Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83449 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

I'm not sure Scott will appreciate Billboard's title... Cheesy

Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003783878

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »

Press Release   Source: Sanctuary Artist Management

Velvet Revolver to Part Ways With Singer
Tuesday April 1, 3:46 pm ET

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Velvet Revolver founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080401/20080401006700.html?.v=1

I'm not a fan of the tone of the above, at all.

Just say you're parting ways and move forward.

The finger pointing at Weiland sits no better with me than Weiland's goofy press release aimed at Sorum.

That said...

It makes for very interesting rock n roll theatre.... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
guns_n_motley
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »

im awaiting scott weilands venemous rant towards slash and all of this....the next few months might be pretty fun to watch..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:19 PM »

I'm not sure Scott will appreciate Billboard's title... Cheesy

Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003783878

Considering he was open about how this was the last tour (unlike the rest of the band), I wouldn't be surprised if he actually told the band he was leaving some time ago.

Then they put out that press release to make it seem like he was fired.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 06:01:12 PM »

I appologize for bringing A...  eeh, I mean MR X into this even if I kind of complimented him, sorry!

Yeah I know they are doing things that makes them money, but it dosent mean that they are only about the money. With that reasoning all recording/touring artist are in it for the money in some way...

Dont know if you (Jarmo) directed your last sentance at me, but I dident even hint at you being in VR??

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 06:03:45 PM »

I agree 100%.

The day he confirmed the STP reunion he in effect fired them, made STP his priority.

This was a face saviing move at best, a classless one at that.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »

Press Release   Source: Sanctuary Artist Management

Velvet Revolver to Part Ways With Singer
Tuesday April 1, 3:46 pm ET

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Velvet Revolver founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080401/20080401006700.html?.v=1

I'm not a fan of the tone of the above, at all.

Just say you're parting ways and move forward.

The finger pointing at Weiland sits no better with me than Weiland's goofy press release aimed at Sorum.

That said...

I understand what you're saying, but to me it's honestly not as bad as Weiland's press release against Sorum or Weiland's other infamous press release a couple of years ago.

Overall, Slash could have been a lot more venomous, but he wasn't.  It was honest without being childish and resorting to name-calling.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 06:08:21 PM »

Yeah I know they are doing things that makes them money, but it dosent mean that they are only about the money. With that reasoning all recording/touring artist are in it for the money in some way...

I didn't say only either!

I hinted at it being a possible motivator in at least some cases while Slash says "This band is all about its fans and its music".

Dont know if you (Jarmo) directed your last sentance at me, but I dident even hint at you being in VR??

No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

I didn't say only either!

I hinted at it being a possible motivator in at least some cases while Slash says "This band is all about its fans and its music".

No.

/jarmo

Jarmo, like you even said, Slash is a Rock Icon, a brand name, and a Session player to the stars.  I really do think they do VR for themselves.  Would they like to be successful?  Sure, but he doesn't need VR to make a living.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 06:15:13 PM »

Well that is that, I guess. At the very least, fans could have hoped for a reconciliation after STP was through, but this even kills that possibility. Scott looked great up there with Slash N' Duff even though I felt his voice was overwhelmed by the freight train from VR's harder tracks. He wrote some terrific ballads and I truly appreciate Loving the Alien and Messages as two truly terrific contributions to my life.

And now he's moving on....

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

I agree 100%.

The day he confirmed the STP reunion he in effect fired them, made STP his priority.

This was a face saviing move at best, a classless one at that.

Falcon, I don't see the need for the release either.  I rather not burn bridges.  There must be some behind the scenes stuff we don't know about.  That being said, Slash's comments were dead on.  Scott this past tour was aweful and disrespectful and they often had to turn his mike off cause he was wasted and was fucking up a good performance.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »

Well that is that, I guess. At the very least, fans could have hoped for a reconciliation after STP was through, but this even kills that possibility. Scott looked great up there with Slash N' Duff even though I felt his voice was overwhelmed by the freight train from VR's harder tracks. He wrote some terrific ballads and I truly appreciate Loving the Alien and Messages as two truly terrific contributions to my life.

You Got No Right, his finest lyrical moment in VR.  The other ballads were good too, even if repetitive. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 06:18:57 PM »

You Got No Right, his finest lyrical moment in VR.  The other ballads were good too, even if repetitive. 

That was a good one, too. With a great Slash solo.

Cheers.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

Sure, but he doesn't need VR to make a living.

Compare where he was before VR and where he is today.

It's not a question about just making a living. Look at Izzy. He seems to manage just fine without all the attention and stuff.

He's way more in the spotlight today than he was in say 2002.

And once again I'd like to remind you that I don't care how he makes a living. It's up to him.

But don't tell us "it's all about the music and fans".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:23:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 06:26:42 PM »

"This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash.

Not about the money?

Oh darn....

/jarmo

Jarmo

Please name me one band that doesnt do this shit for the money?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »

"This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash.

Not about the money?

Oh darn....

/jarmo

Jarmo

D!!!!!!!!!  No you didn't... You know who he is gonna say.  Now you are guilty of bringing "them" up in the VR section.  UGH.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »

I understand what you're saying, but to me it's honestly not as bad as Weiland's press release against Sorum

There's really no justification or levels of "bad" for me on this one, both were sheer idiocy

or Weiland's other infamous press release a couple of years ago.

Lets not forget the other press release and chain of events that prompted that one, easily the lowest point in their whole history for me.

Overall, Slash could have been a lot more venomous, but he wasn't.  It was honest without being childish and resorting to name-calling.

Ali

Sure it could've been worse...but...

It still looks like a face saving move to me, simple as that.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »

Jarmo

Pearl Jam.

Happy?

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »

That's for damn sure.

This was mishandled by all parties involved.  They all just kept stooping lower and lower.  The bigger thing to do would have been to just do the press release without attacking Scott in the process.  They could have just stated they were parting ways and have been done with it.

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 06:31:29 PM »

Don't bring Axl into this.  ok

LOL!

Dude ... you really have to jump off that train ... he didn't bring Axl up Smiley  His point was entirely about the course of Slash and Duff's career choices, and entirely not about Axl.

Personally I'm glad about this situation ... VR needs stability and Scott doesn't offer that.  I'm in a band and if my singer was THAT flakey, I'd be fucking pissed off a LOT.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: