Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:11:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next  (Read 35695 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »

The STP reuinion was confirmed but now they've been taken off the list of participating bands on the Rock on the Range website.  So I guess it's still up in the air.
I'm on that site right now, and both their picture and name are still there... Huh

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »

The STP reuinion was confirmed but now they've been taken off the list of participating bands on the Rock on the Range website.  So I guess it's still up in the air.
I'm on that site right now, and both their picture and name are still there... Huh

It was the Rock Fest where they were confirmed but later removed...not Rock on the Range.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA and BOSTON are among the confirmed bands for the Rock Fest 2008, set to take place July 17-20 in Cadott, Wisconsin.

http://www.rock-fest.com/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »

I personally think they will try and stick with Scott.  I am in the minority but i have always liked Scott. I was pretty excited when it was announced he was gonna be in a band with Duff, Slash etc.  I never really got into STP until the 'Tiny Music' album was released. That is a great album. Weiland more or less abandoned the "grunge" type of vocals on that album and he really showed how versatile of a vocalist he was. That in turn got me interested in there previous albums. Back on topic, i think if Scott for whatever reasons doesn't come back to VR i think they will call it quits. I just dont see them going through all of that again as they did before Scott. It was pretty apparent on the VH-1 special they were exhausted from it. I for one am pretty excited about this new Loaded album and tour. I have always been a big fan of Duff and Loaded's album 'Dark Days' is probably my all time favorite album (hence my screen name). Getting a chance to see them live would be the ultimate for myself. I also liked what i heard from Duff on the interview posted here that was done with his wife. Taking bass lessons to change his playing, etc. I could tell he was going for a different style on Libertad and the tour, Until that album and tour i dont ever recall Duff playing without a pick and he did quite alot on the Libertad tour. That was also mentioned by his wife in the interview.

I would like to hear what they recorded prior to Scott joining the band with other big vocalists that stopped by Mates Rehearsal Studios to help them jam out with a singer. Izzy of course, Gilby, Steve Jones, Joe Elliott from Def Leppard, The Cult's singer, etc.  That stuff would really be interesting to hear.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »

It was the Rock Fest where they were confirmed but later removed...not Rock on the Range.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA and BOSTON are among the confirmed bands for the Rock Fest 2008, set to take place July 17-20 in Cadott, Wisconsin.

http://www.rock-fest.com/

Sorry about that, I stand corrected.  I thought the fact they were taken off the list was because there was some doubt to whether they were getting back together, but if they're still on for Rock on the Range, I guess it's all still a go.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »

The thing is, VR has always sounded a lot like STP, which is to say that the lyrics and musical style fit Scott. If VR were to hire another singer I am not sure that any of the music would fit. The songs seem natural to Scott and the way he sings and moves. I just can't see another singer fitting with the music as it is, so VR would have to change who it is. I don't think a new singer could do the songs off the first 2 albums. So I would say stick it out with Scott until and unless it becomes impossible.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 12:02:18 AM »

The thing is, VR has always sounded a lot like STP, which is to say that the lyrics and musical style fit Scott. If VR were to hire another singer I am not sure that any of the music would fit. The songs seem natural to Scott and the way he sings and moves. I just can't see another singer fitting with the music as it is, so VR would have to change who it is. I don't think a new singer could do the songs off the first 2 albums. So I would say stick it out with Scott until and unless it becomes impossible.

I see what you're saying, but there has been bands in similar situations who have gone on to success. John Bush sounded nothing like Joey Belladonna and Anthrx still made some cool tunes with him. Plus the whole Vanhagar thing.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »

Maybe its time Slash, Duff, Izzy (or Gilby), Sorum (or Adler) hit the road an call the band Guns N'Roses.

Hello lawsuit!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »

Its time Scott returned to STP, as thats wehere he belongs.

Maybe its time Slash, Duff, Izzy (or Gilby), Sorum (or Adler) hit the road an call the band Guns N'Roses. All they need to do is find a lead singer with the voice and the balls to perform such a role. The lead singer from Slash Snake Pit (It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere) would be ideal, as he sounded great. They'd probably sound more like Guns N'Roses than Axl's band.

Let's not go down this road in this thread, please refrain.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:37:01 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »

What about Daughtry?

I kind of like some of his stuff he has out, and he did that one song with Slash.

It is an idea.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »

What about Daughtry?

I kind of like some of his stuff he has out, and he did that one song with Slash.

It is an idea.

Have you seen Daughtry's sales? I'm not sure he really needs these guys either.

My guess is that the band would get a new singer but I don't know how you could still call it Velvet Revolver.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 05:43:59 PM »

What about Daughtry?

It is an idea.
Then they'd be nothing but a pop-rock band writing songs for the sole purpose of making cash. I REALLY don't want to see these guys do something like that.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »

What about Daughtry?

It is an idea.
Then they'd be nothing but a pop-rock band writing songs for the sole purpose of making cash. I REALLY don't want to see these guys do something like that.

If they ever made a CD with Daughtry, I'd buy two of them.

One to shit on and one to wipe my ass with.

Ali
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

I just think we should wait and see.  I've expressed my annoyance at Scott lately here, but I still think VR rock and I'd like to see them keep going.   We'll see.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:10:30 AM by Falcon » Logged

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »

What about Daughtry?

It is an idea.

If they ever made a CD with Daughtry, I'd buy two of them.

One to shit on and one to wipe my ass with.

Ali

^ I doubt they'll ever do some stupid shit like that , I mean Slash didn't even want to play at Key Club with Izzy and Co so yeah. Anyways Ali wins for post of the month lmao!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 05:46:09 AM »

My guess is that the band would get a new singer but I don't know how you could still call it Velvet Revolver.

Perhaps they could change the name of the band to 'Silky Revolvers and Tulips'??  Shocked  confused
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 08:34:57 AM »

The big thing about VR is the dynamic between Scott and Slash/Duff. Can't see anyone filling his shoes and still call it VR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GeraldFord
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »

I think the future of VR really depends on how well the STP reunion shows go. If they draw huge crowds and the band gets along great, I think it?s possible that they could reform. That said, I think at this point, Weiland would be lucky to have another album that sells more than 3-400k, whether it?s with VR or STP
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 12:38:12 AM »

Just watched the Carrie Underwood clips of her doing paradise city, if Scott leaves, get her ass in VR!! They would be huge!!!!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 01:06:14 AM »

She'd have to gargle bleach like Josh Todd to get her voice raspy enough. rofl

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 04:21:29 AM »

get her ass in VR!! They would be huge!!!!

Does not compute Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: