Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 09:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228051 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 142212 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #640 on: January 04, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »

Also, who said it's ready to release? It's finished and it's up to the label now, but this is not yet "ready to release".

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #641 on: January 04, 2008, 11:27:14 AM »

I had a cool vision of a video, it was fortus playing like on some sort of platform or pillar and everything around him were all black except a "laser" pointing at him and the camera views was kinda like the ones in november rain while slash is soloing but more action and stuff.. would be very cool with a video like that, even though it might not sound cool you should all see the video in my mind headbanger? hihi
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #642 on: January 04, 2008, 11:40:04 AM »

Could you elaborate on your reasoning? This looks like it could be yet another misreading of this statement, and that just wouldnt do. dear me no siree.

Depending on your reasoning, however, i may have to apologise.

My point is that official word from the band has not been sent out. No letters from Axl, no statements from his people. If the record is really within a month or two of release, I think the band would have put out something more official than some random e-mail. I mean, give me a break. These guys all decline to talk about CD whenever they are asked. Why would one of them just fire off an e-mail saying, "Yep it's done, and the record company has it" when for years they have ducked, dodged and flat out avoided the subject in interviews and such?

No, if it is close to release, the band will let us know through official channels. 

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #643 on: January 04, 2008, 11:47:50 AM »

Why is there such a debate on this topic still?  Mysteron clearly stated that the record is done and the ball is now in the record company's hands.  Axl is not going to annouce a release date again until everything has been worked out with the record company.  No one is willing to guess how long this might take, understandably so because if they fail to meet that date everyone will scream bloody murder.  Hopefully the record company and the band can expeditiously move on and agree to terms and we can have CD in our stereo's as soon as possible.  So stop trying to figure out what Richard meant.  Mysteron obviously has close ties to the band and has stated that the record is done. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

« Reply #644 on: January 04, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »

Wink
Mysteron obviously has close ties to the band and has stated that the record is done.?

Yeah. He saw them on MTV. Once. In 1993. Wink

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #645 on: January 04, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »

Could you elaborate on your reasoning? This looks like it could be yet another misreading of this statement, and that just wouldnt do. dear me no siree.

Depending on your reasoning, however, i may have to apologise.

My point is that official word from the band has not been sent out. No letters from Axl, no statements from his people. If the record is really within a month or two of release, I think the band would have put out something more official than some random e-mail. I mean, give me a break. These guys all decline to talk about CD whenever they are asked. Why would one of them just fire off an e-mail saying, "Yep it's done, and the record company has it" when for years they have ducked, dodged and flat out avoided the subject in interviews and such?

No, if it is close to release, the band will let us know through official channels.?

I'm still struggling with what this has to do with axl's statement, which said that as n when theres a new date, we will be notified. it said nothing more and nothing less. I do understand your doubt about fortus saying this tho.

Why is there such a debate on this topic still? Mysteron clearly stated that the record is done and the ball is now in the record company's hands. Axl is not going to annouce a release date again until everything has been worked out with the record company. No one is willing to guess how long this might take, understandably so because if they fail to meet that date everyone will scream bloody murder. Hopefully the record company and the band can expeditiously move on and agree to terms and we can have CD in our stereo's as soon as possible. So stop trying to figure out what Richard meant. Mysteron obviously has close ties to the band and has stated that the record is done.

I dont believe Mysteron has said it is done as such, i believe he was somewhat more vague than that. Personally, i set little store by him, because he is never more than vague, tho i know i go against the grain there.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #646 on: January 04, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »

Mysteron obviously has close ties to the band and has stated that the record is done.?

Then it shouldn't be any problem to clarify:

1. The album is recorded
2. The album is mixed
3. The album is mastered
4. There is nothing that GNR can do right now in order to finalise the release date.

The problem with vague statements is they can be interpreted in so many diffrent ways which I guess is why we end up with 30 page threads about not much at all.

Here today...ready to rock
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #647 on: January 04, 2008, 12:34:34 PM »

1. The album is recorded
2. The album is mixed
3. The album is mastered
4. There is nothing that GNR can do right now in order to finalise the release date.

The problem with vague statements is they can be interpreted in so many diffrent ways which I guess is why we end up with 30 page threads about not much at all.

Not really. Mysteron enjoys being vague. i guess his ego needs it. But as long as we believe the email story, it is quite clear - and not at all vague - what Richard fortus said.

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #648 on: January 04, 2008, 12:36:36 PM »

BTW, that Black Label video is one of the lamest music videos I've seen.

Oh. ?Undecided I thought it was very cool. But I guess it's a matter of taste...

I'm sure there will be people who won't like the first music video anyway. I guess what matters the most is that they'd be able to make a video that most fans would want to see time & time again. We're the ones watching "Welcome to the videos" etc... Most people that aren't fans won't watch them after they've stopped playing them on music channels or wherever they play them these days.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

« Reply #649 on: January 04, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »

Yeah!

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #650 on: January 04, 2008, 01:11:52 PM »

If I had to guess I would think the most realistic release date for this yr would be around Rio. I am sure GNR will play Rio. I cant see them playing the same setlist yet again at Rio and on tour in general.

1. The album is recorded
2. The album is mixed
3. The album is mastered

Agreed. I dont think he or anyone else can answer questions 2 -4. I think its safe to assume that the album is recorded and ready for the next 2 steps. Other than that who knows the status of the album. Hopefully its already been mixed and mastered.

Vague statements are made because I dont think hes completely in the know. I think there is a certain amount of speculation. But who knows....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #651 on: January 04, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »

the topic is still going because what else do we have to talk about?

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #652 on: January 04, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

Yeah!

I have a guess about who Mysteron is
but that?s just me

Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: January 04, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »

Agreed. I dont think he or anyone else can answer questions 2 -4. I think its safe to assume that the album is recorded and ready for the next 2 steps. Other than that who knows the status of the album. Hopefully its already been mixed and mastered.

Album is recorded. Del James said it in February ! Whether it's mixed etc. who knows. But with so many rumors, I'd like to bet that a complete, mixed package of 12-15 songs has been handed to record company.

Perhaps they are figuring should they release all the recorded material in a big shining ammunition box, 4 cds + demos  Grin
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #654 on: January 04, 2008, 03:25:47 PM »

Why so much to-do about this little email anyway?  It's a 4-word response, and does anyone know for sure that Richard really sent it?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #655 on: January 04, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »

Why so much to-do about this little email anyway?? It's a 4-word response, and does anyone know for sure that Richard really sent it?

No, no one does. but its very significant if he did.

OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #656 on: January 04, 2008, 03:51:25 PM »

not really. We've little hints and responses and tidbits from various guys in the GNR camp over the years and its never materialized into anything.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #657 on: January 04, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »

not really. We've little hints and responses and tidbits from various guys in the GNR camp over the years and its never materialized into anything.

i see your point, but no one has ever said its in the hands of the label before.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #658 on: January 04, 2008, 04:13:53 PM »

yea I thought mysteron was talking about volleyball.  hihi Ambiguity is fun.

No one except the poster and Richard can be really sure but seeing as how it's not denied, I'd figure it's far legitimate than kerrang.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #659 on: January 04, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »

yea I thought mysteron was talking about volleyball.? hihi Ambiguity is fun.

Yeah funny  Tongue

Wish i could be bothered to dig up the quote, and the post to which Mysteron was replying.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: