felt so sad for you. So theres no need to go down that road.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

I didnt say they were the same. But in principle they are.

Contradicting yourself there?

They both used their name and legacy to make money. They both were paid.

Would you say Slash has gotten more exposure from appearing in this game compared to Axl?

Since according to you, it's the same thing. So they must've both become "that guy in that video game"?

Jarmo, what is so wrong about Slash being asked to be the spokesperson for a popular guitar game? This idea of how icons cant promote stuff is absurd.

It's just the contradictions.

Not wanting to talk about GN'R, writing a book about GN'R and then using his GN'R connection to be able put himself in a video game.

I wonder if his record company likes the fact that he spends so much time talking about his former band instead of his current one?

/jarmo

I'm sure he didn't use his GN'R connection to put himself in the game its not like he called the company and said HEY this is Slash , you know Guns N Roses ex guitarist. It was most likely vice versa , the company said HEY! You know who'd be great for the game , Slash.  I don't find anything wrong him doing it , it gave way for new fans and its a fun game to play. He has said he wanted to set stuff straight , so maybe after all the book PR is down he won't talk GNR so much? Who knows , I doubt that though.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »

You have to admit that if somebody says something negative about Slash in this section, Axl's name is automatically brought up. Even you can't deny that.
Agreed. Just like when we are in the GNR section its the opposite. Im not trying to defend Slash here. Im not the biggest Slash fan outside of his GNR playing. But its comical to read some statements by certain people in here.

You wanted to compare the two video game scenarios, I showed you why they're different but according to you, if you're in the game, you're in the game.

There's no difference if you're just the voice in the game and going out promoting it while appearing on the cover of the game.

Axl did a cameo. His name isn't associated with the movie and his image isn't on the movie posters.

For the 3rd time today, I didnt say they were the same. But in principle they are. They both used their name and legacy to make money. They both were paid.

Jarmo, what is so wrong about Slash being asked to be the spokesperson for a popular guitar game? This idea of how icons cant promote stuff is absurd. That is why we dont have CD in our hands today. No1 cares about rock. Labels dont wanna back it.
So when a rock icon wants to promote good music and rock we bash that icon by saying hes a whore.

I dont get it.

Some people would prefer Slash just to go away.  He seems to be a HUGE thorn in the side of many new GNR fans, for what I have no fucking clue.  Wasn't Buckethead on Guitar Hero II?  

Slash is the last true rock star out there that still is "current", "likeable", and not "washed" up.  He is also the last Guitar Hero.  Outside of the GNR board, most everyone else loves Slash.  Metal heads, punks, classic rock, alternative.  Don't know why, just stating facts and stuff.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »

Not wanting to talk about GN'R, writing a book about GN'R

I already said he contradicted himself with that.

and then using his GN'R connection to be able put himself in a video game.
Really? This is news to me...

Please tell me how he used his gnr connection to put himself in a video game?While your at it...please answer the questions I asked you.

I dont get it.

I dont know how it works elsewhere, but in America, a person who writes a book, or plays in a movie, usually promotes the book. Thats how its done. He decided to write a book about his life. What is wrong with that?

Yes, being they got paid it is the same when it comes down to it. They are both using their name and legacy in exchange for money.

What about the Harley ad? Same thing. Do you really want a great song like Better being associated with a dumb commercial?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:55:10 PM by younggunner » Logged

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2008, 07:49:42 PM »

I dont get it.

Some people would prefer Slash just to go away.  He seems to be a HUGE thorn in the side of many new GNR fans, for what I have no fucking clue.  Wasn't Buckethead on Guitar Hero II? 

Slash is the last true rock star out there that still is "current", "likeable", and not "washed" up.  He is also the last Guitar Hero.  Outside of the GNR board, most everyone else loves Slash.  Metal heads, punks, classic rock, alternative.  Don't know why, just stating facts and stuff.

I agree , Slash is liked widely by a lot of fans , but then again so is GNR's music. For some reason he is the only one that doesn't seem "fake" or "processed" you know what I mean , he is just who he is nothing more nothing less. He inspired me to pick up guitar , he embodies a lot of what is missing in todays modern rock world.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2008, 07:56:05 PM »

/jarmo

without bringing Axl up they have nothing to stand on.  they have no argument otherwise, or a very weak one.     I certainly don't need to belittle slash to defend negative comments about Axl.    I'd LOVE to be proven wrong one of these days by a Slash fan..  maybe some day.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »

/jarmo

without bringing Axl up they have nothing to stand on.  they have no argument otherwise, or a very weak one.     I certainly don't need to belittle slash to defend negative comments about Axl.    I'd LOVE to be proven wrong one of these days by a Slash fan..  maybe some day.

Sounds like a generalization to me.....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »

/jarmo

You were proven wrong by an Axl fan in Younggunner, which I find even more embarrassing because he is not pro Slash.  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

without bringing Axl up they have nothing to stand on.  they have no argument otherwise, or a very weak one.     I certainly don't need to belittle slash to defend negative comments about Axl.    I'd LOVE to be proven wrong one of these days by a Slash fan..  maybe some day.
Instead of waiting to be proven stop piggy backing on Jarmos comments and start coming up with your own material. You are def above Dave2k status congrats beer

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »

/jarmo

You were proven wrong by an Axl fan in Younggunner, which I find even more embarrassing because he is not pro Slash. 

perhaps you didn't read what I said.   All younggunner did was bring up what Axl did.  Thats exactly what I'm saying we shouldnt' be doing.    You guys can't defend Slash without bringing Axl(or another member of the band) into the discussion.   Read the fucking thread dude.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »

/jarmo

perhaps you didn't read what I said.   All younggunner did was bring up what Axl did.  Thats exactly what I'm saying we shouldnt' be doing.    You guys can't defend Slash without bringing Axl(or another member of the band) into the discussion.   Read the fucking thread dude.

But isn't it fair ball when the discussion was Slash in a video game and how he is "selling out" the GNR name , its only natural to bring up the fact that Axl was in a game , or should that fact be ignored?

EDIT: I find nothing wrong with either of them doing a game , it was fun for them to do it and the only reason they got the chance was because of their fame. Both men have worked DAMN hard to earn the respect they both command , Axl wrote some really time-less lyrics and Slash wrote some down right amazing guitar lines. If they want to go and do some fuckin' game then hey , why the hell not. It only furthers not only Gun's fans but Rock N' Roll fans as well , I don't see what is wrong with that? If someone called me with that I"d jump on it. I don't understand why Slash doing GH is really that big of an issue? So he put himself out there , It's not like Slash put his stamp on a food processor , jesus christ its not out of his league its a game based of GUITAR.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:25:28 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »

/jarmo

But isn't it fair ball when the discussion was Slash in a video game and how he is "selling out" the GNR name , its only natural to bring up the fact that Axl was in a game , or should that fact be ignored?

EDIT: I find nothing wrong with either of them doing a game , it was fun for them to do it and the only reason they got the chance was because of their fame. Both men have worked DAMN hard to earn the respect they both command , Axl wrote some really time-less lyrics and Slash wrote some down right amazing guitar lines. If they want to go and do some fuckin' game then hey , why the hell not. It only furthers not only Gun's fans but Rock N' Roll fans as well , I don't see what is wrong with that? If someone called me with that I"d jump on it. I don't understand why Slash doing GH is really that big of an issue? So he put himself out there , It's not like Slash put his stamp on a food processor , jesus christ its not out of his league its a game based of GUITAR.

I dont think its relevant.  it doesn't justify anything.    Axl should not even be brought up.  Its about as relevant as me asking you what your previous username on this site was.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2008, 09:35:53 PM »

/jarmo

I dont think its relevant.  it doesn't justify anything.    Axl should not even be brought up.  Its about as relevant as me asking you what your previous username on this site was.

Let's review the argument here

Axl fans: Yea slash was in a video game , he is raping the GNR name , he is selling his name for money what a joke...

Slash fan: Axl did the same

Axl Fan : Why bring up Axl? It's perfectly fine for him to do it just NOT SLASH!

As to the relevance of a previous user name I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »

how come your the only one who is concerned about who is brought up and what is relevant?
I hate to burst your bubble.... but no one cares about what you consider relevant no

How come Jarmo, the person who makes the rules, is discussing the points? You must want those passes really bad.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:52:43 PM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: