Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83391 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #260 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »

On a site dedicated to a band he likes to bad mouth and he was fired from?

/jarmo

Wouldn't you say he has had many more positive public reflections of his time in the band than "bad mouthing" in general?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: April 09, 2008, 10:14:53 PM »

There just seems to be a lot of love for Matt in this section and I just don't agree with it...

Yes, especially after recent events.... Which is what we're discussing right?

So, the original implication was that I was picking a fight. Which isn't true.

I just don't agree with some of the posters' love for Matt even after we've seen the things that unfolded.

Wouldn't you say he has had many more positive public reflections of his time in the band than "bad mouthing" in general?

Well, I think he's two-faced to begin with....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »

Seems like a pretty harsh characterization of someone who's managed to maintain both personal and professional relationships with the vast majority of his current/former bandmates (and peer group in general) over nearly 2 decades on the music scene.

Never gonna get past that "What the fuck's with the piano?" comment, huh?

Kidding of course, everyone's entitled to their opinion.  Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2008, 11:30:56 PM »

I think Sorum's an outspoken guy.  Aside from the piano comment most recently when speaking about a possible GNR reunion vs. an STP reunion, saying that he didn't think the public was clamoring for an STP reunion.  Well obviously he was wrong, and something he probably shouldn't have said.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2008, 11:38:07 PM »

I think Sorum's an outspoken guy.  Aside from the piano comment most recently when speaking about a possible GNR reunion vs. an STP reunion, saying that he didn't think the public was clamoring for an STP reunion.  Well obviously he was wrong, and something he probably shouldn't have said.

I'm sure , this is going to come off as a I'm a giant Matt fan kinda that but I'm really not. But I'm pretty sure i know what quote you are talking about and i think he meant as in people aren't/wouldn't respond to an STP reunion as a full scale GN'R one.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #265 on: April 09, 2008, 11:40:55 PM »

I'm sure , this is going to come off as a I'm a giant Matt fan kinda that but I'm really not. But I'm pretty sure i know what quote you are talking about and i think he meant as in people aren't/wouldn't respond to an STP reunion as a full scale GN'R one.
Yeah I know that's what he was getting at, but still, he shouldn't have said it.  He's not in GNR anymore, he was in VR WITH Scott Weiland at the time.  So why take an unecessary shot at HIS former band?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2008, 11:44:56 PM »

Yeah I know that's what he was getting at, but still, he shouldn't have said it.  He's not in GNR anymore, he was in VR WITH Scott Weiland at the time.  So why take an unecessary shot at HIS former band?

True , but as we've come to find out stuff has been sour for awhile. So who knows maybe he just wanted to poke at it because it hit a nerve , in any case I agree with him STP reunion doesn't amount to a GN'R one. But I see what you mean.  beer
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2008, 12:51:30 AM »

Sorum admits Axl is one of the greatest frontmen he has ever seen. 

Sorum loved his time in GNR.

Sorum had a blast with Rose just 2 years ago. 

Sorum may not be the coolest guy, but he still admire's Axl and a soundbite from behind the music should not engrave his character in stone.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2008, 12:52:31 AM »

Sorum had a blast with Rose just 2 years ago. 

And in July 2007's Rolling Stone, completely badmouths him.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2008, 01:18:18 AM »

Do any VR fans feel like it won't be the real Velvet Revolver without Weiland? 

I hope they don't feel that way.  The rest of the band is obviously very tight and work well together, it seems to me that Scott was the one who was driving things apart.  You almost knew when he started talking nonstop about the STP reunion that he was going to be making an exit. 

Time to bring in Bach!
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »

Ok. Fill in the blanks for fun.

Barfly:
Koko:
Hammersmith Apollo:
Earl's Court:
Wembley Arena:
Wembley Stadium:
Your bedroom:

Cheesy

Barfly: Large
Koko: Massive
Hammersmith Apollo: massive
Earl's Court: Massiver
Wembley Arena: Massiver
Wembley Stadium: Massivest
Your bedroom: Crazy Massive

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »

Seems like a pretty harsh characterization of someone who's managed to maintain both personal and professional relationships with the vast majority of his current/former bandmates (and peer group in general) over nearly 2 decades on the music scene.

He's acting like everything is fine one day and then doing interviews saying something else the next. When he has to sell some albums.

To think that him, Slash or Scott are just great guys because they have friends is just lame in my opinion.

The guy can do anything, but since he's friends with The Cult, he must be s a great guy!  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:27 AM »

He's acting like everything is fine one day and then doing interviews saying something else the next. When he has to sell some albums.

To think that him, Slash or Scott are just great guys because they have friends is just lame in my opinion.

The guy can do anything, but since he's friends with The Cult, he must be s a great guy!  Wink

/jarmo

Jarmo, the Cult is Falcon's favorite band ever.  So if someone is a friend of your favorite band, the guy must be alright in your eyes on some level. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2008, 10:38:41 AM »

Jarmo, the Cult is Falcon's favorite band ever.  So if someone is a friend of your favorite band, the guy must be alright in your eyes on some level. 

Of course I understand that.

But you have to understand that not everybody agrees. Especially since this isn't a Cult or VR or Matt Sorum site.

This is a GN'R site. Matt Sorum was fired for being a prick.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2008, 10:41:19 AM »

/jarmo

By WHO'S admission?  Matt Sorum ... and this is the only documented story ... was fired because he stood up for Slash.  That's not being a prick.  That's going against the fucking authority... an authority who can't stand being told he's wrong.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »

Of course I understand that.

But you have to understand that not everybody agrees. Especially since this isn't a Cult or VR or Matt Sorum site.

/jarmo

Wasn't it Sorum that didn't tour with Snakepit because he didn't think it was a good idea for GNR and wanted to stay and work on new music with Axl?  Axl by most accounts enjoyed Sorum while Sorum was in GNR till they had the falling out.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »

/jarmo

By WHO'S admission?  Matt Sorum ... and this is the only documented story ... was fired because he stood up for Slash.  That's not being a prick.  That's going against the fucking authority... an authority who can't stand being told he's wrong.

Once again. You choose to believe what he wants you to believe.

If you honestly think that he was fired just for that single incident, then good for you. I chose to belive that it was something that had been going on for a bit longer than that.

It's like thinking Scott was fired because he wanted to do that STP tour...

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »

/jarmo

Once again. You choose to believe what he wants you to believe.

If you honestly think that he was fired just for that single incident, then good for you. I chose to belive that it was something that had been going on for a bit longer than that.

It's like thinking Scott was fired because he wanted to do that STP tour...

/jarmo

Well ... no ... it's not.  Because Sorum WAS fired ... and Scott quit.

You just desperately want to believe that Sorum was a fucking cunt the whole time.

While you'll never admit that Axl perhaps just acted like typical Axl and fired him out of anger.  Now ... he fired Gilby with very little explaination ... and countless people have said that Axl was a moron.  Countless.  So I suspect in this case, yes ... Axl did fire Matt for that one thing.  Remember ... Slash was one of Axl's worst enemies at the time ... it would have been some kind of betrayal for Sorum to say good things about Slash and bad things about good ole' Paul Tobias.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »

Well, I think it's a positve reflection on his character that he has maintained great personal and professional relationships with the majority of his peer group.  I'd think the people closest to him would have exposed him as being "two faced" and cut ties with him if that was indeed the case.  

On a personal side, I've met and spoke with the guy a few times and found him to be extemely engaging and intellegent, one of the flat out nicest celebs I've ever ran across.

The guy can do anything, but since he's friends with The Cult, he must be s a great guy!  Wink

I'm assuming the above was said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »

Well ... no ... it's not.  Because Sorum WAS fired ... and Scott quit.

He was in the band, didn't agree with how things were, had the chance to quit but he chose not to. So he was fired.

So instead of doing what most people who are unhappy would do, leave, he chose to try to stick around and can now go around telling everyone how he was fired. Poor victim!

Does that tell you anything?

Just like all those VR articles that claim they fired Scott. He quit.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: