Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next  (Read 35782 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« on: February 15, 2008, 06:13:59 PM »

I say get new singer.  I still like Kid Rock, but whatever.  Time to start thinking of future.  I want a real rock singer if does happen.  I hope band can keep together, but if not, we need plan B. 
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

Kid Rock with these guys would be a laughing stock really. I think Slash is going to go solo , Duff is going to focus on family life and keep some projects kicking , matt will do random gigs and dave will go back into hiding. I still think someday Slash , Duff , and Izzy will share a stage once more with Axl.... so i see that happening in the future future... But as I said I think it will be like 95-02 again lol
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:26:13 PM »

I've heard the Kid Rock in VR thing before, don't know if it was from you or not.  Is that really feasible?  I mean why would Kid Rock join VR?  He's doing fine on his own isn't he?  I think VR needs Kid Rock much more than he needs them.  Doesn't he sell out shows on his own?  Why would he join a band that has less of a following than the band he's in now?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »

Guys, you are right!!!!!!!!!!  I just like Kid's rock and roll attitude and he proved to me on his last album he can really sing.  Plus he does have star power.  But lets face it, Kid is huge, still, he doesn't need VR.  But a one off show with him would be amazing.  He is a great showman.  And he is a legitimate rock singer!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »

I think Slash solo record would be cool, but he can't tour behind that really, could he?  I can't beleive Scott has this much impact that if he leaves, everyone else is dead in the water.
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 08:31:52 PM »

I think Slash will play with whomever he can. lol. Duff will do what he did after leaving GN'R, hopefully get Loaded back together like it seems is gonna happen. A Neurotic Outsiders gig here and there would also be great. Sorum will do the occasional gig with Slash, Duff or Gilby. Dave Kushner is the guy that has got the worst end of this. Hopefully he can get a new gig , he is a helluva guitarist. Hell maybe Scott will get his shit together again and they will make another record after this STP things runs its course. I cant really see the Deleo brothers putting up with all of that drug shit again. It seems to me that Duff has had his share of it aswell. I do hope for his kids if anyone Scott can get himself well.

I also agree that sooner than later, Duff, Izzy , Slash and Axl are gonna share a stage. Maybe not even a full on tour maybe just show up someplace and jam. Stranger things have happened.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:22:41 PM »

Chris Cornell?

Just throwing another name out there.

Haven't heard that rumor anywhere but he was good with Soundgarden and Audioslave. He's doing solo stuff now isn't he?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »

Chris Cornell?

Haven't heard that rumor anywhere but he was good with Soundgarden and Audioslave. He's doing solo stuff now isn't he?
Yeah he is.  He was on Stern awhile back and he seemed happy being solo.  Not sure he'd want to join another "supergroup". 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:40:38 AM »

If this were to happen, I certainly hope all the other guys don't go back to where they were before.  I've gotten a taste of Slash & Duff together again, which is the best (for me), and along with Matt (which is awesome).  And I like Dave. These guys kind of belong together, dammit!  If it ends, fine, but this was kind of an awesome concept, here.  For good or for bad. 

What do I think would REALLY happen?  Slash will go on, probably do the solo thing next and eventually another band.  Duff will go back to his family and small gigs with small Seattle bands.  Matt will do session things with whomever.  Dave will be back to before - hopefully might get some better gigs just because of this.  I hope that all doesn't happen.  I don't even want to really think about it....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 03:08:49 AM »

Get a new singer obviously, but I don't see it happening. They'd all just go their separate ways, I suppose.

Fuck 'Em All.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 03:33:31 AM »

Now don't get me wrong, I love Kidd Rock. However, I just don't see him in Velvet Revolver. He seems to like being on his own.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 03:43:21 AM »

Who ever came up with Kid Rock, here, in the first place?  Are you out of your mind?  That's the last choice, I think! 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 05:32:13 AM »

Chris Cornell?

i think tom morello said something about chris likes it more when he's the center of attention with a backing band or something
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Cornell is losing his voice - check out any Audioslave and solo bootlegs*. On top of that, if he were to join, he may want to play Audioslave songs at gigs...no thanks!

i think tom morello said something about chris likes it more when he's the center of attention with a backing band or something

I remember reading that somewhere too. Guitar World? Cornell was great in Soundgarden but I could fertilise fields with the dung he has produced since - including most of what he did with Audioslave.

Nice idea, though. He is a supersinger without a supergroup, after all. But I really hope not!

*This is bound to rustle some feathers. Just what I think, that is all.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »

I could see them possibly firing Weiland some day, it depends on how much patience they have-I honestly don't see him reuniting with STP full time-I believe in the press release for Rock on the Range either Robert or Dean said something to the effect of "the time we are about to spend together", which sounds like probably just the summer-I think Scott will always have issues with drug abuse, and it seemed like the the brothers from STP had even less patience with him than VR ever would-I think the last tour with STP ended with Scott almost getting into a fistfight with one of them

libertad
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »

Who ever came up with Kid Rock, here, in the first place?  Are you out of your mind?  That's the last choice, I think! 

I don't think you have anything to worry about lol. When and if they start talking about new singers for the band I'm pretty sure his name won't even come up.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 07:59:10 AM »

fuck kid rock, that would be fucking hilarious "YEAH IM A HICK MOTHERFUCKER, I REP THE ROCK SO THE ROCK CAN ROLL!!! GIMME A SOLO SLASHIE-BIZZLE"

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 08:34:47 AM »

fuck kid rock, that would be fucking hilarious "YEAH IM A HICK MOTHERFUCKER, I REP THE ROCK SO THE ROCK CAN ROLL!!! GIMME A SOLO SLASHIE-BIZZLE"

dude, KR is ok man ok

although i wouldn't love seeing him with duff,

i've posted a list of frontmen a couple of times. so won't do that and i have talked about what could happen next too so i should stop type now
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »

Damnit!!! I am the fucking idiot that said I would love to hear VR and Kid together!  Its my fault!  I just love his voice in a rock setting, its dirty and gritty just like Slash and Duff.  But anyway, its unrealistic.  I know this.  THEY NEED TO KEEP VR GOING.  I watched the Rock AM show from about a year ago.  They are a kick ass band.  Scott is the weak link. Period.  This band deserves a class a singer.  I like Scott, but there are better.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »

Damnit!!! I am the fucking idiot that said I would love to hear VR and Kid together!  Its my fault!  I just love his voice in a rock setting, its dirty and gritty just like Slash and Duff.  But anyway, its unrealistic.  I know this.  THEY NEED TO KEEP VR GOING.  I watched the Rock AM show from about a year ago.  They are a kick ass band.  Scott is the weak link. Period.  This band deserves a class a singer.  I like Scott, but there are better.
Don't be so hard on yourself.  I like Kid Rock too.  I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with Slash and Duff.  But yeah, it's not gonna happen.  He has no need for them.  Maybe they could collaborate for a few songs, but it would go no further than that.  Maybe before Kid got big, but not in this day.  It's okay to have your own personal dream scenarios.  I'm just afraid this one ain't coming true.

As for what happens with VR.  I'm sure they're getting a little tired of Scott's recurring problems.  Their patience is probably wearing thin.  Duff seems to have a lot of "other" interests.  Music could become a secondary thing for him.  But I think Slash has got a lot left to offer, and the drive.  He loves to play, and will play with anyone but I think he loves being in the spotlight too.  So I'd expect him to try to hook up with a known commodity.  I know there's been rumors that the band has fired Scott already, but I don't believe them.  I don't believe they're ready to call it quits just yet, though they might be close.  I think they'll give Scott time to clean up his act, AGAIN, do his time with STP and see if there's still something there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: