Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 170741 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2008, 11:52:50 PM »

I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but I'm gonna.  I can't wait to see Axl in a Dr. Pepper commercial.  Although that would be like a Super Bowl caliber commercial.  It'd have to be aired during some huge event to get maximum exposure.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2008, 11:52:59 PM »

OHHH MYY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS TOO FUCKING COOL MAN!!!!!!! headbanger

this is too fucking perfect in every single fucking way. They're biggest fear was promotion at a low price well the record company and Axl have hit the mother fucking jackpot headbanger

I hate Dr. pepper to no end because i think it tastes like shit but i don't care, Dr. Pepper is the greatest shit ever, WAY BETTER than anything else on earth. Better than weed beer pussy the whole sha-bang-a-band headbanger

CHINESE DEMOCRACY HAS JUST BEGUN headbanger beer smoking

headbanger ..............had to get one more in hihi

peace
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:54:47 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »

So what do we make of this?  I called Schwepps today, like many others, and was told:

1)  The marketing program was leaked early;
2)  This was a joint promotion between Dr. Pepper brand and Guns N Roses
3)  Asked for information about where I heard of the promotion and asked for my zip code and phone number so they could contact me with more information

I find the whole thing really odd, but exciting.  The rep I spoke with at Schwepps was definitely trying to get marketing demographic information from me.  I used to do Market Research and Promotions work, but way before a lot of the web-based viral marketing out there today.  Is this simply a ploy by Dr. Pepper or a witty start of promotion for the album?  Weren't we told awhile ago that they were looking for innovative ways to promote the album???

It's either a kooky Dr. Pepper campaign that shows an appetite for GNR in pop culture still exists, or perhaps something larger presaging the release.  Either way, at least it's something!

So here's the question, if the marketing program leaked early then maybe it was actually meant to be an April Fool's joke? Does anyone else think that may be a possibility?

No. If it was, they would have said it was an April Fool's joke that leaked, instead of leaked. They also would have not said it was a joint venture between the two.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »

I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but I'm gonna.  I can't wait to see Axl in a Dr. Pepper commercial.  Although that would be like a Super Bowl caliber commercial.  It'd have to be aired during some huge event to get maximum exposure.

thats how they can market for CHINESE DEMOCRACY 2.0 headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2008, 12:03:56 AM »

well Axl said that he would "share his" Dr. Pepper with Buckethead..does that mean the record is coming out in 2008? hihi
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2008, 12:11:53 AM »

hey guys, i saw this on another board, don't know if its photoshopped or not. (look at the bottom of the can)

that is soooo fucking cool! but looks fishy as Jarmo said BUT IF IT ISN"T headbanger

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2008, 12:12:41 AM »

well Axl said that he would "share his" Dr. Pepper with Buckethead..does that mean the record is coming out in 2008? hihi
You would think so.  I mean, this is a cute little story and garners attention for Dr. Pepper even if CD doesn't come out.  But of course the ultimate payoff would be for CD to come out, then it'd be great promotion for both GNR and Dr. Pepper.  Both sides would win.  I would think/hope/pray that both sides know of a specific plan in place to at least try to release the album this year.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »

THis is 100 percent legit. I dont see how anyone could say anything remotely negative about this.

Dr Pepper getting their "23" ingredient thing in there proves the shit is legit. Also, Axl isn't gonna respond to something that isn't true.

I do think some people may be reading between the lines a little too much.

Axl saying he will share his Dr Pepper with Bucket is gonna be used by negative naysaying haters if the album doesn't come out this year as a "Promise" from Axl when in fact that isn't what he said. He just said he'd share a Dr P with Bucket meaning his stuff is still on the album *which I am very excited about* and he can always buy a Dr Pepper in 2020 if he wants.

So that is in no way a promise or a guarantee from Axl.

It is, however, always very exciting to hear from Axl.

I think we all *Me the most* need to remember that partly what makes Axl so special, *besides the obvious* is the fact that he isn't a media whore and doesn't overexpose himself. So when he does appear or make an announcement, its really fucking huge.

I think thats in part some of the appeal for all of us still being here all these years.

we can be the most bitter, most ignorant but as soon as Axl speaks we all reunite as one big happy loving group. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2008, 12:17:18 AM »

Good thing I got in line early Spider.  You can call me cute now while looking at my ass from the end of the line.   Grin

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2008, 12:18:58 AM »

I don't think i'd ever drink it, i'd just put in one of those kinda picture frame like things and just put one of the three albums i'm getting in there with a certificate of authenticity and everything headbanger

ps: some very wise words there D i agree 100% ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2008, 12:21:23 AM »

THis is 100 percent legit. I dont see how anyone could say anything remotely negative about this.

Dr Pepper getting their "23" ingredient thing in there proves the shit is legit. Also, Axl isn't gonna respond to something that isn't true.

I do think some people may be reading between the lines a little too much.

Axl saying he will share his Dr Pepper with Bucket is gonna be used by negative naysaying haters if the album doesn't come out this year as a "Promise" from Axl when in fact that isn't what he said. He just said he'd share a Dr P with Bucket meaning his stuff is still on the album *which I am very excited about* and he can always buy a Dr Pepper in 2020 if he wants.

So that is in no way a promise or a guarantee from Axl.

It is, however, always very exciting to hear from Axl.

I think we all *Me the most* need to remember that partly what makes Axl so special, *besides the obvious* is the fact that he isn't a media whore and doesn't overexpose himself. So when he does appear or make an announcement, its really fucking huge.

I think thats in part some of the appeal for all of us still being here all these years.

we can be the most bitter, most ignorant but as soon as Axl speaks we all reunite as one big happy loving group. ok

Amen to that, but its the truth, regardless of wherever , whoever , if you a GNR fan, these things bring excitement, for sure, and thats should only be positive for the band, regardless of the forums and boards , on the net, . I for one hope this is a positive push for US the fans to finally hear what this band has been so long working on. IF it takes a Dr. Pepper, endorsements, so be it. I dont care. I like this great community just want to back and support the band in the end, We know the greatness to come its all we want.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2008, 12:22:44 AM »

Something about this seems so fishy though.  Dr. Pepper is not really associated with music to a large degree.  What is in this for Dr. Pepper?  Title sponser of huge tour maybe?  There is something in it for them, but what.  Don't think for one second they are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:26 AM »

The DR Pepper shot?  lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:33 AM »

I just think that it is awesome that after all these years, I thought we had exhausted every possible release strategy and angle imaginable.

Axl, if this is true, will once again prove how far ahead he is of everyone when it comes to shit like this. Can u imagine the publicity and exposure of having that on one of the most popular beverages around?

What would be even more awesome, is if they included some sort of "Free Download' in each case or 12pack of Dr pepper that allowed u to DL the first single for free. GNR would get a percentage from the sales and there first single would get the most prime exposure imaginable.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:59 AM »

What is in this for Dr. Pepper?

Huge exposure for free?

They wrote a press release and made a few blogs.

For that, they've already been mentioned on AOL, RollingStone.com, Billboard.com, NYPost.com etc etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

A lot is in it for Dr Pepper

Same reason Pespi had Micheal Jackson, Same reason Coke had Micheal Jordan.

U tie your brand in to one of the greatest bands ever to expose your product to a new demographic.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2008, 12:29:33 AM »

Huge exposure for free?

For that, they've already been mentioned on AOL, RollingStone.com, Billboard.com, NYPost.com etc etc.

/jarmo

Ya, but the drink still tastes the same and ain't that great.  Had one today and was full after 3 sips.  

GNR are the huge winners here. Dr. P is almost "exploiting" GNR to sell more Soda.  They may have an initial response and it may prove to be a big campaign.  In the mean time, this is BIG for GNR if DP is serious about pushing them.  Bud Lite, or Miller Lite would have been a much bigger move.  However, you don't have to be 21 to drink Dr. Pepper.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:31:53 AM by Smoking Guns » Logged
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2008, 12:29:56 AM »

I didn't see this answered, if it is I missed it, but is the Dr pepper can with the gnr logo real or fan-photoshopped?  and if it is real, is that 9/9/08 date what dr pepper thinks is the release date?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2008, 12:30:04 AM »

Huge exposure for free?

/jarmo

as the saying goes, word of mouth promotion is the best promotion you can get

And guess what

Both Gunners and the doc are getting this , for what?
How much money has it cost either of them so far for this publicity? Nothing, Ziltch...

This is awsome shit

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »

A lot is in it for Dr Pepper

Same reason Pespi had Micheal Jackson, Same reason Coke had Micheal Jordan.

U tie your brand in to one of the greatest bands ever to expose your product to a new demographic.

Pepsi paid Michael Jackson, and Coke paid Michael Jordan.  Is DP paying Guns N Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: