Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83412 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2008, 03:17:29 PM »

So you care about what's cool?

Yeah, being a liar is uncool in my book.  ok

Your haircut ain't exactly cool, but is that really an issue? 

Oh damn. Sad

Why do you give a flying fucking shit about Slash's lawsuits?  That's his business.  Not yours ... Not anyone elses.  Yet you use these things as a reason to hate the guy.

These things are public knowledge.

Since when am I not allowed to comment?

If you keep saying stuff in interviews to portray yourself in a certain way, but we know what you're doing "behind the scenes", it's not that weird that some people react.

Dude ... Axl fucking took advantage of the old bandmembers and forced them into handing over the GnR name ... but you seem to hate Slash for stuff that's nothing to do with the band ... yet love Axl ... almost praise him for what he did.  How ?  That was the most uncool thing he could have done.

Changing the subject are we?

Come on ... for fuck sake ... if you're going to slag them for the music ... fine ... or even stuff related to the band's business etc ... fine ... but bringing stuff up about his fucking luggage or house ?  You really are scraping around for as much hate as you can find.  And it's damn embarrassing.

What's embarrassing is you having a breakdown in front of the computer.....

On top of that, you're a Matt Sorum fan.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

How many times have Axl fans been fucked off because he didn't turn up to a show etc?  At least VR cancelled before the night Wink

Stop pulling shit out of your ass for no reason.

Not as many as you'd care to think.

And he's gone back and played those places.

I don't think fans in philly would say that.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »

I just care about them putting on a good show (which they did ...)

Where, in Portugal, Spain, France and Australia?

I'm sure all those fans are super happy.

Smiley

I am! I went to Amsterdam instead!  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »

What's embarrassing is you having a breakdown in front of the computer.....

On top of that, you're a Matt Sorum fan.  Wink

/jarmo

If you think I'm having a breakdown, you have much to learn young sir.

Btw ... Matt Sorum has more talent than you'll ever have ... so again ... why the hate?  Jealous of his success?

And talking about me changing the subject? lol ... dude ... you're the king of it.  And I'm not the only person saying that.  So many people here know how you work.  You simply choose to ignore everything that doesn't directly relate to your own point.

But hey ... It's fine Smiley

You should know by now that arguing with you is pretty easy... and doesn't cause me to break down ... only to laugh Smiley
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:59:15 PM by SpiritDave » Logged

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »

If you think I'm having a breakdown, you have much to learn young sir.

Well, bad day then?

Or are you suffering from Tourette's?

These outbursts of personal attacks sure seem out of place.

Btw ... Matt Sorum has more talent than you'll ever have ... so again ... why the hate?  Jealous of his success?

Good for him. I didn't know we were in a competition.

Jealousy is something that other people can waste their energy on.

And talking about me changing the subject? lol ... dude ... you're the king of it.  And I'm not the only person saying that.  So many people here know how you work.  You simply choose to ignore everything that doesn't directly relate to your own point.

I've been talking about VR and its members while you're busy pointing fingers at me and Axl.

Is this section about me or Axl? No.

So, any comment on that?

Many people know how I work? I think what you mean is, so many people think they know how I work based on some posts.

You should know by now that arguing with you is pretty easy... and doesn't cause me to break down ... only to laugh Smiley

Must be exciting to be you.  Smiley

Talking of knowing how people work. It's always interesting to see that a few people "who know how I work" tend to have to turn into insults when discussing things with me.

It goes from being about what Slash, or some other VR member has said/done into being about me. Isn't that weird?

It's like if we were talking about Slash's guitar playing and I started saying "Well Dave, you're not nearly as good as Slash so why do you post here? Your hair is uncool and you're trying to be like Slash so badly that it's embarrassing. You play guitar and draw. Do you own snakes and a top hat too?"

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

Wow, some people never take the high road...EVER..... no
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:50 PM »

Wow, some people never take the high road...EVER..... no

Every single word I post on here means nothing in the grand scheme of things ... and everything Jarmo writes is pointless in the grand scheme of things here too.

Jarmo thinks I'm an idiot, and I think he is ... but I'm sure we'll both agree, that these are merely internet posts and not a genuine indication of our real personalities.  The internet is a wonderful argument tool.

I actually suspect that Jarmo and myself could probably happily sit face to face and have a civilized chat and drink together... it's all good.  Arguments are what makes forums fun.  Smiley

In reality, outside of the internet, I have no personal hatred for Jarmo Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »

The last time i visited this forum has got to be a good 2-3 years min - I come back to have a quick check on things and yet i see the same people arguing over the same petty things as when i stopped posting. Dont you get bored of it after like 5 years? Some of us prefer the Ex-Gunners some of us prefer Axl - really its that simple - get over it. All these quasi debates when thats really what it all boils down too.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:03:43 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:06 PM »

Linekar ... you're right ...

but there's not exactly a lot to talk about in the GnR world!  And this VR section isn't the main forum Smiley

lol

Still ... as I said above ... it's all interwebs ... not real Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »

All bands care for the fans when its convenient for their wallets.

Yeah, if Scott is replaced, it won't be VR to me.

some members are replaceable but to me u cant replace a frontman *very rarely can it be done* or a lead guitarist or just a very important member.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2008, 08:13:09 PM »

some members are replaceable but to me u cant replace a frontman *very rarely can it be done* or a lead guitarist or just a very important member.

But ... people were more excited BEFORE Scott arrived ... so let's hope this is a good change Smiley  I doubt they'll go for an unstable singer again after having two major pains in the ass in the past ...

tee - hee Smiley

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »

But ... people were more excited BEFORE Scott arrived ... so let's hope this is a good change Smiley  I doubt they'll go for an unstable singer again after having two major pains in the ass in the past ...

tee - hee Smiley

Yeah that stripper girl guy was a real pain in the ass wasn't he?  Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »

haha best pic ever!!  rofl

From an interview with Sebastian Bach (posted on MySpace) from March 24 2008.... Undecided

Asif:  Very nice man. Alright, last one. Wendy from Cornelius, NC asks, "You collaborated with Axl Rose on three tracks on the new album.  Is there anyone else you would like to collaborate with that you haven't worked with yet or someone you have worked with in the past that you'd like to work with again?"

Sebastian:  Yeah! There is a lot. I would love to collaborate with the guys from Aerosmith or maybe Michael Anthony from Van Halen or maybe Slash. I was actually just supposed to record some music with Sly Stone from Sly & the Family Stone ? which I know is out of left field.

http://www.rockinmusicreviews.com/interviews2/sebastianbach20080324.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »

From an interview with Sebastian Bach (posted on MySpace) from March 24 2008.... Undecided

Asif:  Very nice man. Alright, last one. Wendy from Cornelius, NC asks, "You collaborated with Axl Rose on three tracks on the new album.  Is there anyone else you would like to collaborate with that you haven't worked with yet or someone you have worked with in the past that you'd like to work with again?"

Sebastian:  Yeah! There is a lot. I would love to collaborate with the guys from Aerosmith or maybe Michael Anthony from Van Halen or maybe Slash. I was actually just supposed to record some music with Sly Stone from Sly & the Family Stone ? which I know is out of left field.

..... hmm hinted at some jam sessions? Who knows Seb could be the middle man that brings Axl and Slash to good terms again..
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »

..... hmm hinted at some jam sessions? Who knows Seb could be the middle man that brings Axl and Slash to good terms again..

There was no hint of jam sessions there ...

He does mention the tour he's doing ... but that's the Poison one isn't it...?

Smiley

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2008, 02:35:09 PM »

Scott was quite fast huh? Roll Eyes

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/08/stone-temple-pilots-announce-tour-plans-for-new-album/ 

also here http://www.nme.com/news/stone-temple-pilots/35738
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:49:37 PM by Ines_rocks! » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2008, 02:48:36 PM »

^^With a 65 city tour and recording a new album in November, it seems pretty clear that Weiland was not coming back to VR after the tour ended...who parted ways with who.  Grin

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »

In the May issue of Revolver Magazine it say...

ON HIATUS, VELVET REVOLVER DRUMMER PLAYS DRESS-UP

Velvet Revolver will be cooling their collective heels for most of this year...

http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/04/08/article-in-revolver-magazine/

guns_n_motley
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

matt said they are in the studio today

this article was obviously before the split...as they mention scott as being a member...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »

matt said they are in the studio today

this article was obviously before the split...as they mention scott as being a member...

I was thinking the same thing but, if this is true...

from Slash

This is something that?s been coming down for a while. I know everybody is tying the STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunion tour] thing to it, but it started way before that. We just had a lot of commitments to fulfill, so we just had to drag this thing out until the obligations were finished.

They knew for some time that they would "part ways" with Weiland once the tour was done?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: