Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83407 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2008, 01:32:46 AM »

I'm wondering if the VR fans will start referring to the band that exists from today as "new-VR"?

/jarmo

mmmm....no...ha ha.  I wouldn't.  We're talking, if VR does go on with a new front man, it's 4 originals with 1 replacement.  I can see the "new" thought that some might have when you have the opposite, a few times over, entire band replaced and one original.  There will be old/new comparisons.  And who knows?  Maybe that could happen, here, too.  I see the humor some of you are getting at, and why.  Still had to comment.         
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2008, 05:37:16 AM »

I'm wondering if the VR fans will start referring to the band that exists from today as "new-VR"?

/jarmo

i doubt it, no one said "new gnr" when steven left did they? or even when izzy left
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2008, 06:51:30 AM »

^^actually after izzy leaving and gnr adding the circus (teddy, horn section, background singers) in 91/92 i did write "new gnr" on my unoffical vhs. and then later for me it turned more weird with the 2001/2002 bootlegs (V #3, V #4,...??) 

but back to the topic: in music business there are always surprises, and though its absolutley unlikely to happen there still is a possibility with Baz and VR.....the phonecall Baz talking about "which just changed my life" is something hmmmm (and we still dont know what it was about). like i cant see Baz touring with Poison this summer being that big life changing, fronting VR would be! but so would be a whole Baz/GN'R european tour or Baz getting father again  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:24 AM »

/jarmo

i doubt it, no one said "new gnr" when steven left did they? or even when izzy left

Didnt Rolling stone mention once, that if the creative force remains, then they have the right to the original name.
So if Scott wrote most of the songs, then they would have to be called 'Velvet revolver With Sebastiian Bach' for example.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2008, 08:10:37 AM »

^^but at least for the 1st album the music pre-existed when Scott came in. he mostly only re-arranged (parts of) it and added lyrics.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2008, 08:41:45 AM »

anyway, any band that signs a record deal does it for the money, it might not have started out for the money but theyr always happy to take it

Or.. the opportunity just to play music they love playing? Huh

Sure, but you need money to be able to securely play the music you wanna play without having to get day jobs or worry about your savings being sucked away.

Record deals or publishing deals are essential to keeping a band successful.

Oh you still want to discuss how money isn't motivating them yet you disregarded what I've said?

I guess it's much more fun when you don't have to pay attention to something stupid like examples/facts and can concentrate on saying "they're not motivated by money" time after time.

Matt who was frustrated since he didn't make as much money from GN'R as Duff and Matt. Slash who has made VW and Mastercard commercials, admitted to moving to another studio in order to save money on recording which meant the result suffered, admitted that they canceled shows because they weren't making any money on them, sued people because he lost money on a house and whatever else.

Clearly it's all about the music and fans for these people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2008, 09:43:01 AM »

not the drug addiction itself but the real intensivity of it Slash managed somehow to hide many many years until he himself revealed it in his book. i've never ever thought he was such a junkie when seeing him all over tvs and magazines doing interviews and photos and business during the illusion era now knowing he was kinda "hard"drugged daily. nevertheless he still managed to take care of such a big band back then and did very fine, surprising in a way!
but along with a lot other statements over the years covering "the truth he wants the public to know" it appears that he also has some hard psychical addiction: 1. staying in the public eye, 2. looking cool in public hiding some important parts of the truth.

these 2 basic reasons lead to comments he regular does which could be headlines in newspapers and/or are headlines in internet news - and are covered by the main public in a positive -or if negative, still publicitywise-working- way. and money is all in between. the closer crew and people knowing more about him -as many people also do in this forum- are somehow aware of these issues and know its mostly mainly about his image and money. he still takes care of lots of business off course. let me also mention that getting out of the biggest Rock N' Roll band is an unbelievable thing to deal with, his whole life was dedicated to that band! the old band success and break up surely had a huge influence on their personalities, something nobody ever can really imagine its extent at all.

and these words come from a Slash fan.

Re-Union time, baby!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »

This was just about a month ago...obviously something changed. Undecided

SLASH: 'We Are Always There' For SCOTT WEILAND 'If He Needs Support' - Feb. 28, 2008

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=91852

scott's announcement on stage??
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

/jarmo

mmmm....no...ha ha.  I wouldn't.  We're talking, if VR does go on with a new front man, it's 4 originals with 1 replacement.  I can see the "new" thought that some might have when you have the opposite, a few times over, entire band replaced and one original.  There will be old/new comparisons.  And who knows?  Maybe that could happen, here, too.  I see the humor some of you are getting at, and why.  Still had to comment.         
I can see both points.  Obviously 4 is greater than 1, BUT I think most people would agree that the voice is what signifies a band.  It's easier to re-create the music than it is the voice.  Obviously there are plenty of examples out there of bands that have had success with multiple singers but there's a reason people referred to the Hagar edition of VH as Van Hagar.

Anyway, with that being said, and not to diminish VR's accomplishments BUT, I don't think they set a standard that can't be topped.  In other words the incarnation that just broke up didn't exactly set the world on fire so I think the argument that it's not really VR without it's original lead singer wouldn't hold as much water.  Someone could step in, who I don't know.  Not sure what songs from their catalog they would carry over, I have a feeling they'd scrap a good number of them and they probably wouldn't play any STP songs in the future either.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2008, 11:13:48 AM »

Obviously 4 is greater than 1,

8 is greater than 4. Tongue
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »

Obviously 4 is greater than 1,

8 is greater than 4. Tongue

and a million is greater the 8 Tongue

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »

anyway, any band that signs a record deal does it for the money, it might not have started out for the money but theyr always happy to take it

Or.. the opportunity just to play music they love playing? Huh

Sure, but you need money to be able to securely play the music you wanna play without having to get day jobs or worry about your savings being sucked away.

Record deals or publishing deals are essential to keeping a band successful.

Oh you still want to discuss how money isn't motivating them yet you disregarded what I've said?

I guess it's much more fun when you don't have to pay attention to something stupid like examples/facts and can concentrate on saying "they're not motivated by money" time after time.

Matt who was frustrated since he didn't make as much money from GN'R as Duff and Matt. Slash who has made VW and Mastercard commercials, admitted to moving to another studio in order to save money on recording which meant the result suffered, admitted that they canceled shows because they weren't making any money on them, sued people because he lost money on a house and whatever else.

Clearly it's all about the music and fans for these people.

/jarmo

I think in a way its both. I believe they want to make money from it, but they also enjoy the process. They have commitments of their own to do. We have no idea what their contracts state or how much money goes to promotion of concerts. In the end it is their job to make money for themselves, their record company, their concert promoters and everything else they have to pay for. I dont blame them for canceling concerts for monetary reasons. There are things out of their control as much as there are things we will not understand.

In the end, I believe they enjoy making music. I thought they made good music. I like to think they make music for themselves and their fans. But I do think most muscians think of themselves, contracts, family, bills, and other personal agendas before thinking of fans. I don't believe their single motivation was monetary but maybe being a fan of their music clouds my judgement. I think their motivation was the love of making music and the love of making money.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »

From Matt Sorums website...

Hey Guys,
Someone sent me the pic below on my myspace page. pretty funny, this was Scotts pic for new singer. Anyway good to be back home. Been hanging At my new store. Biz is good selling lots of stuff, please come by if in the area. Will be offering shirts i can sign if I?m around if you can?t afford the leather and stuff. Also will have e-commerce very soon on Sorumnoce. But for now look at the site and email info@sorumnoce and my partner Max can hook u up and get u prices send the stuff fedex or whatever. On a VR note will be getting in the studio tuesday to jam we are not wasting any time on the band. Want to get Rockin?
Lets do It and Kick some ASS
Matt

Photo: http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/04/06/hahaha-bazzz-sorumnoce-full-tilt-boogie/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »

haha best pic ever!!  rofl

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »

rofl

Savage Animal is destined to be the title of VR's 3rd album! Grin
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2008, 05:07:34 PM »

Firing Weiland is the best thing for Velvet Revolver.

I don't want the band continue. Duff must reunite Loaded (in fact, he did) , Slash must release his solo album and Matt...Matt...well, Matt must design clothes!

ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »

haha I made that.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2008, 08:03:04 AM »

/jarmo

probably will Roll Eyes
how do you differentiate VH with DLR or SH? Same band, totally different sound/singer
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »

haha I made that.

ahh! congrats! really well done!  Cheesy

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »

You know, kinda like when someone says "I'm all about my family."  It's a common expression which simply means they care about their family.  It doesn't mean that's the only thing in the fucking world they care about.

That all depends who says it.

If it's some guy who goes out and openly cheats on his wife and doesn't give a fuck about his children, maybe you wouldn't agree that the statement had much merit. Smiley

I pointed out to you how often they are about the money and that's why I reacted about the quote in question.

It's all about the image.

Maybe you can tell all the VR fans in places like Portugal, Spain, France or Australia about how much VR cares for them? Some of these places only saw the band play live in 2004 and had shows canceled because they weren't money makers.....

But it's all about the fans and music. Even if the music suffers because you need to save some money while making it.....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: