Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:13:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83824 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2008, 08:24:34 PM »

My personal opinion, but VR have always seemed more like a side project for its members than a unique musical force.  I've enjoyed what they've created as VR, but in the end, I'd rather listen to STP and...other stuff.    hihi   I'll be happy to catch Scott in STP again if the opportunity permits.

The news continues to emerge...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/01/velvet-revolver-part-ways-with-scott-weiland-due-to-erratic-onstage-behavior-personal-problems/

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584599/20080401/velvet_revolver.jhtml
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:27:19 PM by bazgnr » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

Do any VR fans feel like it won't be the real Velvet Revolver without Weiland? 

They should change the name..and get a new singer....Ill tell ya right now i didnt buy VR's albums for Scott Weiland or Dave Kusher for that matter......
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »

All I can say or care to contribute to this, is hey maybe now I can come to like VR in the future if they choice someone I care to hear sing. And start writing the songs that parts of this band I know and most know can.. Other than that I can care less on this news. IF they break up completely I hope Slash,  Duff, the rest continue to move on and do the music they are inspired to do by their sheer inspirations, and have that translate to the fans, instead of ..the money issue.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

I liked Scott before VR so I'm not gonna slam the guy....when shit doesn't work out, time to move on. No doubt Scott is a handful though. Wonder if the DeLeo Bros really thought this one through?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »

Glad to hear they made a decision. Looking forward to seeing and hearing what they do now. I quite like Weilands performances on both albums, but I think that VR is bigger than him and can deffinatly continue on with a new guy.

And boy, Jarmo can really kill some threads, esspecially here in the VR section can't he?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 10:07:26 PM »

And boy, Jarmo can really kill some threads, esspecially here in the VR section can't he?

Yeah. Never mind those who mention Axl/GN'R and want to discuss Pearl Jam AFTER asking me for an example of a band.

And boy do you choose what to see.

Talk about reading between the lines!  hihi

What happened to the gang mentality we were all being sold?

A member of the gang left and most of you are happy about it.

This is the guy who was the greatest front man on the planet a while back and now he's nothing.

It'll be interesting to hear his side....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:10:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »

Gosh the admin of tis board sure hates VR.  Makes me wonder if hes spending far too much time with his employers.

It annoys me how its okay to throw mud at Slash, Duff etc...but its not okay for any negative comments about axl & co.  Ive been told that if Im not a fan of the new gnr I shoudnt be here, ok - but Im also a fan of the things that this band has taught me, and that is having the freedom to say what you want and thats without some arrogant dictator assholes (not refering to anyone in particular) pushing his own ideas on you and making them a fucken law.  DOnt you think if those people were any kind of fans that they would believe that too?

And LMAO @ the money comment - Axl is the king of milking it.  I mean he knew he had to have the name, because he knew thats where the big moneys at!  Hes charging me $200 for a floor ticket!  And he wont allow you to take pictures at concerts because he thinks youll take money away from him. (Although they say he has recently gotten over that, I was talking to some people at the last concert and they were told to hand their cameras over, as Axl "didnt want pictures, and would shop the show if they continued").  

I want to make it clear.  In other forums I hardly dog Axl - I think hes awesome, but whenever I come here it just makes me angry.)

The truth is - if you were a real fan you would love all incarnations of the band - new and old.  And you would respect and love those former band members who had a HUGE hand in making this band what it is today.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 10:15:46 PM »

Yeah. Never mind those who mention Axl/GN'R and want to discuss Pearl Jam AFTER asking me for an example of a band.

And boy do you choose what to see.

/jarmo

You're the one who instigates it:

"This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash.

Not about the money?

Oh darn....

/jarmo

Who's looking forward to the reality show where they find a new singer?

Wink

/jarmo

So don't act suprised when you get a reaction that you're obviously looking for.

Anyway to answer your 'gang mentallity' thing, for me I only care about the music, not the marketing. If he doesn't like his band mates and isn't commited, then it's better he's gone.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »

Ive been told that if Im not a fan of the new gnr I shoudnt be here,

Exactly!

ok - but Im also a fan of the things that this band has taught me, and that is having the freedom to say what you want and thats without some arrogant dictator assholes (not refering to anyone in particular) pushing his own ideas on you and making them a fucken law.  DOnt you think if those people were any kind of fans that they would believe that too?

Oh, so what song taught you that?

I learned that there's a bunch of people who know nothing and like to act like they do, spreading shit about GN'R. And the band never liked that.

Did you ever hear songs like Get In The Ring or 14 Years?

Your so called freedom is just about that.

See? I can also find meanings in songs to fit "my agenda" too if I really want to.

And LMAO @ the money comment - Axl is the king of milking it.  I mean he knew he had to have the name, because he knew thats where the big moneys at!  Hes charging me $200 for a floor ticket!  And he wont allow you to take pictures at concerts because he thinks youll take money away from him. (Although they say he has recently gotten over that, I was talking to some people at the last concert and they were told to hand their cameras over, as Axl "didnt want pictures, and would shop the show if they continued"). 

I want to make it clear.  In other forums I hardly dog Axl - I think hes awesome, but whenever I come here it just makes me angry.)

Well thanks for stopping by.

No need to come back since you're the kind of person we don't need here. You said it yourself.

The truth is - if you were a real fan you would love all incarnations of the band - new and old.  And you would respect and love those former band members who had a HUGE hand in making this band what it is today.

Hypocrite:

"thats without some arrogant dictator assholes (not refering to anyone in particular) pushing his own ideas on you and making them a fucken law"

And for people who think this is just some poor person who disagrees with me, blackvelvet has had a personal agenda against this site for quite a while.

I don't care if you don't like this site or me, but to come here and start posting this in a completely wrong part is just old. You don't like this place, whatever, leave.

wave

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:21:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »

Don't bring Axl into this.  ok

You want a list of things VR has done for money?

Duff even admitted they were doing those VIP Meet & Greet things because it was a way to make money on tour.

Slash has transformed himself from "only" a guitar hero for rock fans into a brand name who appears in video games and sells Gibson guitars.

If it was only about music, I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't done many of these things.

Obviously he's free to do whatever the fuck he feels like to pay the bills, but please don't tell me "This band is all about its fans and its music ".....

And no, I'm still not in VR. You might have heard otherwise from several (clueless) posters on this board, but it's not true.  Grin

/jarmo

Can always count on Jarmo for the "Axl rules and old members suck" comments.  I think all bands do stuff for money.  You know if the old GN'R ever do reunite for some tours you are going to feel so dumb.  I wonder what you will be saying about them then.  Take the is fucking section off the website.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

It'll be interesting to hear his side....

/jarmo

I'm afraid this time we might learn why Matt went to rehab... no

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »

Can always count on Jarmo for the "Axl rules and old members suck" comments.

Can always count on VR fans making shit up!

I guess they're used to it.... For some weird reason.....

You know if the old GN'R ever do reunite for some tours you are going to feel so dumb.  I wonder what you will be saying about them then. 

That day, that sorrow.

I guess you'll be feeling dumb until that day....

I prefer to live in the present.  Smiley

Now, all we need is some personal attacks from lakersaregreat and younggunner and then the whole group has had a go at me!  ok

At last some words of wisdom from Matt Sorum, who's not in it for the money, apparently: "I was the most frustrated. I didn't make the money Slash and Duff made with Guns"

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:26:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »

Can always count on Jarmo for the "Axl rules and old members suck" comments.

Can always count on VR fans making shit up!

I guess they're used to it.... For some weird reason.....

You know if the old GN'R ever do reunite for some tours you are going to feel so dumb.  I wonder what you will be saying about them then. 

That day, that sorrow.

I guess you'll be feeling dumb until that day....

I prefer to live in the present.  Smiley

Now, all we need is some personal attacks from lakersaregreat and younggunner and then the whole group has had a go at me!  ok

At last some words of wisdom from Matt Sorum, who's not in it for the money, apparently: "I was the most frustrated. I didn't make the money Slash and Duff made with Guns"

/jarmo

You totally got me Jarmo.  Lets just keep bashing every band that isn't GN'R.  Funny thing is I support your idol probably more than you.  However, your so blinded with Axl/New GN'R obsession sometimes it makes it difficult to ever take you seriously.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »

You totally got me Jarmo.  Lets just keep bashing every band that isn't GN'R.  Funny thing is I support your idol probably more than you.  However, your so blinded with Axl/New GN'R obsession sometimes it makes it difficult to ever take you seriously. 

More insults.

How original.

The funny thing is, I don't compete in the "biggest fan" competition like some of you.

Once again, I post my opinion VR (some of which are based on facts and not just assumptions) and the VR fans make it personal.

Post something negative about VR -> mention Axl/ GN'R + attack the poster

This is the rule for the VR fans here.

They seem to forget that this is a GN'R site with a VR section, not the other way around.

So, the next one who wants to stop posting here, just keep this off topic personal shit up, and I'll take care of it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:37:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2008, 10:40:19 PM »

can you take that shit to pm maybe?

april 1st is a weird day to announce this. and/but its not on the official vr site yet.

Re-Union time, baby!!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

More insults.

How original.

The funny thing is, I don't compete in the "biggest fan" competition like some of you.

Once again, I post my opinion VR (some of which are based on facts and not just assumptions) and the VR fans make it personal.

Post something negative about VR -> mention Axl/ GN'R + attack the poster

This is the rule for the VR fans here.

They seem to forget that this is a GN'R site with a VR section, not the other way around.

So, the next one who wants to stop posting here, just keep this off topic personal shit up, and I'll take care of it.

/jarmo

You win!  Sucks that Scott is out but STP tour this summer should be very coo.  I hope they come around Minneapolis.  I think Chris Cornell would be a cool replacement for VR.  Maybe Axl will join VR and have a second band?  That would be weird. Just kidding obviously.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »

april 1st is a weird day to announce this. and/but its not on the official vr site yet.

I doubt they'd make a joke about it.

The day makes sense since it was the last show.

Also gave them the chance to speak while Weiland was still "in the band".

You never know what he might say when he's not....

/jarmo

KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »

I hate to see Scott go , i have always been a big STP fan. It is a shame. As much as i have always supported those guys i think they should dump the VR name, i cant see anyone else singing a song like 'Fall to Pieces' etc.  I was reading elsewhere of pretty much the same set of names that came to Mates to jam with them while they were looking for a singer (Joe Elliott, Steve Jones, Ian Astbury, Gilby, Dave Grohl, and Izzy of course) to take over lead vocals. I think Duff should just sing if they are gonna go on as VR.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 10:49:49 PM »

Scott is better off in STP anyways.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:21 PM »

I think Duff should just sing if they are gonna go on as VR.

Oh Lord help us, please no.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: