Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R To Rock Rio Lisboa In May/June 2008?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R To Rock Rio Lisboa In May/June 2008?  (Read 24563 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:47 AM »

Personally I have some nice memories of seeing GN'R for the first time on the 2006 tour in the warm Lisbon night.

/jarmo

me too, me too!  ok haha

Me three! Great times. It was the first time I ever saw Guns live. Will remember that forever. Best night of my life definitely.
A great night indeed!!! Two years ago at this time I was planning the trip.  Had basically 3 months to wait, that day came and went faster than fast, an experience I will never forget no doubt. Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ty182
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 11:26:14 AM »

you guys notice the Axl silhouette?

http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »

That silouette is groovey!  Wink

War is over, if you want it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »

you guys notice the Axl silhouette?

http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/
Let the speculation begin.  Well, I guess it already has.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »

What will happen in 5 days (28/02)?

I can't speak spanish/portuguese (?) but I guess that's what they mean by that ad.

*edit*

Oh, I think they will start to sell tickets on 28/02.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:53:59 AM by Razzberry » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »

What will happen in 5 days (28/02)?

I can't speak spanish/portuguese (?) but I guess that's what they mean by that ad.

The tickets will be available.  Smiley

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »

^LOL you beat me to it. I was using an online dictionary.  Grin
DemocracyRose
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

How long have this silhouette been up? If its just came up, i guess it could mean something... Undecided
Chief
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »

this would be sweet of course.... could be the start of something big!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2008, 04:13:55 PM »

How long have this silhouette been up? If its just came up, i guess it could mean something... Undecided

I don't think it's been there for more than a couple of days...? At least not on the main page.

They could be using it because it's not "really" a picture of Axl and it just looks cool.  (But did they really think we wouldn't recognize him?  Tongue )
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 04:28:51 PM »

Sounds bad ass to better its no where near the US of A lmao but still good news!!!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »

I really hope Axl's gonna' be performing at this gig!!!  yes

If he does show up, I bet he plays a couple of new songs we haven't heard yet!!!  rant

Considering all the rumours as of late, it would be frigging awesome to hear some new stuff from these guys!!!  drool
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

Not sure if we'll see Guns in action again until there's a release date and/or plan of action given to the public.  I'm more sure that we won't hear any NEW songs performed live until then.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 05:16:52 PM »

It'd be great to see Guns out on the road period. But like Faldor said, I'm skeptical whether or not that'll happen without an album. The idea seems to be getting it out and then touring in direct support, but I could be wrong. Some Activity > Little Activity.
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

I don't want to tear anybody's expectations down, but I have an "insider" at the organization and she told me that she hasn't heard anything regarding GN'R.
This doesn't mean it's not possible, as some of these negotiations are held in big secrecy and sometimes only one or two people know what's really going on.
She just told me that they are holding up a BIG BIG name for the night of 28th of February (the night before the start of the selling).
Oh and I remember you that two years ago, GN'R were announced at the last night before the start of selling of the tickets, so we can only hope...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »

Cant see it happening TBH

like the other fellas said on here,

Only when Axl gives us a release date / plan of action
will they then tour again...

I seriously doubt it,

the Big name is probably some shit like Fergie or crap like that

(could it be Led Zep?  rofl be good twas ...)

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »

Its obvious that silouette is of Axl Rose. Why would they have that on their site if their not hinting at the fact Guns will perform or Axl will be making some sort of appearence? At this point its a strong possibility they will be there. Oh, btw, they have toured on and off for the past 7 years without an album release date. I of course hope the album is soon but I can easily see them touring again without the release date being known to the public.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »

Even if the silhouette is him, if you look at the Historical part of the site under '06, Guns N' Roses name is first on the little flash. They could just be using his silhouette because they were one of 2006's biggest performers.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 06:41:41 PM »

Even if the silhouette is him, if you look at the Historical part of the site under '06, Guns N' Roses name is first on the little flash. They could just be using his silhouette because they were one of 2006's biggest performers.

Ya but why advertise a past performer if the performer is not performing? I do understand nothings been confirmed and this is all speculation on my part, but i think having that up gives a hint at what will come not what has happened. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »

Ya but why advertise a past performer if the performer is not performing? I do understand nothings been confirmed and this is all speculation on my part, but i think having that up gives a hint at what will come not what has happened. smoking

their just using past performers to advertise the concert ,
its called marketing, Its been done heaps before...

Im sure we would hear first from guns n ross/axl if they were touring, before we would hear or see a "silhouette of axl"
announcing gnr playing....

Its all just speculation, and I bet this time next week, gnr wont be announced for playing at rir

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: