Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 171358 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2008, 11:07:43 PM »

Look for 'specially marked cans featuring gnr related graphics and 'codes' pretty soon' .... seriously!  beer

Viral marketing starts now!  ok

This will probably be tied into a late May to early June release of the album.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2008, 11:08:08 PM »

I don't buy it.

I bet we're going to get a press release from Dr P denying that they are involved in it.   Or at the very least, if we see Chi Dem we won't see free Dr P.

I don't believe that it's sourced from Dr P.

you cant be that stupid, I mean cmon, can you read

go to www.gunsnroses.com

or their gnr myspace

AXL CONFIRMS IT,

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE PRESIDENT?

You fucking dumbass. Smiley GNR and Dr P are not the same.

I haven't seen anything official from Dr P to confirm that they issued it, that was my point.  I'm not doubting Axl's comment.  I'm doubting that it's ACTUALLY from Dr P.  

And hey, I hope I'm wrong.  Time will tell.  So yes, a press release from Dr P or even the president of Dr P.

and Jarmo has confirmed this

I just doubt its from Dr.P I haven't seen anything official from them.

It's linked from brandspeoplelove.com. A domain owned by the Cadbury Schweppes company.

http://www.brandspeoplelove.com/csab/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Click Newsroom and News Releases.

/jarmo

so what more do you need?

I just dont know why people cant be positive and happy for guns when soemthing good happens, I mean what are you afraid of?
Progress...

I stand corrected.

However - Jarmo's post was made after mine.   It's not a case of being happy or not for GNR.  It's a case of not getting my hopes up after fuck knows how many years.  And that's not a rag on the band either, I just choose to be skeptical.   GNR fans are rabid for rumours and with the amount of over analysis and excitement that gets generated when Axl takes a dump or appears in public, I have every right to be.

So if it's all official (and it appears that it is) then it's great news.   It doesn't bring us closer to the release as far as I can tell, but it's still better than NO publicity.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »

this is very strange. who on the board found this and how did he/she tumble upon it , just curious.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:13:26 PM by lakersaregreat » Logged

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

so this is for real?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »

What if album is released only because of Dr. Pepper.  What bench mark does that send?   Roll Eyes  So every time fans want something, some company pushes a big promotion?  Interesting, could be the future.  I am surprised nobody tried this with a Led Zeppelin Reunion tour.  
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

IF the GNR camp are involved...what a unique and effective way of letting EVERYONE know the album is dropping.  If CD does come out, you'd imagine every local radio station and most local news programs would mention the free Dr Pepper.

I think the diehards should get a free can of Bodingtons.   beer

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:48 PM »

If you think about it, and get over the fact its a soft drink promotion, this will be huge and plastered on every news channel. Can you imagine how big this will be if they actually do give out free Dr. Peppers? I don't know how they'd go about it, but this will be HUGE.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »

hey guys, i saw this on another board, don't know if its photoshopped or not. (look at the bottom of the can)

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2008, 11:20:23 PM »

so this is for real?

It's on the Cadbury Schweppes web site as I mentioned earlier.

What if album is released only because of Dr. Pepper.  What bench mark does that send?   Roll Eyes   

That's just ridiculous.

The only thing this can do is make more people aware of GN'R and the album.

It doesn't mean every album will get released only after there's a sponsor behind it.

hey guys, i saw this on another board, don't know if its photoshopped or not. (look at the bottom of the can)

Looks fishy. Especially the old 2002 coloring of the logo.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2008, 11:21:15 PM »

I like it even if it was photoshopped. Looks kick ass.   I would buy 10 cases of GNR  Dr Pepper!!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »

this is very strange. who on the board found this and how did he/she tumble upon it , just curious.

This was posted this morning on Blabbermouth.com Jarmo knew about it HOURS ago, i posted it and it was deleted, only once he heard from Beta/Axl that it was legit or something worth ocmmenting on did he allow it to stay up
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2008, 11:23:52 PM »

If you think about it, and get over the fact its a soft drink promotion, this will be huge and plastered on every news channel. Can you imagine how big this will be if they actually do give out free Dr. Peppers? I don't know how they'd go about it, but this will be HUGE.

Hey, this is great promotion for Dr. Pepper.  Just look at the whole "free taco" promotion last year by Taco Bell during the World Series.  Everybody in the US got a free taco after the first stolen base in the series, lines at taco bell were deep down the street on that day.  This is how they do it these days.  Let's hope it happens.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2008, 11:25:12 PM »

This was posted this morning on Blabbermouth.com Jarmo knew about it HOURS ago, i posted it and it was deleted, only once he heard from Beta/Axl that it was legit or something worth ocmmenting on did he allow it to stay up

thanks axl in lafayette. nice job getting the news first, even if you were deleted at the start!

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »

wow i initially assumed this was an April Fools joke but it would be pretty cool if it helped in some way make the album release a reality
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2008, 11:28:47 PM »

smishkey found it on AOL's blog.

That was the first post here about it.

Readers of the NY Post might've seen it in their Page Six section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »

photoshopped 100%

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »

at least this means axl is thinking of releasing the album this year

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »

at least this means axl is thinking of releasing the album this year

When were you led to think otherwise  Huh

It's the same thing with people thanking Mysteron like he is some kind of a messiah for saying Axl is concentrated on putting the album out. Of course Axl is...Has been pretty serious for the last 2.5 years at least with the clear intention to put it out each of those years....We don't need people to tell us that or remind us that every day because somehow you see plans might have changed and the latest plan might be to NOT put the album out.......People should really start feeling more secure, less dependent, and use common sense every once in a while..... yes

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2008, 11:47:18 PM »

Wow! great news. their marketing campaign worked on me ... now if you will excuse me, I have to go to the store.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 11:52:02 PM »

So what do we make of this?  I called Schwepps today, like many others, and was told:

1)  The marketing program was leaked early;
2)  This was a joint promotion between Dr. Pepper brand and Guns N Roses
3)  Asked for information about where I heard of the promotion and asked for my zip code and phone number so they could contact me with more information

I find the whole thing really odd, but exciting.  The rep I spoke with at Schwepps was definitely trying to get marketing demographic information from me.  I used to do Market Research and Promotions work, but way before a lot of the web-based viral marketing out there today.  Is this simply a ploy by Dr. Pepper or a witty start of promotion for the album?  Weren't we told awhile ago that they were looking for innovative ways to promote the album???

It's either a kooky Dr. Pepper campaign that shows an appetite for GNR in pop culture still exists, or perhaps something larger presaging the release.  Either way, at least it's something!

So here's the question, if the marketing program leaked early then maybe it was actually meant to be an April Fool's joke? Does anyone else think that may be a possibility?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: