Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83417 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »

From an interview with Scott Weiland Chicago Tribune April 8, 2008...

Q.What happened with Velvet Revolver?

Weiland:
This happened very organically. It wasn?t people trying to angle and beg. It just happened the way it sort of happened. I got a call from Dean. I was on tour. He said, ??Man, are you sitting down??? I said yeah. He said, ??I was talking with our agent, and some offers came through.?? We?d all been starting to talk more often. I had talked to Slash, mentioned it to him, and things were cool for a while. And this last tour, things just disintegrated really badly. I just came to the point where I decided that ... if I?m going to commit the next 10 years of my life to touring ... then I want to do it with people I want to make music with. People who I get inspired by making music with. ...I have to start weeding out stuff. It?s kind of like going through your closet going, ??Eh, I don?t need this anymore. It takes up too much space.?? Certain things don?t feel good, although it may put money in your bank account, but it doesn?t feel good at the end of the day. It became one of those situations.

This feels good, it feels right. It?s always inspiring. It?s always that high.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/poprock/883949,pilotsqa040808.article
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 06:37:16 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2008, 07:05:06 PM »

‘‘Eh, I don’t need this anymore. It takes up too much space.’’

what a great anology Scott, the poet!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »

How many times have Axl fans been fucked off because he didn't turn up to a show etc?  At least VR cancelled before the night Wink

Stop pulling shit out of your ass for no reason.

Not as many as you'd care to think.

And he's gone back and played those places.

It's not likely to happen with VR is it?

Not to rip on Axl but can you please tell me the last time he played Philly?  It sure as hell wasn't after he no-showed.....and I was at the show
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2008, 07:27:23 PM »

How many times have Axl fans been fucked off because he didn't turn up to a show etc?  At least VR cancelled before the night Wink

Not to rip on Axl but can you please tell me the last time he played Philly?  It sure as hell wasn't after he no-showed.....and I was at the show

Pathetic.

Maybe playing places where the "fans" destroy your equipment isn't a high priority.

Maybe the fucking promoter doesn't want to risk anything and doesn't wanna book a show there thanks to these fans?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 07:50:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »

Pathetic.

Maybe playing places where the "fans" destroy your equipment isn't a high priority.

Maybe the fucking promoter doesn't want to risk anything and doesn't wanna book a show there thanks to these fans?

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »

Thanks for fixing the grammar.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2008, 09:21:24 PM »

Since grammar is being discussed:

This is the language of a pompously arrogant asshole.

This happened very organically. It wasn?t people trying to angle and beg. It just happened the way it sort of happened. I got a call from Dean. I was on tour. He said, ??Man, are you sitting down??? I said yeah. He said, ??I was talking with our agent, and some offers came through.?? We?d all been starting to talk more often. I had talked to Slash, mentioned it to him, and things were cool for a while. And this last tour, things just disintegrated really badly. I just came to the point where I decided that ... if I?m going to commit the next 10 years of my life to touring ... then I want to do it with people I want to make music with. People who I get inspired by making music with. ...I have to start weeding out stuff. It?s kind of like going through your closet going, ??Eh, I don?t need this anymore. It takes up too much space.?? Certain things don?t feel good, although it may put money in your bank account, but it doesn?t feel good at the end of the day. It became one of those situations.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2008, 09:47:48 PM »

Pathetic.

/jarmo

So u are trying to say its the fans fault? No band in particular, but just any band.

I dont agree with fans rioting and all that but we can't totally relieve the band of any accountability.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2008, 09:49:11 PM »

Pathetic.

/jarmo

So u are trying to say its the fans fault?

I'm saying, maybe theres a reason or reasons that has nothing to do with the band?

Once again, the VR fans have done it.

ok

/jarmo

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2008, 01:08:52 AM »

Since grammar is being discussed:

This is the language of a pompously arrogant asshole.

Yeah.  Like I said in another section, he kind of said similar things about STP, when he first left, and said similar positive things about VR, when he first started with them.    I've liked Scott for a long time, way before VR, but I've lost a lot of respect for him in the last several months.     
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »

Pathetic.

/jarmo

what the fuck are you talking about?  This is Philly, not St louis
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »

Pathetic.

/jarmo

what the fuck are you talking about?  This is Philly, not St louis

And you guarantee no damage was done to the band's own, or any of the equipment they had rented for the tour?

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »

From 411mania.com

2. Firing Scott Weiland was a good move on Velvet Revolver's part that will give the band a new lease on life.

John Nagle: Fact. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long. However, instead of finding a new singer, I think they should just hang it up entirely. Weiland isn't my cup of tea, but he had the right kind of charisma for the band. Since Slash and company refuse to work with anyone that isn't "current," I can't think of a modern rock singer that has the arena filling presence that Weiland has. Josh Todd from Buckcherry would be a decent replacement, but he's too busy with his own band.

Mitch Michaels: Fiction. I think that Scott Weiland had to go, but the way Velvet Revolver went about it is what I don't agree with. Weiland was on the outs with the band anyway, and would've most likely called it quits when he rejoined Stone Temple Pilots, who stand to make a lot of money this summer. Instead, VR rushed things and sent out that snipey public statement, making both parties look like little bitches. Besides, Scott has STP, who does VR have? And don't say Sebastian Bach. Barring the return of anyone not named "Axl", the split with Scott Weiland is the beginning of the end for Velvet Revolver, at least as a commercially viable entity.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »

From 411mania.com

2. Firing Scott Weiland was a good move on Velvet Revolver's part that will give the band a new lease on life.

Ah, another misinformed journalist regarding who fired who.

Looks like the face saving move worked in this case...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »

I think he quit once he realized that he doesn't have to stay in a band with people like Matt Sorum.

Matt's comments on that radio show were amusing. He makes it sound like Scott just told them he was doing STP and that's why everything fell apart.

Slash says it started before that ("This is something that?s been coming down for a while. I know everybody is tying the STP [reunion tour] thing to it, but it started way before that.").

Those two can't even get their stories to match and they're on the same side! Then you have a third version from Scott.

/jarmo

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2008, 10:56:37 AM »

VR/Slash never really said they were firing him-mostly said parting ways in the press release they sent out-I'm not sure how people would want them to word it-it's obvious that all the members knew it was the end-it's egos, rock n roll-see Motley Crue, Van Halen-there is always a "I was fired/he quit" aspect to every band
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:58:40 AM by Eric Draven » Logged

libertad
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »

I think he quit once he realized that he doesn't have to stay in a band with people like Matt Sorum.

Matt's comments on that radio show were amusing. He makes it sound like Scott just told them he was doing STP and that's why everything fell apart.

Slash says it started before that ("This is something that?s been coming down for a while. I know everybody is tying the STP [reunion tour] thing to it, but it started way before that.").

Those two can't even get their stories to match and they're on the same side! Then you have a third version from Scott.

/jarmo

Everyone could see this coming for a while.  If you could see Duff and Slash's reaction on stage when Scott almost passed out and fucked up patience you would know this shit wasn't gonna last.  Plus the cancelled shows.  Plus the rehab during tour was just too much.  Patience wore thin.  I agree with Falcon, Weiland ditched them.  Hell, huge tour and album to follow.  BUT, I do think even without STP, Slash and Duff were ancy for a new singer.  So in the end, its mutual, but Scott "ended" it first.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »

STP is going to be a huge payday-I think it sucks they broke up-do I blame Scott? No, if he's not into it, and they are not getting along, what's the point-I didn't think it would last this long when they first hired Scott-it would be interesting with a new lead singer, and great if they recorded one more album that would hit # 1 here in the U.S-Slash, Duff, and Matt will have done it with 3 different singers ok

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »

VR/Slash never really said they were firing him-mostly said parting ways in the press release they sent out-I'm not sure how people would want them to word it-it's obvious that all the members knew it was the end-it's egos, rock n roll-see Motley Crue, Van Halen-there is always a "I was fired/he quit" aspect to every band

They always say being in a band is like being in a relationship.  I'm sure many of us have been in relationships that go to shit and there's two different stories on who dumped who.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »

/jarmo

Damn, and I was gonna buy you a cool new vest from Sorum Noce.

Scratch that! hihi
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: