Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next  (Read 35694 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RxwEA3PAvw

wow, I would love here in my band.  She can fucking sing!  May matt could finally find a girl and bone the singer?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »

May matt could finally find a girl and bone the singer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RxwEA3PAvw

wow, I would love here in my band.  She can fucking sing!  May matt could finally find a girl and bone the singer?

If Wieland were replaced, I would think that they would want someone that could write.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »

lol personally I think she sucks.... she?s just another Jessica Simpson type of a country singer... and what?s with having to play like 2/3 gnr songs in every set? doesn?t she have enough good songs of hers to play and get her crowd excited? lol...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »

lol personally I think she sucks.... she?s just another Jessica Simpson type of a country singer... and what?s with having to play like 2/3 gnr songs in every set? doesn?t she have enough good songs of hers to play and get her crowd excited? lol...

Ines, don't be so harsh.  Jessica Simpson isn't country.  ha!  Carrie is DINO Mite!  Let Duff and Izzy write the lyrics.  Who gives a fuck.  He is beautiful, has attitude, has range.  3 things weiland doesn't possess.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 06:17:16 PM »

Ines, don't be so harsh.  Jessica Simpson isn't country.  ha!  Carrie is DINO Mite!  Let Duff and Izzy write the lyrics.  Who gives a fuck.  He is beautiful, has attitude, has range.  3 things weiland doesn't possess.

lol Scott ain?t beautiful...ok...is VR supposed to be a rock band or a boysband? now im slightly confused... yeah, maybe I was too harsh but still, I can?t see what the big deal with this girl is, and what?s the difference between her and all the others that pop up every year, sell a bunch of albums, and then dissapear...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 07:25:20 PM »

lol Scott ain?t beautiful...ok...is VR supposed to be a rock band or a boysband? now im slightly confused... yeah, maybe I was too harsh but still, I can?t see what the big deal with this girl is, and what?s the difference between her and all the others that pop up every year, sell a bunch of albums, and then dissapear...

Ha!!!!  Ines, I meant to type SHE is beautiful, not He.  I think I just want to stare at her for 2 hours while I rock out. 

Now, if they made her over, she could be a rock singer like Nancy Wilson is. 

Fine, just like my Kid Rock idea, this one is stupid too.  Please somebody, name another singer!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2008, 08:25:45 PM »

Fine, just like my Kid Rock idea, this one is stupid too.  Please somebody, name another singer!

lol I have to agree with you on that!  hihi

There are no other singers... without Scott there?s no point having VR... they can start another project over, but no way I see VR surviving with another singer.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2008, 03:16:31 AM »

ive always been one of the ones who is the hardest on Scott Weiland...but I dont think he should be fired or replaced....if he tours with STP this summer that doesnt mean he is leaving VR...I really hope VR puts out a third record...i was not the biggest fan of libertad but I would buy their next record in a heartbeat...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »

ive always been one of the ones who is the hardest on Scott Weiland...but I dont think he should be fired or replaced....if he tours with STP this summer that doesnt mean he is leaving VR...I really hope VR puts out a third record...i was not the biggest fan of libertad but I would buy their next record in a heartbeat...
I think that's what will ultimately happen.  As stated before, Scott has all the power in this situation.  The rest of the guys are just gonna have to wait it out and do their own thing until Scott is either ready to reconvene or decides to stick with STP.  In the meantime they can all do their own things, but I wouldn't expect any decisions on the future of the band to be made.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »

i like STP.. .but weiland just doesn't do much for me as hte VR front man.  they need a rock singer.. not a gunge alt frontman.   i don't really have great suggestions.. i would have loved to see Josh Todd in the band..   maybe the guy from silvertide.. or i think they should go with an unknown guy.. i'm not worried about finding someone that can write.. some of scott's shit was completely ridiculous.  I was pulling for bach.. but that sure won't happen now that he is axl's number 2
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2008, 03:50:01 PM »

I remember the Nirvana thing. I don't know the details, but I know there was some legal wrangling over the name. I think some money changed hands, and the 60s band allowed the 90s band to use the name.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

I remember the Nirvana thing. I don't know the details, but I know there was some legal wrangling over the name. I think some money changed hands, and the 60s band allowed the 90s band to use the name.

beer

Basically that's what happened it came down to the $ , I doubt Slash would ever want to be in a band with the names Guns and or Roses in the same breathe , and Axl magically giving the right to is down right hilarious.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »

IIRC, in the Cobain bio, it's mentioned that they paid $200,000 to the first band to use the name after the latter sued them.

Fuck 'Em All.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2008, 10:44:42 AM »

It makes a huge difference when no one has ever heard of the original band.  That wouldn't be the case with Guns.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »

It makes a huge difference when no one has ever heard of the original band.  That wouldn't be the case with Guns.

I had heard of the original band, and I'm fairly sure their record company had too. What exactly are you saying? That it is only possible with bands YOU don't know?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »

Isn't Chris Cornell looking for a gig?

On the Nirvana thing:  The Cobain incarnation paid the 60's incarnation somewhere upwards of 200k to settle the lawsuit filed by the 60's incarnation.

Whether the suit, ultimately, would have succeeded or not is debatable.  It was just cheaper to pay them off than fight it.

Guns n Roses, though, would be an easier suit to deal with, IMHO.  It's not simply one word.  And, to boot, if the original members were involved in the project, they couldn't exactly plead "ignorance" as a defense.  Indeed, they'd be opening themselves up to a WORLD of (civil) hurt if the legal system sided with the Axl lead incarnation.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:05:19 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »

Isn't Chris Cornell looking for a gig?

I don't think he's interested in another "super group" right now especially since he seems to be enjoying having a solo career.

The whole idea that some of you are still discussing the possibility of Slash and company using the GN'R name, which doesn't belong to them, is ridiculous.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »

IF and it's a big IF Weiland leaves to reform STP full time then Slash should call up Sebastian Bach and give him the job........like he should have in the first place!

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »

IF and it's a big IF Weiland leaves to reform STP full time then Slash should call up Sebastian Bach and give him the job........like he should have in the first place!

I really don't think that would happen, and if it would, I don't think Baz would take the job.

Ali
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2008, 07:47:48 PM »

I'm no legal person, but I wonder if the law see's it as a set of words and nothing more, or does meaning behind the words count for much?

The Temptations tour with all replacements while the only surviving member can't use the name for his act, and there are other examples out there. The law is clear on this subject. Band names are legally recognized property.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: