Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83451 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #240 on: April 09, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »

I'm sorry, but that looks like a cover up.

Could be I suppose, but until proven fact it's just heresay.

Who was the one who started throwing rocks?

Depends on if you think Scott's "anouncement" at the Glasgow gig was a rock or not.

Bottom line, I seriously doubt Matt/Scott's relationship had much to do with the final outcome. 

As I stated before, Slash's visit to his former bandmates house created the initial band unrest with the STP reunion being the death knell. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #241 on: April 09, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »

I think he went to greener pastures and the other shit is just an excuse.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »

I agree.  I find it ironic that Scott mentioned money as the only reason he had to stay in VR.  I would be willing to bet he's making tons more off this STP reunion than he did in the last year of touring with VR who eventually scaled back to clubs due to poor ticket sales in the arenas.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2008, 04:58:20 PM »

To a degree, sure.

STP reconciliation was gonna happen regardless, no matter what factors hastened it along the way.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »

To a degree, sure.

STP reconciliation was gonna happen regardless, no matter what factors hastened it along the way.

Exactly!!
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2008, 05:42:33 PM »

Both.

But Matt was acting all innocent in that interview.

We know what Slash has done. Those things could piss off his band mates.

/jarmo

So you believe that this is all Matt and Slash's fault?  Don't you allow Scott to take any blame?

You know ... Matt has a LOT of friends ... The Cult asked him to come back for an album and tour ... if he's such a twat, that wouldn't have happened.  He gets regularly asked to jam with people.  He's got a lot of high profile friends. .. people like him.

You have NO idea what Sorum is like as a person.  I reckon he's a lot nicer than you think.  In fact, I bet he's the kind of friend that if you act well to him, will be there to stand by you.

Scott's always been known for his erratic behaviour... and he split with STP in hardly the nicest situation.  Scott dissed STP when he left and now he's dissing VR.  And I'm sorry, but if you think this is all down to Matt and Slash based on a couple of small excerpts in the news ... you really are more stupid than I thought Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2008, 05:52:41 PM »

So you believe that this is all Matt and Slash's fault?  Don't you allow Scott to take any blame?

No, he asked if I thought it was Matt or Slash.

I think it's both in addition to Scott, who's a pompous asshole.

You know ... Matt has a LOT of friends ... The Cult asked him to come back for an album and tour ... if he's such a twat, that wouldn't have happened.  He gets regularly asked to jam with people.  He's got a lot of high profile friends. .. people like him.

You have NO idea what Sorum is like as a person.  I reckon he's a lot nicer than you think.  In fact, I bet he's the kind of friend that if you act well to him, will be there to stand by you.

Good for him.

And you.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #247 on: April 09, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »

No, he asked if I thought it was Matt or Slash.

I think it's both in addition to Scott, who's a pompous asshole.

Good for him.

And you.  ok

/jarmo

Well, we at least agree on Scott Smiley  And ... before anyone says I'm only saying this now, take a look through my posts ... Scott has fucked me off a lot recently ... before this drama happened.

And yes ... good for Matt ... but you didn't answer to me about it ... so you know I'm right Smiley  You can't justify your hate for Matt Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »

I agree.  I find it ironic that Scott mentioned money as the only reason he had to stay in VR.  I would be willing to bet he's making tons more off this STP reunion than he did in the last year of touring with VR who eventually scaled back to clubs due to poor ticket sales in the arenas.

Wrong, there's a big difference between clubs and the venues VR were playing, atleast where I'm from that is...
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2008, 06:27:03 PM »

Wrong, there's a big difference between clubs and the venues VR were playing, atleast where I'm from that is...

Definitely ... club tour... bah ... I saw them at the Hammersmith in London ... hardly a club!  It's freakin' massive!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: April 09, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »

And yes ... good for Matt ... but you didn't answer to me about it ... so you know I'm right Smiley  You can't justify your hate for Matt Smiley

I have my opinion based on what I know, and you have yours.

To say you're right because of your limited knowledge is kinda ridiculous.

Just like saying I'm right. Which I never claimed in this case.  Smiley

I saw them at the Hammersmith in London ... hardly a club!  It's freakin' massive!

Maybe that explains your opinions and posts.

Your reference points are a bit different..... Hammersmith Apollo massive?

I guess compared to the Barfly....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:31:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »

I have my opinion based on what I know, and you have yours.

To say you're right because of your limited knowledge is kinda ridiculous.

Just like saying I'm right. Which I never claimed in this case.  Smiley

I saw them at the Hammersmith in London ... hardly a club!  It's freakin' massive!

Maybe that explains your opinions and posts.

Your reference points are a bit different..... Hammersmith Apollo massive?

I guess compared to the Barfly....

/jarmo

One thing ... I was saying I was right about the fact that we don't know any more than we read in the press.  Other than that I wasn't saying I was right about what I think about Matt ... I have the same info you have.  Neither one of us is right unless we know factually.  So no, what I said wasn't ridiculous.

Second ... Hammersmith Apollo is NOT a club... and can stand a fucking SHIT LOAD of people.  So ... no need to compare to the Barfly ... and we just compare to a single human being standing in a large club.  Compared to that, which is what the issue was... the Hammersmith IS massive.

Nit picking fool Smiley

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #252 on: April 09, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »

Sorry, don't know the size of the venues in Europe.  I can say for sure that there's a difference between their US venues played in the fall and the ones this past winter.  Maybe clubs was the wrong word.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: April 09, 2008, 08:37:27 PM »

One thing ... I was saying I was right about the fact that we don't know any more than we read in the press.  Other than that I wasn't saying I was right about what I think about Matt ... I have the same info you have.  Neither one of us is right unless we know factually.  So no, what I said wasn't ridiculous.

Oh right. You just have to add the "I'm right" to every post.

Even if it's something insignificant like "we don't know anything really, you know I'm right!".

I guess it proves that you're the kind of person who has to be right all the time.

Second ... Hammersmith Apollo is NOT a club... and can stand a fucking SHIT LOAD of people.  So ... no need to compare to the Barfly ... and we just compare to a single human being standing in a large club.  Compared to that, which is what the issue was... the Hammersmith IS massive.

Nit picking fool Smiley

Ok. Fill in the blanks for fun.

Barfly:
Koko:
Hammersmith Apollo: massive
Earl's Court:
Wembley Arena
Wembley Stadium
Your bedroom:

Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:40:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: April 09, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »

ahh, Jarmo always picking a fight in the VR section  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2008, 09:06:51 PM »

No.

There just seems to be a lot of love for Matt in this section and I just don't agree with it...  hihi

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »

No.

There just seems to be a lot of love for Matt in this section and I just don't agree with it...  hihi

/jarmo

God forbid someone like a member in a section dedicated to the band he's in  rofl
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2008, 09:09:04 PM »

I hate matt and his speech impediment as much as the next guy... but you don't see me posting about it...

err...DOUGH ! hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »

No.

/jarmo

God forbid someone like a member in a section dedicated to the band he's in  rofl

On a site dedicated to a band he likes to bad mouth and he was fired from?

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

No.

/jarmo

On a site dedicated to a band he likes to bad mouth and he was fired from?

/jarmo

There just seems to be a lot of love for Matt in this section and I just don't agree with it...

If there where pro-matt stuff on the GN'R section or any other section i'd understand. But on the VELVET REVOLVER section it's no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: