Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227809 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Plans For 08?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Plans For 08?  (Read 8298 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »

Same thread diff. name.  I think all GN'R websites should shut down until cd comes out.

LOL. I had a few long drinks and started writing something, and then realized I could get banned for what I was about to say. So I'm just gonna say it like Axl would: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHY DID YOU COME? Have you no self control at all? Just stop reading. It's your choice!

crying  Roll Eyes

Your drinking in the morning?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »

Tongue
that's an early start lol.

the one an only horsey !
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »

Nothing like watching the Sun come up with a bottle of your favorite booze.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
ben9785
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

I'd love for GNR to get back on tour, but at this point I think they've covered the world on tour, based on "Hey, were still here, come out and hear Axl sing the classics, and oh yeah, check out these new songs, more to come".

I think we need official confirmation of imminent release of the album, not just a release date, but a official recording of a new song. Not necessarily as an 'official single', even just a streaming download on the GNR website kind of like "exclusive brand new GNR song from the forthcoming album" (which i guess should probably be "Better" or "Madagascar" since most people are familiar with those songs) Then they should release some sort of a documentary or an EPK (i think thats what they call it) on their website, which is kind of a press kit with interview clips of the band, and clips of studio versions of new tracks, and then they can go on a tour, and whatever other promotional/marketing leading to the release of a single (iTunes exclusive or whatever) and then the album
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »

You know, even putting a single up on iTunes would allow some $$$ to start being generated for the album, as well as to build interest for the (eventual release).  However, if the problem is allegedly that no label wants to take the financial risks associated with the album, then nothing can happen until that particular (and substantial) stalemate ends, correct?  Sheesh.
ben9785
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

Yeah bazgnr, thats right from what I've read.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2008, 04:17:05 AM »

Same thread diff. name.  I think all GN'R websites should shut down until cd comes out.

LOL. I had a few long drinks and started writing something, and then realized I could get banned for what I was about to say. So I'm just gonna say it like Axl would: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHY DID YOU COME? Have you no self control at all? Just stop reading. It's your choice!

crying  Roll Eyes

Your drinking in the morning?

It was Thursday night on this side of the Globe.  smoking But yes, one can also drink in the morning. Been there, done that.  Wink
Megaguns
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 05:48:57 AM »

im sure that the plan is to release it this year, cmon people.... it is the first time that it has been confirmed as done by a reliable source....

i think    beer
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »

Um... I'm just very, very confused right now.  confused
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »

Now I'm not trying to start anything, and I don't believe this will happen, but Keith Roth (DJ on Sirius) just gave his thoughts on GNR for '08.  Now again, he has no inside knowledge or anything, don't wanna freak anyone out.  He feels that the breakup of Velvet Revolver/STP reunion will happen.  Chinese Democracy will "hit plastic" (whatever that means) in the summer.  And the old band will reunite and play sold out stadium shows.  Personally, I don't see why Axl would release an album with the band he's been working with the last few years, then just revert back to the old lineup.  Doesn't make any sense to me.  Don't know if the DJ truly believes it either.  Most likely just trying to fill up airtime.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »

Wasn't there some kind of info that hinted at a South America tour in the latter half of 2008?

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 06:10:48 AM »

Now I'm not trying to start anything, and I don't believe this will happen, but Keith Roth (DJ on Sirius) just gave his thoughts on GNR for '08.  Now again, he has no inside knowledge or anything, don't wanna freak anyone out.  He feels that the breakup of Velvet Revolver/STP reunion will happen.  Chinese Democracy will "hit plastic" (whatever that means) in the summer.  And the old band will reunite and play sold out stadium shows.  Personally, I don't see why Axl would release an album with the band he's been working with the last few years, then just revert back to the old lineup.  Doesn't make any sense to me.  Don't know if the DJ truly believes it either.  Most likely just trying to fill up airtime.

Sounds like a joke to me, or maybe he has no clue of what he's talking about.  no
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2008, 06:50:03 AM »

Sounds like a joke to me, or maybe he has no clue of what he's talking about.  no

Well I can see where he's coming from...

1. Scott Weiland has said in the Miami Herald that the STP reunion will happen and an announcement will be made within the next few months - probably after the Velvet Revolver upcoming European tour. That means, at least temporarily, that VR will be put on hold.

2. Slash has said he is going to work on a solo album amongst other things over the next year or so.

3. Brain has rejoined Buckethead.

4. Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus have rejoined Pisser and have announced a few shows.

5. Bumblefoot is back in the studio working on his new solo album due for release 2008.

6. Dizzy's been back for a few shows with Hookers N Blow.

So where does that leave us? Well it means that the majority of the current members of GnR are going off doing their own things, while VR is coming to an end leaving the majority of old GnR with nothing going on and everything falls into place nicely for a reunion!

That said... I don't believe it will happen.

Ever.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »

Excuse the ignorance, but I thought Brain was working with Serj Tankian now.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »

Excuse the ignorance, but I thought Brain was working with Serj Tankian now.

I think all 3 of those have all worked together on projects before too
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 09:49:21 AM by CheapJules » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 09:38:12 AM »

I think the members on new GNR will always do projects on the side, Weiland will probably go back to VR eventually (STP has imploded several times before)-I think none of these things have any impact on original GNR reuniting

libertad
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »

And what else is there to do as a musician, if there's no tour at the moment and the recording for CD is done? It doesn't mean they can't do some gigs etc to promote the album if it's out this year.

BTW, don't you guys think Bumblefoot should release his solo album after CD? It'd do much better in my opinion, people would be much more aware of it, if you know what I mean...
And don't be a smart ass and say that he wants it out before 2050.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: