Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!  (Read 39874 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »

I'm not doubting YOU would enjoy it, you're obviously a big Izzy fan.  But you have to look at the fact that Izzy Stradlin as a solo artist hasn't really caught on.  Duff hasn't either, nor Slash.  You put them together you've got a good start, but you still need a dynamic front man.  I don't doubt they'd make some good music together, but in my opinion they'd be missing a BIG piece to the puzzle.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2008, 09:44:29 AM »

Even though i like Velvet Revolver i will be happy to see them break up. It puts me one step closer to seeing Izzy live. I think if Velvet does breakup that Izzy will go on tour with slash, duff & matt & will play songs from all eras, almost like a camp freddy type thing.

Izzy hasn't done a big tour since like 1993.

But he did offer to roll out and go on tour when he was playing with The Project, it's just the others that declined.

If they (Izzy/Slash/Duff/Matt) would go on tour and release an album and all I don't think that would be a long term thing though.. but it still would be great. I'd be satisfied with just new material having the Slash/Izzy/Duff combo. Can't go wrong there..

Hopefully Slash will release his solo album, he said it would contain some stuff he did with Izzy right before The Project started.
As much as I respect Slash, Duff, and Izzy, I don't think they could do much without Axl.  Or at least without a lead man in general.  I know Duff and Izzy can sing a little bit, and all are outstanding musicians but without a REAL lead singer, not much going on there.

I don't know about that. I have always really liked Duff and Izzy's vocals. Obviously they're not on the same level as Axl's or anything but I still would have been happy had either one of them been the singer for VR. And I am a fan of Scott's voice, but it's not like he really has much range where anything woulda been too different had Duff/Izzy been the singer. Look at a song like "Do it for the kids" and Izzy's "Bomb" from Like a Dog. Essentially the exact same riff, I always guessed it was written during the project sessions when Izzy was still involved. But is DIFTK any better than Bomb cause of the vocals? I really don't think so.

Yeah I agree. If Velvet Revolver didn?t have Scott Weiland as its singer, it wouldn?t be that known worldwide or have that much of a success.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2008, 11:07:23 AM »

Even though i like Velvet Revolver i will be happy to see them break up. It puts me one step closer to seeing Izzy live. I think if Velvet does breakup that Izzy will go on tour with slash, duff & matt & will play songs from all eras, almost like a camp freddy type thing.

But he did offer to roll out and go on tour when he was playing with The Project, it's just the others that declined.

If they (Izzy/Slash/Duff/Matt) would go on tour and release an album and all I don't think that would be a long term thing though.. but it still would be great. I'd be satisfied with just new material having the Slash/Izzy/Duff combo. Can't go wrong there..

Hopefully Slash will release his solo album, he said it would contain some stuff he did with Izzy right before The Project started.
As much as I respect Slash, Duff, and Izzy, I don't think they could do much without Axl.  Or at least without a lead man in general.  I know Duff and Izzy can sing a little bit, and all are outstanding musicians but without a REAL lead singer, not much going on there.

I don't know about that. I have always really liked Duff and Izzy's vocals. Obviously they're not on the same level as Axl's or anything but I still would have been happy had either one of them been the singer for VR. And I am a fan of Scott's voice, but it's not like he really has much range where anything woulda been too different had Duff/Izzy been the singer. Look at a song like "Do it for the kids" and Izzy's "Bomb" from Like a Dog. Essentially the exact same riff, I always guessed it was written during the project sessions when Izzy was still involved. But is DIFTK any better than Bomb cause of the vocals? I really don't think so.

Yeah I agree. If Velvet Revolver didn?t have Scott Weiland as its singer, it wouldn?t be that known worldwide or have that much of a success.

i disagree, here in england, Guns N Roses have a hell of alot more credit then Stone Temple Pilots,  when on about VR everyone knows it because its got members of gnr in it.

so i disagree on the point that they needed scott.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2008, 02:58:43 PM »

Maybe they didn't NEED Scott Weiland, but he's a better lead man than Duff  or Izzy.  That's my opinion, and I'm sure most would agree.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2008, 03:37:31 PM »

i disagree, here in england, Guns N Roses have a hell of alot more credit then Stone Temple Pilots,  when on about VR everyone knows it because its got members of gnr in it.

so i disagree on the point that they needed scott.

My point is that they need a famous singer so that their band is known worldwide... Slash?s Snakepit didn?t have as much popularity as Velvet Revolver does, the same going to Loaded... you get what I mean?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2008, 11:23:40 PM »

I'm not doubting YOU would enjoy it, you're obviously a big Izzy fan.  But you have to look at the fact that Izzy Stradlin as a solo artist hasn't really caught on.  Duff hasn't either, nor Slash.  You put them together you've got a good start, but you still need a dynamic front man.  I don't doubt they'd make some good music together, but in my opinion they'd be missing a BIG piece to the puzzle.

I agree that their much more popular due to Scott. People outside here in the states I don't think realise how big STP was during the 90's over here, so that I agree with. I am just saying if Duff and Izzy were on vocals I don't think the songs would have suffered from a strictly quality aspect. Plus I don't know how much musically Scott contributes so I don't think you would lose much there. On a majority of STP's work, especially the older stuff, scott is only credited with lyrics while the deleo bros. wrote almost all the music.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2008, 11:29:46 PM »

Every band has its 'Dark Horse'. I wonder how much George Harrison got credited with.

War is over, if you want it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: