Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83402 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »

Which VR member is the only one that's in both VR and Camp Freddy (a band which featured Scott at one point). Now Scott's quit both...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

Which VR member is the only one that's in both VR and Camp Freddy (a band which featured Scott at one point). Now Scott's quit both...

/jarmo

Jarmo, is it Matt or Slash that you blame for Scott leaving.  You seem to switch daily.  I say more Matt than Slash.  I am sure you agree with that.
gnr2k6
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

not that he needs anyone but to be honest jarmo has nailed it exactly with what he's said......

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2008, 11:40:26 AM »

I think it was Dave! He is the quite one... he is to blame!  Tongue

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »

/jarmo

Strange dichotomy.

1 guy (Scott) doesn't seem to like Sorum so he bolts 2 bands that have Matt as a core member while (generally speaking) Matt's other bandmates over the years seem to have absolutely no problem with the guy and will continue to play/socialize with him regardless.

Circumstantial evidence points at t being more a Weiland issue than a Sorum issue..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »

Matt's other bandmates over the years seem to have absolutely no problem with the guy and will continue to play/socialize with him regardless.

Besides Camp Freddy which is more of a fun project, it's Duff and Slash you're talking about?

Jarmo, is it Matt or Slash that you blame for Scott leaving. 

Both.

But Matt was acting all innocent in that interview.

We know what Slash has done. Those things could piss off his band mates.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2008, 12:38:07 PM »

/jarmo

Strange dichotomy.

1 guy (Scott) doesn't seem to like Sorum so he bolts 2 bands that have Matt as a core member while (generally speaking) Matt's other bandmates over the years seem to have absolutely no problem with the guy and will continue to play/socialize with him regardless.

Circumstantial evidence points at t being more a Weiland issue than a Sorum issue..

And if Paris Hilton likes him, he can't be all that bad.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2008, 12:39:08 PM »

Matt's other bandmates over the years seem to have absolutely no problem with the guy and will continue to play/socialize with him regardless.

Besides Camp Freddy which is more of a fun project, it's Duff and Slash you're talking about?

Those two along with Billy Duffy, Ian Astbury, Billy Morrison, Chris Wyse (basically the entire Cult extended family).  I don't think you can discount the Freddy core guys either, doesn't seem like Navarro, Donovan Leitch or Chris Chaney have any problems with him personally or professionally while leading totally different lifestyles outside of the band than Matt.

No matter how his personality seems to effect a small segment of the fans in general, all signs point to him being both liked and respected by the vast majority of his peer group.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2008, 12:47:32 PM »

Those two along with Billy Duffy, Ian Astbury, Billy Morrison, Chris Wyse (basically the entire Cult extended family).  I don't think you can discount the Freddy core guys either, doesn't seem like Navarro, Donovan Leitch or Chris Chaney have any problems with him personally or professionally while leading totally different lifestyles outside of the band than Matt.

No matter how his personality seems to effect a small segment of the fans in general, all signs point to him being both liked and respected by the vast majority of his peer group.

But he hasn't played with The Cult in years right?

So the ones he plays somewhat regularly with are VR and CF?

Camp Freddy hasn't really done anything like VR yet so who knows what would happen if it turned into a real project.

So the guy has friends and connections...

/jarmo

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

Don't forget Gilby Clarke, who stopped by to visit at a VR show recently

libertad
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »

But he hasn't played with The Cult in years right?

No, but recorded the Circus Diablo record with Duffy and Morrison in '06
and remains on excellent terms with Ian.  Matt will also appear on Chris Wyse's upcoming OWL record as well while Chris is basically the first alternate on bass with CF when Chaney is unavailable.

So the guy has friends and connections...

That are willing to work with him on other projects and appear at his request at CF gigs.

That alone speaks volumes more (to me) than Weiland's silly rant
and the perception of a few fans that he's just a bad guy in general.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:03:51 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

Well, maybe if Matt's rehab stint caused The Cult to cancel a tour and he blamed it on Ian, he'd think differently?

I just think that the whole idea that he's an innocent bystander who was attacked by Scott to be bullshit....

Slash has a bunch of friends he plays with too, but that doesn't mean he's never lied or caused problems in any band!

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »

As far as Matt and Scott's fued.....

We don't know what may have been said behind the scenes and it's pointless to speculate. We know Matt opens his mouth sometimes.  Comments like "nobody is waiting around for an STP reunion" couldn't have been easy to swallow. However, I think Scott went below the belt with his statement about Matt not having children or a "real" relationship.  It's one thing to attack someone professionally and another to go at them personally.  We know Scott has attacked Axl in a personal manner as well (criticizing his appearance, etc.).  I also took his comment on Sebastian as a sarcastic dig at both parties.  Things like this just make Scott seem like such an asshole.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »

Well, maybe if Matt's rehab stint caused The Cult to cancel a tour and he blamed it on Ian, he'd think differently?

Who knows, I can't speak for Ian regarding a hypothetical scenario nor can I make any kind of educated guess regarding Scott's allegation of Matt's rehab stint causing a tour cancellation. 

My opinion is based the relationships he maintains and the willingness of his peers to continually work with him.

I just think that the whole idea that he's an innocent bystander who was attacked by Scott to be bullshit....

Agreed, there's always more to the story than we'll ever know as fans.

Although..

Scott's personal attack was way over the top in comparison to Matt's blog entry, wouldn't you agree?

Slash has a bunch of friends he plays with too, but that doesn't mean he's never lied or caused problems in any band!

Not sure if that's even a close/fair comparison, Slash's lies are well documented while Matt's alleged transgression (rehab stint causing a tour cancellation) remains just that, an allegation.

Let alone - an allegation made by a front man with a checkered past who had his foot out of the door long before the recent public back and forth
went down.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2008, 03:08:10 PM »

Matt's alleged transgression (rehab stint causing a tour cancellation) remains just that, an allegation.

Let alone - an allegation made by a front man with a checkered past who had his foot out of the door long before the recent public back and forth
went down.

Considering the fact that he's been there before, it's not totally unlikely.

The guys in this band have a history of keeping their rehab visits a secret. The only exception is Scott who's visits probably became public knowledge  to score him some points in court.

They only seem to mention them in passing when talking about how they went through tough times.

Ever thought that Scott reacted that way because of things Matt had done/said in addition to the blog posting?

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2008, 03:44:15 PM »

Agreed, but "not totally unlikely" and cold hard fact are 2 entirely different animals.  There's absolutely no proof Matt's alleged rehab trip caused any tour cancellation.  Until there is and Matt acknowledges and takes responsibility, it's just Weiland talking.

The guys in this band have a history of keeping their rehab visits a secret. The only exception is Scott who's visits probably became public knowledge  to score him some points in court.

Until Matt chooses to go public with the matter, Scott's retort remains an allegation.  One made in very bad taste/fashion in my estimation.

Ever thought that Scott reacted that way because of things Matt had done/said in addition to the blog posting?

Blog nonwithstanding - as far as I know, Matt has never said/done anything to Weiland for public consumption that would justify the personal attack Weiland unleashed on him in the public manner in which he chose to do so.

It just seemed like a reactionary lash out, finger pointing in the worst way.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »

Agreed, but "not totally unlikely" and cold hard fact are 2 entirely different animals.  There's absolutely no proof Matt's alleged rehab trip caused any tour cancellation.  Until there is and Matt acknowledges and takes responsibility, it's just Weiland talking.

When pressed about the nature of illness believed to be affecting two band members, McKagan agreed it was partly due to an exhaustive international tour schedule this year.

"(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient.''

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22886876-5012980,00.html

I believe Duff wasn't in rehab and Slash was out promoting his book.

So, it's either Dave or Matt.

I'm sorry, but that looks like a cover up.

Until Matt chooses to go public with the matter, Scott's retort remains an allegation.  One made in very bad taste/fashion in my estimation.

Who was the one who started throwing rocks?

Matt started talking about canceled shows and mentioning how Scott was unhappy.

Maybe somebody felt targeted by a guy who was as guilty for those canceled shows as he was?

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »

When pressed about the nature of illness believed to be affecting two band members, McKagan agreed it was partly due to an exhaustive international tour schedule this year.

"(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient.''

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22886876-5012980,00.html

I believe Duff wasn't in rehab and Slash was out promoting his book.

So, it's either Dave or Matt.

I'm sorry, but that looks like a cover up.

Who was the one who started throwing rocks?

Matt started talking about canceled shows and mentioning how Scott was unhappy.

Maybe somebody felt targeted by a guy who was as guilty for those canceled shows as he was?

/jarmo

WHO FUCKING CARES AT THIS POINT. SCOTT IS GONE. MOVE ON AND HOPE THE SAME MISTAKES ARE NOT REPEATED. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2008, 04:33:32 PM »

Falcon does. Wink

Do you think Matt will admit that he was in rehab so they had to cancel the tour?

It'll more likely be something like "Oh yeah, I went to rehab. Hahahahaha. I'm fine now, you know, rock n' roll! Hahahaha".

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #239 on: April 09, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »

Falcon does. Wink

Do you think Matt will admit that he was in rehab so they had to cancel the tour?

It'll more likely be something like "Oh yeah, I went to rehab. Hahahahaha. I'm fine now, you know, rock n' roll! Hahahaha".

/jarmo

Yes, but its trivial at this point and its NOT the reason Scott is gone.  I don't give a fuck about this anymore and its pointless and a waste of time to debate.  Continue if you wish though. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: