Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:54:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83448 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »

This is a GN'R site. Matt Sorum was fired for being a prick.

/jarmo

By WHO'S admission?  Matt Sorum ... and this is the only documented story ... was fired because he stood up for Slash.  That's not being a prick.  That's going against the fucking authority... an authority who can't stand being told he's wrong.

Once again. You choose to believe what he wants you to believe.

If you honestly think that he was fired just for that single incident, then good for you. I chose to belive that it was something that had been going on for a bit longer than that.

It's like thinking Scott was fired because he wanted to do that STP tour...

/jarmo

Well ... no ... it's not.  Because Sorum WAS fired ... and Scott quit.

You just desperately want to believe that Sorum was a fucking cunt the whole time.

While you'll never admit that Axl perhaps just acted like typical Axl and fired him out of anger.  Now ... he fired Gilby with very little explaination ... and countless people have said that Axl was a moron.  Countless.  So I suspect in this case, yes ... Axl did fire Matt for that one thing.  Remember ... Slash was one of Axl's worst enemies at the time ... it would have been some kind of betrayal for Sorum to say good things about Slash and bad things about good ole' Paul Tobias.

Plenty of people have said Axl's a moron?  I don't know about that.  Difficult, temperamental, a perfectionist, yes, I've read those things too.  Not moron.  I've never read that, actually.  The opposite in fact, even from his former bandmates.

Ali
elmir
VIP

« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2008, 05:55:02 PM »

You just desperately want to believe that Sorum was a fucking cunt the whole time.

well, he was...even Slash indicated about it in his book....Matt's comments over the years in the press and on TV have cealry made him an isolated twat in the world of GNR....

he's a good drummer...very good in fact, and has other musical talents too....but he's still a twat...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2008, 10:36:34 PM »

well, he was...even Slash indicated about it in his book....Matt's comments over the years in the press and on TV have cealry made him an isolated twat in the world of GNR....

he's a good drummer...very good in fact, and has other musical talents too....but he's still a twat...

Slash never indicated that.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2008, 12:38:19 AM »

Just like all those VR articles that claim they fired Scott. He quit.

/jarmo

Guess that depends on how you want to look at it.    Seems like what he did was to take it upon himself to announce, on stage, that the band was done, evidently without consulting any other member about it.   The original press release never said he was fired, just that they were "parting ways". 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:39:59 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
elmir
VIP

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2008, 03:05:45 AM »

he never said it directly, no....but he did say that Matt lost it with Axl one night in Europe when Axl decided to walk off stage, shouting at him and giving him a lecture as to hwo to behave...even though he was only employed for a short while.

to me that's an indication.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2008, 03:38:03 AM »

he never said it directly, no....but he did say that Matt lost it with Axl one night in Europe when Axl decided to walk off stage, shouting at him and giving him a lecture as to hwo to behave...even though he was only employed for a short while.

An indication that Matt is not a twat, perhaps!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2008, 03:42:43 AM »

An indication that Matt is not a twat, perhaps!

it didn't come across as very complimentary to Matt....

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »

How many times have Axl fans been fucked off because he didn't turn up to a show etc?  At least VR cancelled before the night Wink

Stop pulling shit out of your ass for no reason.

Not as many as you'd care to think.

And he's gone back and played those places.

It's not likely to happen with VR is it?

Not to rip on Axl but can you please tell me the last time he played Philly?  It sure as hell wasn't after he no-showed.....and I was at the show

Pathetic.

Maybe playing places where the "fans" destroy your equipment isn't a high priority.

Maybe the fucking promoter doesn't want to risk anything and doesn't wanna book a show there thanks to these fans?

/jarmo

what the fuck are you talking about?  This is Philly, not St louis

And you guarantee no damage was done to the band's own, or any of the equipment they had rented for the tour?

jarmo

only damage to the arena Grin
I guess you had to be there
and the original post wasn't about damaging an arena, but this quote speaking of Axl

"And he's gone back and played those places.

It's not likely to happen with VR is it?
"

when talking about cancelled shows; hey, at least VR cancels before packing the place with 20,000 people and cancelling right before they are supposed to go on; after sitting thru 2 torture filled opening acts---

I think even the most die-hard GnR fan would recognixe there is a bit of a difference between cancellations
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2008, 08:42:19 AM »

I think even the most die-hard GnR fan would recognixe there is a bit of a difference between cancellations

It's just typical of VR fans.

VR canceled their Australaian tour twice and those fans won't see Weiland sing those songs again until the long awaited VR reunion.

Instead of sticking with that thought, you have to take the "But GN'R...." route.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2008, 10:17:31 AM »

It's just typical of VR fans.

VR canceled their Australaian tour twice and those fans won't see Weiland sing those songs again until the long awaited VR reunion.

Instead of sticking with that thought, you have to take the "But GN'R...." route.

/jarmo

actually, I think it was you that brought GnR to the thread
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »

Look again: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51269.msg1058001#msg1058001

First mention of Axl was not done by me but a guy with the name Slash in his username.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »

You kind of set that one up, though.......setting the bait, so to speak.....
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »

To think that him, Slash or Scott are just great guys because they have friends is just lame in my opinion.

Well, I think it's a positve reflection on his character that he has maintained great personal and professional relationships with the majority of his peer group.  I'd think the people closest to him would have exposed him as being "two faced" and cut ties with him if that was indeed the case. 

On a personal side, I've met and spoke with the guy a few times and found him to be extemely engaging and intellegent, one of the flat out nicest celebs I've ever ran across.

The guy can do anything, but since he's friends with The Cult, he must be s a great guy!  Wink

I'm assuming the above was said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek.

What you talk about is a classic example of someone who knows how to suck up to the right people  and only show his real face to he ones he knows won't be believed.... Ronnie James Dio is known to be one of those too, always sucking up to media people and kissing the butts of fans... but being totally nasty to the ones he works with.. just ask his former employees Smiley

We all got friends we know are pricks, yet we still hang out with them, so your theory is baseless   peace

I met Slash once backstage, he basically said to get rid of all backstage fans in the hallways and he refused aggressively he wouldn't sign "shit".... amazing guy.

This signature is very funny.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2008, 11:37:12 AM »

We all got friends we know are pricks, yet we still hang out with them,   peace

Speak for yourself... Roll Eyes

I met Slash once backstage, he basically said to get rid of all backstage fans in the hallways and he refused aggressively he wouldn't sign "shit".... amazing guy.

Hardly relevent to Sorum...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #294 on: April 11, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »

So because Axl walked off stage, disrespected the band, crew, promoter, crowd of fans, and everyone else that'd worked their fucking asses off to make sure Axl had a fucking stage to play on ... he's a cunt?  Oh do me a favor!  lol.  That just proves that Matt stood up for what was fucking right!!!!  Even Jarmo and other Matt haters would have to agree, that's pretty much the right thing to do, considering what a bad thing he was arguing against!

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2008, 04:43:51 PM »

Look again: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51269.msg1058001#msg1058001

First mention of Axl was not done by me but a guy with the name Slash in his username.

/jarmo

I was basically disputing this assertion you made about me"It's just typical of VR fans.

Instead of sticking with that thought, you have to take the "But GN'R...." route."

I never did and even prefaced my original comment by saying"not to slam Axl....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »

Even Jarmo and other Matt haters would have to agree, that's pretty much the right thing to do, considering what a bad thing he was arguing against!

Don't get me involved in your little Matt lovefest.  hihi

The truth still is that during this time when everything was wrong according to him, he was happy to be part of the biggest band in the world and wouldn't even quit when he was asked if he was gonna. Just so he could be the martyr.....

/jarmo

manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »

Even Jarmo and other Matt haters would have to agree, that's pretty much the right thing to do, considering what a bad thing he was arguing against!

Don't get me involved in your little Matt lovefest.  hihi

The truth still is that during this time when everything was wrong according to him, he was happy to be part of the biggest band in the world and wouldn't even quit when he was asked if he was gonna. Just so he could be the martyr.....

I dont post here often but i am really curious how you would react 5 - 10 years from now if axl, slash, duff & izzy reunited for a tour what your reaction would be. You really seem to dislike like these guys.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #298 on: April 12, 2008, 02:39:09 AM »

Hardly relevent to Sorum...

Where does it say this is an exclusively Matt Sorum thread?

If you can talk about your experience meeting Sorum/Scott/Duff/who ever in a VR thread, I can talk about my experience meeting Slash here as long as he is in VR  peace

This signature is very funny.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »

You know... I met the guy as well and I?m sure we aren?t talking about the same person...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: