Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Confirmed For Dubai Desert Rock Fest
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Confirmed For Dubai Desert Rock Fest  (Read 3380 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 14, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For DUBAI DESERT ROCK FEST - Dec. 14, 2007

According to Phride.com, VELVET REVOLVER has been confirmed for next year's Dubai Desert Rock Fest, set to take place March 7-8, 2008 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

VELVET REVOLVER ? which consists of former GUNS N' ROSES legends Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, along with former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS vocalist Scott Weiland ? will perform at the event on the "rock day," March 8. The band is expected to play its hits along with classic STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and GUNS N' ROSES songs.

VELVET REVOLVER will be supported by South African rockers SPOONFEEDAS.

Two to three additional bands are expected to be announced soon for the "rock day" ? including the headliner ? and two more for the "metal" day.

Dubai Desert Rock Fest billing is shaping up as follows;

March 7, 2008:

KORN
MACHINE HEAD
NERVECELL
SLAPSHOCK

March 8, 2008:

VELVET REVOLVER
MARKY RAMONE
SPOONFEEDAS
SLAPSHOCK
JULIANA DOWN

From Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »

From Phride.com

If you do not live in Dubai and would not be able to make it to next weekends mammoth event, you can check out the LIVE COVERAGE on dc101.com, an american radio station that would be covering the event for all to enjoy. (http://www.dc101.com/pages/eitm.html)

For now - get ready for the years biggest event, prepare your sunscreens, wear your goth outfits that dont seem so out of place there, put on your 'Guns n' Roses' shirts and come out and party with us at this years DUBAI DESERT ROCK 2008 !!

See you all there

lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:02:34 PM »

pretty cool if you are a vr fan.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:20:53 AM »

From Phride.com

For now - get ready for the years biggest event, prepare your sunscreens, wear your goth outfits that dont seem so out of place there, put on your 'Guns n' Roses' shirts and come out and party with us at this years DUBAI DESERT ROCK 2008 !!

See you all there

One from the 06/07 tour should go down a treat with Scott.  Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:59:20 PM »

VR Blog

Just Landed in Dubai

Hey Rockers,

Just Landed in Dubai. This place is so cool. And wild. Dubai is a long way from California. Have been flying over 24 hrs after a stop in Frankfurt, Gernmany Can not wait to Rock tomorrow. Play a big Festival here with The Muse. Then we head up to Dublin for two gigs, then over to England, Scotland finishing up in Belgium, Germany and Amsterdam.

Scott is healthy and ready to rock. We are all ready to get back on stage and play for all you fine people. See you rockers soon.

Have fun,
Matt Sorum

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »

Im NOT happy being a Aussie fan!!!     rant

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 01:11:43 AM »

im happy that the band is still together

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »

Fall to Pieces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1peCxqAsY

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:22 AM »

Dubai Learns How to Rock; Velvet Revolver Headlines Desert Gig

Review by Zainab Fattah

March 11 (Bloomberg) -- This is a music festival with a difference. The stage boasts two large plastic camels dressed in fatigues and bearing guitars. Rock has come to Dubai's desert.

Music doesn't get much louder and hotter than this. U.S. bands Velvet Revolver and Korn, along with British act Muse, made a lot of noise for the two-day Dubai Desert Rock Festival. The temperature was in the 70s Fahrenheit. Alcohol sales soared. Some of the fans jumping and pushing each other good-naturedly near the front were learning to love heavy metal at their first gig.

``This concert rocks!'' Maher Mohammed yelled above the music and through his fake long, curly hair, aping his idol Slash, lead guitarist in Velvet Revolver.

The sandy gulf emirate of Dubai is more often associated with high-rises and brand-name shopping than ``head banging'' in time to heavy rock. The weekend festival sent crowds wild in the suburban setting of a mall arena. It's one of the projects hosted in Dubai to further the emirate's image as a destination attractive to Western tourists and businesses.

Mohammed, a 28-year-old Palestinian civil engineer who designs roads for the Dubai government, was decked out in a top hat like that sported by Slash, the former Guns N' Roses star.

`Awesome' Show

``This is awesome. I've been a fan of hard rock and heavy metal since I was a teenager but I never imagined I'd see Slash perform live here,'' Mohammed said.

Drugs are strictly forbidden in the United Arab Emirates, of which Dubai is one sheikhdom, and public displays of affection between the sexes are usually frowned upon -- the concert had a near-equal split between men and women.

Fans paid between 350 dirhams ($95) and 250 dirhams for tickets for the festival, which also featured Machine Head and As I Lay Dying.

``This is refreshing,'' said 18-year-old Cathy Philpott, who came from Sharjah, a neighboring emirate. ``It's something different that makes Dubai more exciting and gives us an outlet to express ourselves.''

``We had people come from France, Kuwait and other countries,'' said Mathilde Montel, a public-relations manager at Dubai-based Center Stage Management. The organizers estimate about 10,000 people showed up each day.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: