Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 171433 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2008, 12:31:48 AM »

I didn't see this answered, if it is I missed it, but is the Dr pepper can with the gnr logo real or fan-photoshopped?  and if it is real, is that 9/9/08 date what dr pepper thinks is the release date?

Fake.

People who are already thinking Axl will appear in ads etc need to read the first post again before getting "too excited".

The band didn't know about this.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2008, 12:32:17 AM »

hey guys, i saw this on another board, don't know if its photoshopped or not. (look at the bottom of the can)

That gave me a great big belly laugh, thanks.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »

Haha it's the first ever 3-D soda can.  Complete with a flat logo that sticks out on rounded edges!!!  When Dr. Pepper and GNR come together, you better damn well believe that innovation and creativity are going mach three.  rofl

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »

If the band truly didn't know of this, and if DP did this out of goodness of heart expecting no financial benefits, than yes, this is cool as hell.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2008, 12:36:22 AM »

Ya, but the drink still tastes the same and ain't that great.  Had one today and was full after 3 sips. 

GNR are the huge winners here. Dr. P is almost "exploiting" GNR to sell more Soda.  They may have an initial response and it may prove to be a big campaign.  In the mean time, this is BIG for GNR if DP is serious about pushing them.  Bud Lite, or Miller Lite would have been a much bigger move.  However, you don't have to be 21 to drink Dr. Pepper.

Ridiculous. It's called marketing.

hihi

Pepsi paid Michael Jackson, and Coke paid Michael Jordan.  Is DP paying Guns N Roses?

Who cares?Huh?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »

That is one awesome looking can.

The band may not have initially had any part or idea of this campaign, but that doesn't mean they can't contact dr pepper and make a huge promotional campaign out of this.

I think it would be an awesome idea, I think Axl's legacy and credibility has been supplanted long enough now where he doesn't have to worry about losing any cred.  I think this is great business sense and I can't really find any negatives in this.

There are tons of ways to do it that would make it great. Like the Free Download of the first single in every 12pack or case etc.

I don't think GNR have to appear in any Dr pepper commercials. I mean I dont want to see Axl and Robin sitting around sipping on Dr peppers before going onstage, but I think u can do it in another way to make it cool.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2008, 12:42:11 AM »

Cool press release.

Good thing I'm not a DP fan - if CD is released in 08, they're going bankrupt!  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »

Maybe Dr. Pepper need Guns N' Roses more than Guns N' Roses needs Dr. Pepper?  I tend to think Chinese Democracy could be huge regardless.  Dr. Pepper may just be trying to tie in with them.  Free loading of GNR kind of.  I am just looking at all sides.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »

Any press is good press.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2008, 12:43:12 AM »

Maybe Dr. Pepper need Guns N' Roses more than Guns N' Roses needs Dr. Pepper?  I tend to think Chinese Democracy could be huge regardless.  Dr. Pepper may just be trying to tie in with them.  Free loading of GNR kind of.  I am just looking at all sides.

Shakes head....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2008, 12:43:38 AM »

Cool press release.

Good thing I'm not a DP fan - if CD is released in 08, they're going bankrupt!  rofl

its almost an impossible promise... Ha!  Maybe they know its not coming out, so free marketing and don't have to give a way one can of Dr. Pepper.  Brilliant!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:11 AM »

By the way it sounds, I think there's a hot shot executive who really digs GN'R, and it kinda snowballed from there.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2008, 12:45:14 AM »

Any press is good press.

I agree... By why in this recession, would you bank on GNR for your marketing scheme?Huh  It doesn't make a lot of sense right now, I am sure it will with time.  Its great for GNR though.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2008, 12:45:45 AM »

It's funny how this discussion is now being entertained by this board.  Prior to Axl's response this thread was deleted upon post.  Fn pathetic Kiss
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2008, 12:46:33 AM »

That is one awesome looking can.

The band may not have initially had any part or idea of this campaign, but that doesn't mean they can't contact dr pepper and make a huge promotional campaign out of this.

I think it would be an awesome idea, I think Axl's legacy and credibility has been supplanted long enough now where he doesn't have to worry about losing any cred.  I think this is great business sense and I can't really find any negatives in this.

There are tons of ways to do it that would make it great. Like the Free Download of the first single in every 12pack or case etc.

I don't think GNR have to appear in any Dr pepper commercials. I mean I dont want to see Axl and Robin sitting around sipping on Dr peppers before going onstage, but I think u can do it in another way to make it cool.

For sure, you could have teens going to a GNR show, driving and sipping, Dr. Pepper, while the radio is playing"Better"..   while before they go show pro shot clips of the band at home they are watching on "illegal" downloaded presumably  gigs... and getting to the venue and passing a pepper, to a friend getting out of the car, and then say "this is legal".lol We cant be thrown out for this.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2008, 12:47:53 AM »

This is so wild, it just may work.  I respect the creativity.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2008, 12:48:34 AM »

Any press is good press.

I agree... By why in this recession, would you bank on GNR for your marketing scheme?Huh  It doesn't make a lot of sense right now, I am sure it will with time.  Its great for GNR though.

Because most GN'R fans will buy a lot of soda?  That will definitely boost your quarterly profits.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 12:50:21 AM »

It's funny how this discussion is now being entertained by this board.  Prior to Axl's response this thread was deleted upon post.  Fn pathetic Kiss

People who can read understand the reason.

Coming to a message board without basic comprehension skills. Fucking pathetic.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »

Any press is good press.

I agree... By why in this recession, would you bank on GNR for your marketing scheme?Huh  It doesn't make a lot of sense right now, I am sure it will with time.  Its great for GNR though.

Because most GN'R fans will buy a lot of soda?  That will definitely boost your quarterly profits.

Ya, you are right.  If CD is released, that is huge for DP.  If not, they don't lose much.  So its got a good risk/reward ratio!
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: