Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83396 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »

I'm dissappointed in this. I liked Weiland and think he fit well with these guys. The sound was good. I enjoyed both their albums immensley. Though unlike many I felt their sophmore album was much better than their freshman. I hope they stay together and get a singer that can fit their sound. It wont be the same sound without Weiland but I would still be interested in hearing it.

I am also looking forward to STP touring. I am fan of them.  ok smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »

(Gasp) You think? Wink

Not unless I'm forced to.

It usually hurts too much.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »

They had added the press release under "news" on the official VR website...I guess they will have to update the website. Cheesy

Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Singer
Velvet Revolver founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either,? said Slash. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Please Contact:
Jeffrey Light ? Attorney
Myman, Abell, Fineman, Greenspan & Light

Sanctuary Artist Management: 310-205-5000

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »

Excelente new, as fan as Guns n' Roses/Velvet Revolver since 16 years I feel happy about this new, VR deserves a real frontman.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

Jarmo, you make good points.  I don't know where money is really relevant to this topic, since you brought it up.

Yes, I brought it up because of the press release claiming otherwise.

[/quote]

the press release didnt claim otherwise, for it claim otherwise it would have said "this band isnt about the money"

all it mentioned was 2 things the band believed in, theres probably a million more and money probably is one, but it didnt claim otherwise, it didnt even mention money

anyway, any band that signs a record deal does it for the money, it might not have started out for the money but theyr always happy to take it
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »

the press release didnt claim otherwise, for it claim otherwise it would have said "this band isnt about the money"

all it mentioned was 2 things the band believed in, theres probably a million more and money probably is one, but it didnt claim otherwise, it didnt even mention money

anyway, any band that signs a record deal does it for the money, it might not have started out for the money but theyr always happy to take it

I thought "all about" means it's pretty much only about the things listed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »

Just to put into perspective where this news fits into the current state of pop culture, below are the current headlines in MSN's Entertainment section that are apparently more newsworthy:

Report: Beyonc? gets marriage license

'High School Musical 3' starts filming

See who got the boot on 'Dancing'

Robert Downey Jr. on the set of 'Iron Man'

Photos: Michael Jackson's many looks

How did 'Idol' singers handle country tunes?

Oprah dedicates show to her late dog

Tyler Perry story generates reader response

Gossip: Jamie Lynn's T-shirt text tease

Roger Ebert to return to writing film reviews
BMo13
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

Just to put into perspective where this news fits into the current state of pop culture, below are the current headlines in MSN's Entertainment section that are apparently more newsworthy:

Report: Beyonc? gets marriage license

'High School Musical 3' starts filming

See who got the boot on 'Dancing'

Robert Downey Jr. on the set of 'Iron Man'

Photos: Michael Jackson's many looks

How did 'Idol' singers handle country tunes?

Oprah dedicates show to her late dog

Tyler Perry story generates reader response

Gossip: Jamie Lynn's T-shirt text tease

Roger Ebert to return to writing film reviews

Well it was the main news on the home page of Rollingstone.com which is an actual music site. (well suppposedly anyways)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »

If they were 5-10 years younger they could probably have started over and hoped to achieve comparable success to what VR attained, but given their situation now starting over would kill any hopes at maintaining or regaining what little relavancy they have left. At this age they are starting to enter into that nostalgia stage of their career where people become are more interested in reliving your past glories than they are soaking in newer offerings.

I know that we live in youth-obsessed times but I don't believe that you can apply that to all artists.  Take Neil Diamond, for instance, he made a superb album (12 Songs) with Rick Rubin a few years ago: an album that was not only a commercial success but also won widespread critical acclaim for recapturing the essence of his original spirit.  (Incidentally, he signed with Azoff and Gould last May after a period without management.)  Of course, it takes courage, creativity, determination and a lot of hard work in order to achieve something like this and, to be honest, I'm not convinced that Slash would be willing to put the effort in.

Time will tell, I suppose, whether he aspires to this or whether he will opt for the easier option you detail below.

Without the VR name they may as well go hire a singer to be a glorified tribute band and play 80% of their old material with a few new ones sprinkled in every night in the vein of Roger Waters when he played Dark Side of the Moon straight through and milked the Floyd cow on his last couple of tours. Frankly their would probably be more interest in that type of scenario right now than any new VR offerings. With the right singer they could probably do the exact same thing and play the famous album associated with them straight through and they would probably fill bigger venues than they can now as there is a market for that stuff.

Nevertheless, I don't think that they would be filling bigger venues though just because of a different singer - although I guess it would depend on who it was.  I think that here in the UK, at least, the ex-GNR members were the main attraction and so the most lucrative option for them would be to continue emphasising that link.

They can release a billion more VR albums and they will never get out from underneath their past accomplishments, so maybe they should start to embrace that reality and use it to their advantage.

Mmm, you really do seem to be writing them off as a spent creative force here and, as much as I doubt their drive to try and better their ealier work, I don't know if they'd be ready to accept this very second-rate option.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »

This is ridiculous! The vultures are closing in! VR will always be VR and not 'new-VR' or 'nu-VR' even if there is only Slash finally left twanging on strings.

You know that's funny, I know another band with only 1 original member and you vr fans can't seem to accept that it is still the band it's always been despite member changes. But if it was slash as the only original member that would be ok. That's called being a hypocrite!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2008, 07:48:02 PM »

Or.. the opportunity just to play music they love playing? Huh
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2008, 08:09:12 PM »

This was just about a month ago...obviously something changed. Undecided

SLASH: 'We Are Always There' For SCOTT WEILAND 'If He Needs Support' - Feb. 28, 2008

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=91852

Yeah, I guess Scott quit the band in March....

/jarmo

It does appear that Weiland announced that he was leaving the band and then they issue a press release saying the founding members were "parting ways" with Weiland (a.k.a. Singer). Cheesy

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »

I think this really sucks..i really enjoyed this band  Embarrassed i was hoping they would patch things up but i guess its not to be Cry

slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:15 PM »

Everyone knows who THE best replacement would be.......................

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2008, 11:04:45 PM »

This is ridiculous! The vultures are closing in! VR will always be VR and not 'new-VR' or 'nu-VR' even if there is only Slash finally left twanging on strings.

You know that's funny, I know another band with only 1 original member and you vr fans can't seem to accept that it is still the band it's always been despite member changes. But if it was slash as the only original member that would be ok. That's called being a hypocrite!

Band - "a company of persons or, sometimes, animals or things, joined, acting, or functioning together; aggregation; party; troop: a band of protesters. "

So ... while it IS a band ... and you're right to a degree ... it's not "the band it's always been" ... the "despite member changes" you mention, actually solidifies that it indeed is NOT the band it's always been Smiley

One or two members ... hmm, sure .... ALL but one?  Sorry man.  That makes it an entirely new band Smiley

Now that I've cleared that up for you ... STOP MAKING IT ABOUT GNR! Wink

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:45 PM »

Or.. the opportunity just to play music they love playing? Huh

Sure, but you need money to be able to securely play the music you wanna play without having to get day jobs or worry about your savings being sucked away.

Record deals or publishing deals are essential to keeping a band successful.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »

They should take their time finding a new singer. Do some solo projects, etc - take a breather from VR and come back refreshed and energized as A BAND. I'm sure no one is really happy at the moment  (except maybe Scott, but he'll be depressed tomorrow, then happy again later in the day, then ........)   hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »

They should take their time finding a new singer. Do some solo projects, etc - take a breather from VR and come back refreshed and energized as A BAND. I'm sure no one is really happy at the moment (except maybe Scott, but he'll be depressed tomorrow, then happy again later in the day, then ........)   hihi

He's had a bad week and it might get worse...he has his pretrial hearing this Friday. Undecided

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2008, 01:02:45 AM »

Some people on this forum are so uptight they can't understand a joke when they read it. Now who could these people be? Any guesses?

Fuck 'Em All.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2008, 01:26:27 AM »

I'm basically an "Axl" guy...

But that being said, the world definitely needs Slash, Duff and Matt out there making records, touring and rockin' hard. I hope they get this shit squared away ASAP and end up with a great lead singer a little more compatible with their backgrounds and talents.

Good luck to VR. peace

Agreed! 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: