Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Be Honoured At MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Be Honoured At MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert  (Read 8341 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 20, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

ALICE COOPER, SLASH To Be Honoured At MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert - Mar. 20, 2008

The fourth annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert, honoring legendary artist Alice Cooper and renowned guitarist Slash, will be held on May 9, 2008, at The Music Box @ Fonda, 6126 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, Calif. All proceeds will benefit the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation. The benefit is sponsored in part by the Gibson Foundation.

Cooper will be honored as the recipient of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award for his dedication to and support of the MusiCares MAP Fund and his devotion to helping other addicts with the recovery process. Slash will be the recipient of the MusiCares From the Heart Award for his unconditional friendship and dedication to the mission and goals of the organization.

"The issues of addiction and recovery have been front and center this past year," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy and President of MusiCares. "And our annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit draws attention and raises funds to support the critical resources we offer members of the music community from all walks of life who may be struggling with addiction. We thank Alice and Slash for being strong supporters of our cause ? it's more important now than ever before."

The evening will feature a buffet dinner and a special performance by BLIND MELON (Glen Graham, Brad Smith, Rogers Stevens, Christopher Thorn and Travis Warren). In addition, there will be a performance by the all-star group CAMP FREDDY (Chris Chaney, Donovan Leitch, Billy Morrison, Dave Navarro and Matt Sorum) along with some special guests. The evening will also feature special performances by Cooper and Slash. A range of other artists and guests will be announced shortly. Out of respect for the clients the MusiCares MAP Fund serves, the event will be alcohol-free.

"When I got sober more than 20 years ago, the MusiCares MAP Fund did not exist," said Cooper. "It's so important that musicians and other music industry people have access to the kind of resources MusiCares and the MAP Fund provide and I'm proud to be honored this year and help raise funds to support this significant work."

"There are specific challenges to being sober in the music world, but for individuals who have addiction problems, every story has a common thread," said Slash. "And that is the first step to recovery is to ask for help ? for music people, the MusiCares MAP Fund provides that assistance."

Tickets are offered at three price levels: floor placement in a private living room grouping of 10 for $12,500; floor seating for $1,000 each; and balcony seating for $100 each.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN, WAYNE KRAMER To Perform At MUSICARES MAP FUND Concert - May 1, 2008

Wayne Kramer (MC5), Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER) and Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) have been added to the list of performers at the fourth annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert honoring legendary artist Alice Cooper and renowned guitarist Slash. The event will be held on May 9, 2008, at The Music Box @ Fonda, 6126 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, Calif. All proceeds will benefit the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.

Alice Cooper will be honored as the recipient of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award for his dedication to and support of the MusiCares MAP Fund and his devotion to helping other addicts with the recovery process. Slash will be the recipient of the MusiCares From the Heart Award for his unconditional friendship and dedication to the mission and goals of the organization.

Wayne Kramer, Duff McKagan and Chad Smith will perform with CAMP FREDDY (Billy Morrison, Chris Chaney, Donovan Leitch, Matt Sorum and Slash) along with Chester Bennington (LINKIN PARK) and Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK). The evening will also feature a special performance by BLIND MELON and a very special performance by Alice Cooper and Slash. Out of respect for the clients the MusiCares MAP Fund serves, the event will be alcohol-free. Balcony seats are available.

Blabbermouth.net

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »

Some additional info from www.billymorrison.net/weblog

Also this week is the MAP Awards. Another pretty crazy day of rock and roll for Camp Freddy, but this time honoring two of Rock's REAL Royalty for their outstanding and unwavering contributions to the Musicians Assistance Program and their help in the field of addiction. Slash and Alice Cooper. We will be playing a five song set at the Awards Show and will be joined by a few friends to help pay tribute to Slash and Alice. I believe we are doing a couple of songs with Steven Tyler, with Chester Bennington, with Jerry Cantrell and Wayne Kramer, with Robin Zander, and of course Slash will be getting up with us along with his band mate, Duff McKagan. Thats a lot of people on one stage! Looking forward to being part of a very valuable and important organization and being able to contribute to the evenings celebrations.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »

More info regarding tonights MAP benefit from www.billymorison.net/weblog

"So today we take our good selves down to the Henry Fonda Theater in Hollywood, to perform at an Awards Show that is honoring Slash and Alice Cooper. We are happy to be able to take part, and I am looking forward to our five song set. Dave is in Vegas, so Slash is playing all five songs with us, and we will be joined by Steven Tyler, Chester, Billy Duffy, Jerry Cantrell, Duff McKagan, Robin Zander and Wayne Kramer. Yep - more Rock N Roll extravaganzas, and all in the name of sober musicians. I will give you a full rundown of the show when I finally recover from these couple of days. I'm thinking (and hoping!) that I will sleep all day tomorrow and wake up in time for Camp Freddy Radio with Dave on Saturday. Tune in and I'll see you there."

Billy

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »

More info regarding tonights MAP benefit from www.billymorison.net/weblog

"So today we take our good selves down to the Henry Fonda Theater in Hollywood, to perform at an Awards Show that is honoring Slash and Alice Cooper. We are happy to be able to take part, and I am looking forward to our five song set. Dave is in Vegas, so Slash is playing all five songs with us, and we will be joined by Steven Tyler, Chester, Billy Duffy, Jerry Cantrell, Duff McKagan, Robin Zander and Wayne Kramer. Yep - more Rock N Roll extravaganzas, and all in the name of sober musicians. I will give you a full rundown of the show when I finally recover from these couple of days. I'm thinking (and hoping!) that I will sleep all day tomorrow and wake up in time for Camp Freddy Radio with Dave on Saturday. Tune in and I'll see you there."

Billy

I am seeing Chester's name a lot with Duff and Slash's..........   Hmmmmm... Me likey.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »

I am seeing Chester's name a lot with Duff and Slash's..........   Hmmmmm... Me likey.

Chester's a part of the Freddy extended family, I wouldn't read anything else into it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »

Chester's a part of the Freddy extended family, I wouldn't read anything else into it.

he just happens to play on a lot of the songs with Duff and Slash....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 06:29:36 PM »

Pulls 'em off pretty damn well I might add. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »

Pulls 'em off pretty damn well I might add. yes

Well, I know he is in LP, but fuck, they should us CF for some loose auditions.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »

Well, I know he is in LP, but fuck, they should us CF for some loose auditions.

Do not be surprised if Billy Morrison does vox on a VR tune sometime during one of the 3 remaining shows... Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 10:50:10 AM »

ALICE COOPER, SLASH Honored At MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert; Photos Available - May 10, 2008

Legendary artist Alice Cooper and renowned guitarist Slash were honored at the fourth annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert last night (Friday, May 9) at The Music Box @ Fonda in Hollywood, California.

Alice Cooper was honored as the recipient of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award for his dedication to and support of the MusiCares MAP Fund and his devotion to helping other addicts with the recovery process. Slash was the recipient of the MusiCares From the Heart Award for his unconditional friendship and dedication to the mission and goals of the organization.

Wayne Kramer, Duff McKagan and Chad Smith performed with CAMP FREDDY (Billy Morrison, Chris Chaney, Donovan Leitch, Matt Sorum and Slash) along with Steven Tyler (AEROSMITH), Chester Bennington (LINKIN PARK) and Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK). The evening also featured an appearance by BLIND MELON and a very special performance by Alice Cooper and Slash.

Check out photos from the event:

* Wire Image: Red Carpet, Green Room, Show
* Film Magic
* Getty Images
* Xinhua

Photos here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=96726

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »

Are there any videos yet?

Can you guys tell me more about this organisation? I mean... whats its purpose?
An organisation that helps with recovery? And they give awards for people who go to rehab more? It´s like accepting drugs as part of rock n roll life, instead of preventing and showing that people can do music and be successful without being all drugged out...
I just dont get it...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:59:22 PM by Ines_rocks! » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »

Are there any videos yet?

Steven Tyler inducts Slash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfxOJ_4Xc0

A couple of short clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1TLFoLkV3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLLPnuGIEQ

Credit to zint61

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 08:08:41 AM »

thanks  Wink

btw... I didnt like Slash's speech at all... He could have prepared it a little more but he's more a man of the guitar, not of the talking. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:20:22 AM by Ines_rocks! » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 02:48:45 PM »

A few more details from Billy Morrison and www.billymorrison.net/weblog

Finally I have to say that the MAP Awards show we played was amazing. A HUGE thanks to Patrick Cornell, who came down with me and shot a few killer photos for me during the soundcheck. Thanks Patrick - you rock!! We played five songs - Surrender (with Robin Zander), Gonna Raise Hell (with Robin Zander and Wayne Kramer), I'm Eighteen (with Chester Bennington and Billy Duffy), Mama Kin (with Steven Tyler and Duff McKagan) and Whole Lotta Love (with Steven Tyler and Jerry Cantrell). Dave was unable to be at the show, so Slash stepped in and played lead with us on all the songs. Alice Cooper and Slash were honored with Awards and the whole night was fantastic. Thank you to Harold, Chris, Wynnie and all at MAP for making the evening such a huge success, and thank you for inviting us to be a part of it all.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:15:26 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 03:41:52 PM »

Whole Lotta Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9oKofqdmEQ&eurl=http://www.billymorrison.net/weblog/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 11:58:32 PM »

Chester Bennington, Billy Duffy, Camp Freddy perform Alice Cooper's "Eighteen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui1kVqxCT8M

Slash, Wayne Kramer and Camp Freddy perform Cheap Trick's "Gonna Raise Hell"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZpY2SJjMU4
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:00:04 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:46 AM »

The more I hear Chester the more versatile he becomes.  I think he would do great with VR.   you know they have thought about it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:36 AM »

The more I hear Chester the more versatile he becomes.  I think he would do great with VR.   you know they have thought about it.

i'd love to hear chester sing slither.. don't think he'll ever leave LP though, but i'd be alright if he did for joing VR Wink
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »

i'd love to hear chester sing slither.. don't think he'll ever leave LP though, but i'd be alright if he did for joing VR Wink

Jules, I don't follow LP much.  What is their status?  I think he likes performing with the guys and he has a really cool voice and he seems pretty humble.  I know LP is huge, but could there be a tiny possiblity he does it as a one off project?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: