Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83389 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »

I dont post here often but i am really curious how you would react 5 - 10 years from now if axl, slash, duff & izzy reunited for a tour what your reaction would be. You really seem to dislike like these guys.

As I've said before, I'll "worry" about that then.

If Axl decides one day that it's a great idea to go back to having the old line up together, I'll support him.

Just like you guys follow and support Slash/Duff (and SpiritDave supports Matt), I support Axl.  ok

No, I don't dislike all those guys. Only certain peoples' ways of doing and saying things.

I hope you're happy with that answer and realize that I don't need to agree with everything these guys say just in case there's a reunion years from now. Maybe that explains why there's Matt fans.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

I'm a little late, but who didn't see this happening?  The day VR announced Weiland was going to be the lead singer was like the beginning of the countdown to his demise.  It was only a matter of time before Weiland screwed himself out of the band.

Now I hear STP are planning a reunion, lol.  The guy doesn't waste any time does he?

So long, Scott.  Nice to see you vacating a world in which you never really cared about or fit in to begin with.  Stick to what you know.

Joshua Todd would be an interesting choice to replace him.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2008, 01:57:46 AM »

What you talk about is a classic example of someone who knows how to suck up to the right people  and only show his real face to he ones he knows won't be believed.... Ronnie James Dio is known to be one of those too, always sucking up to media people and kissing the butts of fans... but being totally nasty to the ones he works with.. just ask his former employees Smiley

We all got friends we know are pricks, yet we still hang out with them, so your theory is baseless   peace

I met Slash once backstage, he basically said to get rid of all backstage fans in the hallways and he refused aggressively he wouldn't sign "shit".... amazing guy.
What do you really know about Dio and and his former employees, and what does that have to do with anything here? 

Personally, I choose not to hang around with people who are pricks.  Maybe you might know a little more about people who come across as arrogant pricks, than what I do, however.       

As for meeting Slash, I've heard stories from a lot of people who have met him, and I have my own, and the stories are just the opposite.  Maybe it was just you, I don't know.....    peace
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:01:05 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2008, 04:11:55 AM »

What you talk about is a classic example of someone who knows how to suck up to the right people  and only show his real face to he ones he knows won't be believed.... Ronnie James Dio is known to be one of those too, always sucking up to media people and kissing the butts of fans... but being totally nasty to the ones he works with.. just ask his former employees Smiley

We all got friends we know are pricks, yet we still hang out with them, so your theory is baseless   peace

I met Slash once backstage, he basically said to get rid of all backstage fans in the hallways and he refused aggressively he wouldn't sign "shit".... amazing guy.
What do you really know about Dio and and his former employees, and what does that have to do with anything here? 

Personally, I choose not to hang around with people who are pricks.  Maybe you might know a little more about people who come across as arrogant pricks, than what I do, however.       

As for meeting Slash, I've heard stories from a lot of people who have met him, and I have my own, and the stories are just the opposite.  Maybe it was just you, I don't know.....    peace

Read again then maybe you will understand, and stop PM-ing me with insults, ok, cupcake?  ok

This signature is very funny.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2008, 04:24:07 AM »

Read again then maybe you will understand, and stop PM-ing me with insults, ok, cupcake?  ok

There are many cases where I've heard opposite. We are supposed to base our idea of Slash around one encounter with ONE fan? Maybe he was in a crappy mood? Maybe he didn't get the right vibe from you? Where you supposed to be in that area?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2008, 04:34:33 AM »

I did understand.  I did not PM you with any insults.  Like I said, you might know a little bit more about arrogant pricks, than what I would.  Anyway, this is getting off topic.  You got anything more to say?  It won't be here.  And there's no need to continue to refer to me as "cupcake".   ok
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:36:16 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2008, 08:23:09 AM »

Even Jarmo and other Matt haters would have to agree, that's pretty much the right thing to do, considering what a bad thing he was arguing against!

Don't get me involved in your little Matt lovefest.  hihi

The truth still is that during this time when everything was wrong according to him, he was happy to be part of the biggest band in the world and wouldn't even quit when he was asked if he was gonna. Just so he could be the martyr.....

/jarmo

Well, I was simply highlighting the fact that what Matt did was for the good of the band ... and you know what ... ?  I suspect he stayed because he believed in the band ... or what it could be and what it was.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2008, 09:13:24 AM »

I did understand.  I did not PM you with any insults.  Like I said, you might know a little bit more about arrogant pricks, than what I would.  Anyway, this is getting off topic.  You got anything more to say?  It won't be here.  And there's no need to continue to refer to me as "cupcake".   ok

Nope, you didn't understand because you made the same assumpion yet again, cupcake ok

PS: cupcake isn't an insult, but what you reffered to me as, is.

There are many cases where I've heard opposite. We are supposed to base our idea of Slash around one encounter with ONE fan? Maybe he was in a crappy mood? Maybe he didn't get the right vibe from you? Where you supposed to be in that area?

Me and the about 30-35 people backstage who were shoved out by security because Mr Slash wanted it, while we all had backstage passes and it was no problem for the other VR members. Lost the last bit of respect I had for him that day  ok

I am not saying he is always like that, in fact he is very clever in hiding this part of his most of the time... but he ain't a fan's Mother Theresa like most here try to portray him.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:24:16 AM by Atillla » Logged

This signature is very funny.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »

Even Jarmo and other Matt haters would have to agree, that's pretty much the right thing to do, considering what a bad thing he was arguing against!

The truth still is that during this time when everything was wrong according to him, he was happy to be part of the biggest band in the world and wouldn't even quit when he was asked if he was gonna. Just so he could be the martyr.....

/jarmo

Well, I was simply highlighting the fact that what Matt did was for the good of the band ... and you know what ... ?  I suspect he stayed because he believed in the band ... or what it could be and what it was.

Or maybe he did it because it was good for him?

He believed in the band?

Maybe he just believed that it would be best for Matt Sorum to stay in the biggest band he ever was in, instead of quitting?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2008, 03:08:13 PM »

Nope, you didn't understand because you made the same assumpion yet again, cupcake ok

PS: cupcake isn't an insult, but what you reffered to me as, is.

Me and the about 30-35 people backstage who were shoved out by security because Mr Slash wanted it, while we all had backstage passes and it was no problem for the other VR members. Lost the last bit of respect I had for him that day  ok

I am not saying he is always like that, in fact he is very clever in hiding this part of his most of the time... but he ain't a fan's Mother Theresa like most here try to portray him.

No one said he was perfect jesus dude. Clever in hiding it? So if one day I blow up on somebody and I act like an ass I'm clever in hiding it , NO I was just in a bad mood. Would you like to have 30-35 people surrounding before you are going to go play a concert whilst many other things on your mind?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »

PS: cupcake isn't an insult,

Most people interpret condescension as an insult.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »

/jarmo

Or maybe he did it because it was good for him?

He believed in the band?

Maybe he just believed that it would be best for Matt Sorum to stay in the biggest band he ever was in, instead of quitting?

/jarmo

Maybe  Undecided  Maybe not.  We'll never know Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: