Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:05:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my night opening for Dizzy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: my night opening for Dizzy  (Read 23276 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »

As far as the picture thing goes, I didn't see it at first but I do now.

sure enough. Welcome to the paranormal state! nervous
thanks god I'm not alone.

It looks like a swordfish to me.

looks like a torso Shocked to me.
I guess (/hope) it's either a snowdrift or a big Benetton ad or something not spooky. 
teamaxl
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »

Isn't that just the clothes store's ad with someone laying down? I can see his/her arm there...

LOL!  Yup, that's exactly what it is.  And that's what I was seeing but I thought it was some random formation in the snow.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure there even was snow that day!  LOL!  It's a sign for the American Apparel store actually.  I thought I was seeing a man's body in that one and it may well be but usually their ads feature the hottest of women (wearing very little clothes of course).  I'm not talking plastic model hot either.  Trust me on this, if anyone here has seen these ads they'll know what I'm talking about!

And thanks again you guys for the positive feedback and welcoming vibes and all.  For real, I appreciate it.  The timing of the show was just kinda funny for me 'cause I had been going through a bit of a Guns things lately.  I had got those unauthorized DVD's ("Sex, Drugs, Rock N' Roll" and "Prettiest Star") as a Christmas gift from my mom and yeah, they turned out to be total crap but I watched them.  That coupled with Slash's book, which I of course read, kinda got me thinking about GNR more and playing with Dizzy sealed it.  I've always kept up with the new songs (which I love) and whatever else is going on with Axl and the band, but lately I've been spending a lot more time looking up stuff both old and new, be it old interviews, relatively new youtube clips I hadn't seen, whatever.  That's what led me here and I'm glad it did.

thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »

All's I really said was how much I was diggin' the new tunes and how successful I thought the album was going to be and Dizzy replied "the album's done dude" and that yes, there's now something going on with the label

Ok I will give props like everyone else too... congrats, etc.  but dude... YOU LITERALLY TYPED "ALL's"........... Hahahah I mean.... I am at a loss for words.... That is even worse than typing "I seen" because at least both words are, well, actual words........ "ALL'S?Huh?"  Huh Huh

hahahah this is really just a joke and i'm not actually trying to be a dick but... just.... i mean... you typed "all's"

Rapture
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2008, 12:06:22 AM »

^How's the sauce treatin' ya buddy?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »

All's I really said was how much I was diggin' the new tunes and how successful I thought the album was going to be and Dizzy replied "the album's done dude" and that yes, there's now something going on with the label

Ok I will give props like everyone else too... congrats, etc.  but dude... YOU LITERALLY TYPED "ALL's"........... Hahahah I mean.... I am at a loss for words.... That is even worse than typing "I seen" because at least both words are, well, actual words........ "ALL'S?Huh?"  Huh Huh

hahahah this is really just a joke and i'm not actually trying to be a dick but... just.... i mean... you typed "all's"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the Chiodos album, see All's Well That Ends Well (album).
All's Well That Ends Well is a comedy by William Shakespeare,

Looks like you'd be wrong about that all's--lol

Now when he says pop instead of soda we'll all laugh.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 02:31:21 AM »

Dizzy replied "the album's done dude" and that yes, there's now something going on with the label (didn't quite catch what he said there and didn't want to press him on it).

"Hopefully it will express my sentiment..."

this should be a t-shirt.

hysterical!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 02:48:15 AM »

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the Chiodos album, see All's Well That Ends Well (album).
All's Well That Ends Well is a comedy by William Shakespeare,

Looks like you'd be wrong about that all's--lol

Now when he says pop instead of soda we'll all laugh.

yea but 'All's' in that context means 'All is' and that doesn't make any sense here

anyways this isnt the Grammar N' Reading board...

teamaxl
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 05:01:37 AM »

Seems kind of an odd little thing to point out or fixate on when I obviously write in a very conversational manner.  That's how I talk and I try to write as I talk.  Obviously it's not proper English, no.  But it is a very common use (or misuse) of that word ("all's I was trying to say....", "all's I said...." etc. etc.).  At least it is here in Chicago anyway.  So it may very well be a midwest thing as cineater inferred or it may be just me.  Regardless, I think I'm pretty good at getting my point across despite the conversational manner I write in, or perhaps largely because of it. 

And yes cineater, we're all about the "pop" here in Chicago.  Don't think I've ever used the word "soda" my entire life.  Smiley   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:06:26 AM by teamaxl » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 10:36:30 AM »

lol  I moved from up by Rockford to St. Louis and thought I had moved to the hillbilly capitol when I heard soda. 

We have to be careful when get into these rules cause Dizzy's wife is a teacher and she'll come along with her red pen and we'll all get marked up.  I'm pretty sure, it's been a long time, but she verified it's Guns N Roses is, not Guns N Roses are.  GNR is singular but lets not get into that discussion!  It goes places you don't want to go.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 10:58:51 AM »

We have to be careful when get into these rules cause Dizzy's wife is a teacher and she'll come along with her red pen and we'll all get marked up.  I'm pretty sure, it's been a long time, but she verified it's Guns N Roses is, not Guns N Roses are.  GNR is singular but lets not get into that discussion!  It goes places you don't want to go.

lucky me I always say GNR is. as in 'all for one and one for all'.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »

And yes cineater, we're all about the "pop" here in Chicago.  Don't think I've ever used the word "soda" my entire life.  Smiley   

Pop? LOL, you northerners!
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2008, 04:23:27 PM »

Seems kind of an odd little thing to point out or fixate on when I obviously write in a very conversational manner.  That's how I talk and I try to write as I talk.  Obviously it's not proper English, no.  But it is a very common use (or misuse) of that word ("all's I was trying to say....", "all's I said...." etc. etc.).  At least it is here in Chicago anyway.  So it may very well be a midwest thing as cineater inferred or it may be just me.  Regardless, I think I'm pretty good at getting my point across despite the conversational manner I write in, or perhaps largely because of it. 

ah fine.  you're right.  i'm sorry.  the fact that you write like you speak is pretty sweet, i think. 

yeah, re: "soda vs. pop,"
i felt the same shock when i moved from new hampshire to michigan for a few years... soda was "pop" and lollipops were "suckers." The first time I was asked by this girl I worked with if I wanted a "sucker" i was pretty excited.

Rapture
teamaxl
Opening Act

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 08:18:27 PM »

Thanks man.  No harm, no foul as they say!

And yeah, much like soda, I don't think I've ever used the term lollipop.  Rarely, if ever.  They've always been suckers ever since I can remember.  I can see how that could be misconstrued though....  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:20:19 PM by teamaxl » Logged

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 09:45:41 AM »

I'm so sick of anyone and seemingly everyone who meets Axl or the band that uses the line..."I didnt want to upset them by asking about the album" like they are some crazed lunitic about to go off at the very notion of the topic. Newsflash ...They are just humans like everyone else!!!! and the seem pretty cool at that. I actually cant imagine anyone not asking about the Album ....It has to be expected comon, its past the point of rediclious.

In fact every time i read "oh I didnt want to upset so and so by asking when the 14 year overdue album will come out" it makes me wanna barf...like your talking to some demi god that will crush your being for asking such and annoying absurd question.

Comon people grow some nuts and say and ask  whats on your mind.....after all Im pretty sure gnr adhers to that sort of idialogy .....dont you think?

Dude thats not the point. We don't ask because its stupid to ask. We all know the answer they are going to give. And lets face it. They are sick and tired of everyone asking. Would you like it if someone came up to you at work and asked you the same question 50 times a day? Its mind numbing. It isn't like they can do anything about it.
peace out
amyl

Exactly.  You gotta figure these guys are asked about it on a daily basis and have been for years and it's got to get old after awhile.  Especially given the fact that Dizzy and some of the other members may not even know what's going on behind the scenes when they're not on tour.  Not on a daily basis anyway.  There's also only so much about that they are probably even willing to get into with people outside their circle anyway, which is totally understandable.  I felt a little funny about even bringing up "Estranged" let alone the whole "Chinese Democracy" thing and probably wouldn't have had I not started getting so buzzed.  And that's simply because I don't want to be "that guy" ya know, and I said as much at the time.  Like it's one thing to give somebody props and tell them you're a big fan or whatever, but you don't want to start bombarding people with questions about that shit upon first meeting them.  At least I don't.  And that's why I didn't push him on it.  I fear I may have been a bit of an ass as it is by getting so wasted, but I know what you guys mean.  Ain't like they haven't all been there, I'm sure! 

As far as the picture thing goes, I didn't see it at first but I do now.  Just the formation of the snow on that roof I guess, but I think I see what you mean....  Smiley

Yah I get where your coming from since you were playing on a bill with the guy, I can understand your rational.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: