Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77054 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »

I think sometimes Jarmo, U don't try to see the point of view of fans who haven't had the priviledge of being a guest at shows who havent had the priviledge of sitting backstage and watching shows from the best seats in the house.

Its easier for you because you have been around it, U know there are great things to be optimistic about.

I even think its possible u have heard CD

But for the rest of us, from time to time it does get frustrating.

Some people bitch just to bitch but there are some who aren't like that and feel sometimes bitching is valid.

Sometimes a band needs to see their fans are pissed and upset to kind of knock them in gear.

If they think the fanbase is indifferent, they won't feel as compelled to do shit.

Positive or negative, the band should hear and acknowledge their fanbases opinion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »

seems like some green eyed monster is running about.

Yeah, me too.  Gn'R is my favorite band, and it's cool to come to a message board to talk (or read, mostly, in my case) and not have to read the negative crap so many people feel the need to put out day after day after day.  Or at least, if they do, I get the pleasure of reading their smackdown.

Totally.  yes besides, when new fans come I don't want them to be told how the band sucks axl is an asshole guys in the band are hired don't deserve respect kinda craps and got flamed for praising the band by those 'real' fans. would be very discouraging for the fans that were blown away at recent concerts. will be very uncomfortable for the fans the upcoming album will win.
Some of them are watching the forums as we speak.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »

Where did you get this idea from?

Oh wait. Now it makes sense!

I must've heard it because I remain positive! Riiiight......

The truth is, the other alternative sickens me. It makes no sense to me to give up when you're on the home stretch. Just like TRUE fans of the NY Giants aren't giving up before the Super Bowl has been played because everybody else thinks they have no chance of winning it anyway.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »

Where did you get this idea from?

Oh wait. Now it makes sense!

I must've heard it because I remain positive! Riiiight......

The truth is, the other alternative sickens me. It makes no sense to me to give up when you're on the home stretch. Just like TRUE fans of the NY Giants aren't giving up before the Super Bowl has been played because everybody else thinks they have no chance of winning it anyway.  peace

/jarmo
How come the superbowl statement ?
Because the is this guy on cd.com saying that gnr are going to do 30 sec promo in the second half or some shit.

Thanks Giant Robot...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2008, 06:29:44 PM »

Because it happens tomorrow and the teams keep trying to get there all year. Some players try to get there their whole careers....

Also because a friend of mine knows what it means to be a true fan of the NY Giants....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »

Because the is this guy on cd.com saying that gnr are going to do 30 sec promo in the second half or some shit.

If I had a dollar for everytime "some guy" said he had 30 seconds/1 minute/full version of a GNR song from the Chinese Democracy sessions I would have a couple million dollars.

Bored 12-year olds with too much time on their hands. Do we need to go over this every year? There's not going to be a super surprise GNR show during the SuperBowl or a commercial. End of story.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2008, 06:48:38 PM »

If I had a dollar for everytime "some guy" said he had 30 seconds/1 minute/full version of a GNR song from the Chinese Democracy sessions I would have a couple million dollars.

Bored 12-year olds with too much time on their hands. Do we need to go over this every year? There's not going to be a super surprise GNR show during the SuperBowl or a commercial. End of story.
Ok i know !!!!
I was just trying to see if it linked with jarmo post. no harm in trying ?
And also it isnt a show i was talking about ! No point being such a prick about it.

Thanks Giant Robot...
Olorin
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

Because it happens tomorrow and the teams keep trying to get there all year. Some players try to get there their whole careers....

Also because a friend of mine knows what it means to be a true fan of the NY Giants....

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy Sta..r.......   Oh hell, never mind Lips Sealed
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: February 02, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Something I was trying to say in that one thread which turned into a huge bashfest was just basically, I don't know the new members.

Jarmo, u have probably been around these guys, u have spoke to some of them, u were able to get a connection that 99 percent of us on here havent been able to.

I connect through music, but really, Im not going to be able to truly connect with these guys until the CD comes out.  I need to hear their music, some interviews etc, learn about them, what they like, don't like etc.

Right now, thats the only thing stopping me from getting truly connected to this band the way i want.

I think there is a big difference between trolls coming here and stirring up shit just because and long time posters who get a little critical and want to ask tough questions.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #289 on: February 02, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »

I think there is a big difference between trolls coming here and stirring up shit just because and long time posters who get a little critical and want to ask tough questions.

Same questions year after year. And when you ask them to think and try to come up with possible explanations, they get defensive throwing insults around....

Having a positive outlook and open mind is frowned upon. Taking bullshit gossip for the truth and having a negative outlook based on your own frustrations, is considered being a true fan....

I don't need to "connect" with people to be able to respect them.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:22:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »

Thats just it though, I don't know any true fans/posters who take rumors as truth and frown upon people that are positive.

I think its understandable certainly in the world of GNR to get frustrated from time to time.

Didn't Axl even say something in his press release saying he understood people's frustrations and if u need, take some time away and hopefully we will see u down the road or something?

So I think its 100 percent legit for a true fan to every once in a while get frustrated. Its still being a true fan, cause if u werent a true fan, u wouldn't give a shit therefore u would never get frustrated.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »

Didn't Axl even say something in his press release saying he understood people's frustrations and if u need, take some time away and hopefully we will see u down the road or something?

Yeah, and we all understand it.

Yet we don't understand why these people don't take that advice and take that break from all the frustrations that they have to put up with because they're true GN'R fans.....

/jarmo

Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »

Having a positive outlook and open mind is frowned upon. Taking bullshit gossip for the truth and having a negative outlook based on your own frustrations, is considered being a true fan....

/jarmo
If someone has a open mind doesnt that mean that they will be open minded about rumours or gossip because they might consider it to have some truth or trying to find somthing to be positive about the possiblity of that rumour being true as long it is in a positive mannor.

Thanks Giant Robot...
Olorin
« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2008, 07:39:33 PM »

Same questions year after year. And when you ask them to think and try to come up with possible explanations, they get defensive throwing insults around....

/jarmo

You mention having an open mind, but you seem to be pigeonholing people who use this site. It is possible to discuss the comings and goings of GN'R without the intent  of starting an argument or being a "troll".

Adults should be able to discuss things reasonably, have their opinion heard and hear the opinion of others.
It doesnt seem right that you are stopping the game saying:

"Its my ball, you play it my way or you can just go home"

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

Something I was trying to say in that one thread which turned into a huge bashfest was just basically, I don't know the new members.

I connect through music, but really, Im not going to be able to truly connect with these guys until the CD comes out.  I need to hear their music, some interviews etc, learn about them, what they like, don't like etc.
How can you call yourself a "true fan" when you admit you know zero about the band members?  Just about all the GNR band members have done interviews talking about themselves and their music and their likes/dislikes.

It's funny how you consider yourself a musician and you know nothing about what the GNR band members have contributed to the history of music.

Exactly what are you a true fan of?  Can't be their music because you say you haven't heard any of it. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »

You mention having an open mind, but you seem to be pigeonholing people who use this site. It is possible to discuss the comings and goings of GN'R without the intent  of starting an argument or being a "troll".

Adults should be able to discuss things reasonably, have their opinion heard and hear the opinion of others.
It doesnt seem right that you are stopping the game saying:

"Its my ball, you play it my way or you can just go home"

If you constantly think the worst of the band you claim to support, I don't think you're being particularly open minded or positive.

I'm stopping the game? Damn right.

We have people who admit they see no problems going on and on with the same shit year after year.

I don't need that here!

Maybe you think that's normal and fun. I don't.

You're free to associate yourself with any kind of crowd you want. I'm not stopping you.

I'm saying that I don't need to surround myself with the kind of people who are trying hard to put me down, because I refuse to join their little club of disgruntled true fans.

I can't believe I have to do this week after week because you people refuse to fucking accept that you have no control over how I choose to run the site I started in 1996.

For all of you who keep questioning me WEEK AFTER WEEK. What's your reason?

Do you honestly think I'll wake up one day and realize "Hey, they're right! I should let them talk shit about GN'R because they're so unhappy about certain aspects of the band! It's only right that I let them turn something I worked on for years to shit because they obviously are upset! Why didn't I see this before!?!"?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:57:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2008, 07:55:13 PM »

jarmo, if you want to run your site as a censored newspaper, then thats all fine and dandy because its your house. however, let everyone know that this site is NOT a place for open discussion and a place to come and agree or disagree with other. The thing is, most people dont know that this site is constantly censored, so they are only reading one point of view . so, there should be some large disclaimer in bold lettering so the people know that there is only one point of view allowed here and that point of view is yours. and your are perfectly allowed to do that because this is your kingdom. just be open and honest with everyone and not just the people who called you out on this thread...

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »

jarmo, if you want to run your site as a censored newspaper, then thats all fine and dandy because its your house. however, let everyone know that this site is NOT a place for open discussion and a place to come and agree or disagree with other. The thing is, most people dont know that this site is constantly censored, so they are only reading one point of view . so, there should be some large disclaimer in bold lettering so the people know that there is only one point of view allowed here and that point of view is yours. and your are perfectly allowed to do that because this is your kingdom. just be open and honest with everyone and not just the people who called you out on this thread...

Don't be silly.  This whole thread is a bunch of people disagreeing.  Most of the censoring has to do with people acting like assholes or completely false statements about the band...not with differences of opinion.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gav
« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2008, 08:00:51 PM »

FFS give it a rest fellas!!

At the end of the day it's just an album.
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »

Don't be silly.  This whole thread is a bunch of people disagreeing.  Most of the censoring has to do with people acting like assholes or completely false statements about the band...not with differences of opinion.

im sorry to disagree with you. im new here and i have had my posts deleted and the posts were just fact or opinion posts...not trying to start any problems and i know it has happened to many others. again, its his house, so he should be open and honest with everyone about how he censors it. i hear and respect your post, i just disagree with it....

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: