Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:12:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: Amy Winehouse Is Carrying The Torch For Rock ?n? Roll
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: Amy Winehouse Is Carrying The Torch For Rock ?n? Roll  (Read 5097 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 31, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »

WHY AMY ROCKS!

31st March 2008

NOTORIOUS hell raiser Slash has crowned Brit soul girl Amy Winehouse the new queen of rock n? roll.

The former Guns N? Roses axeman believes Amy, is way more dangerous than any of the current crop of hard rocking bands.

Slash, 42, told Playlist?s guitar slinger James Cabooter: ?Amy?s cool, she?s carrying the torch for rock ?n? roll.
?I think she?s great, not so much because of her personal choices, but because she?s a great singer with a unique sound and style. And she doesn?t take any shit.?

But the hat-wearing icon ? who is himself a reformed alcoholic and drug addict ? has warned Amy, 24, to steer clear of dodgy substances if she wants to become a true legend.

He said: ?She?s on the verge of greatness, but it would be regrettable if her talent was overshadowed by her extra-curricular activities.

?She?s at a crossroads, I hope she makes the right decision.?

Along with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, 63, and Eddie Van Halen, 53, Slash is one of the all-time great guitarists.

But he is pretty damning of today?s generation of fret fiddlers.

?It?s sad,? he says. ?There?s no identifiable guitar players in rock ?n? roll any more.

?With the exception of Jack White ? who is great ? the new breed of bands aren?t bringing out decent guitarists. Rock ?n? roll is so diluted in this millennium, you just don?t hear good solos. And I hate EMO.?

But there is at least one band Slash still has a bit of time for.

He said: ?I did a gig with Muse recently and those guys can really play.

?It?s not really what I?d call proper rock ?n? roll, but they do something pretty special. And I admire that.?

The rocker is hoping that his signature line of Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul
guitars will inspire a new generation to pick up the instrument.

He said: ?The new guitar is incredible. I was very in?volved in its creation.

?Normally I have to customise Gibsons because I?m very particular about the neck.

?But this one comes ready made. It?s a beautiful thing and there?s even a version which will come with cigarette burns for the full effect.?

The Limited Edition Slash Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul guitars hit the shops worldwide tomorrow.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/33672/Why-Amy-ROCKS-/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 01:50:05 PM »

That's a cool interview. Slash speaks the truth about the current state of music. Most of it (if not all of it) completely sucks fucking shit as far as I'm concerned. I purposely don't buy any of the new bands albums. Not worth it because it's shit and everyone's just a big whiner these days that hasn't actually been through hard times once in their whole poseur fucking life. Totally pathetic if you ask me.  Roll Eyes
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »

It certainly appears that Slash has been doing his homework on young Amy since his interview with Sky a few days ago.  Perhaps he's hoping that she'll guest on his solo album and, of course, there's a vacant mic in VR too...

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 01:17:28 AM »

I love Slash but he needs to get his hearing checked....Syn Gates and Zacky Vengeance are both excellent guitar players way better than Jack White who I am also a fan of, and Avenged Sevenfold destroy.....wait.....DESTROY anything that Slash has done post GNR.....Amy Winehouse is carrying the torch for rock n roll?? why?? because she does alot of drugs...thats fuckin stupid...she has nothing to do with Rock n roll
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:20:12 AM by Shadows7X » Logged
overmatik
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »

Amy Winehouse is just a piece of crap, will be forgotten in 5 or 6 years! White stripes is worthless, these aren't the ones who are carryin RnR torch, no fuckin way!!! rofl

NIN is the only great band doing good music right now!

Please Slash, shut up and try to find a cool lead singer for Velvet Revolver! Angry
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 11:58:04 AM »

Amy Winehouse is just a piece of crap, will be forgotten in 5 or 6 years! White stripes is worthless, these aren't the ones who are carryin RnR torch, no fuckin way!!! rofl

Please Slash, shut up and try to find a cool lead singer for Velvet Revolver! Angry

I wholehearted agree with you,  Amy is an idiot. I'm wondering if Slash, besides liking her music, is sticking up for her because he's had so many drug probs himself and can relate to her. I'm not putting down her music because I'm sure it's good. But as a person I've not read anything positive about her.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »

" Slash has crowned Brit soul girl Amy Winehouse the new queen of rock n? roll."

Yep..... doing heroine and pretend you are cool... that is R&R, ask Slash, he knows  peace

" you just don?t hear good solos."

Agreed, just listen to VR's albums, there are just no good solos anymore like there used to be  peace

"The rocker is hoping that his signature line of Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul
guitars will inspire a new generation to pick up the instrument."

Sell, sell, sell Slash, do your saleman talk, grab everything you can
  peace

This signature is very funny.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »

I hate Amy Winehouse. No way is she Rock N Roll. Her performance at the Grammy's (I think?) or was it the Brits was unbearable. And if she guested on Slash's solo album I'd be pissed off!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

Also -  is Tremonti of Alter Bridge not classed as a great modern day guitarist???

Or is that EMO?   Wink

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »

Also -  is Tremonti of Alter Bridge not classed as a great modern day guitarist???

Or is that EMO?   Wink

I think you'll find that Slash is generalising ....

What he means is that back in the day, guitar players were at the forefront of music and now they're not.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »

That's a cool interview. Slash speaks the truth about the current state of music. Most of it (if not all of it) completely sucks fucking shit as far as I'm concerned. I purposely don't buy any of the new bands albums. Not worth it because it's shit and everyone's just a big whiner these days that hasn't actually been through hard times once in their whole poseur fucking life. Totally pathetic if you ask me.  Roll Eyes

You purposely don't buy any new bands as opposed to accidently not buying them?  Wow, strong words!!  It's too bad because you are missing our on some great bands like:   Modest Mouse, Kings of Leon, Drive By Truckers, Muse, Arcade Fire, and many more.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »

So would this be the Olympic torch, then?!   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

There are plenty of great guitarists about.  Hopefully Slash is only talking about "rock n roll" which is virtually a dead genre anyway.  Metal has the great bands, and is not really the same thing as "rock n roll".  To be honest though is there anything that can be done with RnR that hasn't been done already?  It's over 50 years old and has seen hundreds of bands come and go.

He right that Muse are the best thing out there in the category of big rock bands.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »

while i find him saying Amy Winehouse is rock n roll disrespectful to the term.

He makes up for it by saying he hates emo.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 08:43:18 AM »

Come on dude, i know this decade is pretty bad, but there is more than NIN making decent music nowadays!

html sucks
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 09:35:04 AM »

I love Slash but he needs to get his hearing checked....Syn Gates and Zacky Vengeance are both excellent guitar players way better than Jack White who I am also a fan of, and Avenged Sevenfold destroy.....wait.....DESTROY anything that Slash has done post GNR.....

they use backing tracks for certain guitar solo parts live.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »

WHY AMY ROCKS!

31st March 2008

NOTORIOUS hell raiser Slash has crowned Brit soul girl Amy Winehouse the new queen of rock n? roll.

The former Guns N? Roses axeman believes Amy, is way more dangerous than any of the current crop of hard rocking bands.

Slash, 42, told Playlist?s guitar slinger James Cabooter: ?Amy?s cool, she?s carrying the torch for rock ?n? roll.
?I think she?s great, not so much because of her personal choices, but because she?s a great singer with a unique sound and style. And she doesn?t take any shit.?

But the hat-wearing icon ? who is himself a reformed alcoholic and drug addict ? has warned Amy, 24, to steer clear of dodgy substances if she wants to become a true legend.

He said: ?She?s on the verge of greatness, but it would be regrettable if her talent was overshadowed by her extra-curricular activities.

?She?s at a crossroads, I hope she makes the right decision.?

Along with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, 63, and Eddie Van Halen, 53, Slash is one of the all-time great guitarists.

But he is pretty damning of today?s generation of fret fiddlers.

?It?s sad,? he says. ?There?s no identifiable guitar players in rock ?n? roll any more.

?With the exception of Jack White ? who is great ? the new breed of bands aren?t bringing out decent guitarists. Rock ?n? roll is so diluted in this millennium, you just don?t hear good solos. And I hate EMO.?

But there is at least one band Slash still has a bit of time for.

He said: ?I did a gig with Muse recently and those guys can really play.

?It?s not really what I?d call proper rock ?n? roll, but they do something pretty special. And I admire that.?

The rocker is hoping that his signature line of Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul
guitars will inspire a new generation to pick up the instrument.

He said: ?The new guitar is incredible. I was very in?volved in its creation.

?Normally I have to customise Gibsons because I?m very particular about the neck.

?But this one comes ready made. It?s a beautiful thing and there?s even a version which will come with cigarette burns for the full effect.?

The Limited Edition Slash Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul guitars hit the shops worldwide tomorrow.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/33672/Why-Amy-ROCKS-/

Slash contradiction him self though out this interview !

Amy Smackhead = proper Rock N' Roll  rofl

Dont get me started on muse.

What is Proper Rock N' Roll anyways ? Old men jumping around on stage ?

Thanks Giant Robot...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: