Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:35:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Amsterdam
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam  (Read 45693 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« on: April 01, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »

Just came back for the show. I'm speechless. Everything I'll say here won't make justice to what I felt in that venue 2h ago. Going to Amsterdam on purpose to see the gig, was already a conquest for myself. But getting in the first row, having Slash in front of me, for almost all the show, doing the solos ive've been listening on itunes or watching on youtube for quite a long time, is something i'll never forget in my entire life.

You can say whatever you want about the band but no one will ever take away the moment I had a couple of hours ago, that made a dream come true, for the first time. This wasn't a simple concert for me, it wasn't and never will be in my life. I know it represented a role in my life, it was one of the things I wanted to achieve and I did it. And I sure feel more complete now.

About the show itself, does it matter if I say it was one, if not the best concert I've ever been to? Guess not... In the end, all that matters is the moment you lived... not another's person opinion.

Shall this band ends (sure hope not), the show business sure loses one of the last true rock n roll bands in the world, that brings people of all ages (I had two little kids, perhaps not more than 10 years old, by my side) to their shows... and many people will miss the one in a lifetime chance, to see Slash in the front row (who he is and always will be one of the best performers and guitar players in the world), one on one, playing, on that precise moment ... just for you

EDIT: haha damn! If I?m not the luckiest girl! Just see...I was in the airport this morning, going to my departure gate, when I look to the gate on my left and I see this tall blonde guy that reminded me of someone I had just seen the night before. I looked again... and there he was Duff himself with the same cap as the night before, having Dave by it?s side. I went completely insane like... what should I do now? ahhh! lol I went there... and then I see the guy himself, Slash, behind Duff and Dave.  I swear I almost fainted... but then, somehow, I gained strenght and I started talking before they went to their flight door. I told them first that I went to the show the night before and that it was amazing (which in a matter of fact, was lol), so fast that they almost didn?t get any time to say anything at all besides some OKs and a big smile from Slash (omg omg!!). They smiled (no time to say thanks since I couldn?t stop talking.. haha) and then I told them that I really hoped they would continue with this project, for the fans... to which Duff said "don?t worry... we will". Then I said goodbye, they waved back and went to their flight (which was going to Frankfurt to anyone interested lol) and I stood there, watching them leave, and saying to myself, "damn girl... finally, you got some luck!"

lol what was even great was that there were no fans around whatsoever, the people lining to that flight seemed much unware of who they were, so I kinda had like 30s (was it that much? lol) for myself! ahhhhh Cheesy

btw, Slash the performer on stage, and Slash the person himself looks like someone else. He was really shy (the one who talked most and immediately came to me was Duff), he stood there just smiling in the cutest way lol, and he is really small! I?m almost as tall as him! haha Duff, on other hand, is really tall, and Dave, to be honest, I didn?t quite look at him. haha

Well... that?s it. I just want to say to those of you who haven?t meet them yet, that one day that time will come. I thought I was the kind of person who would never met them, the kind of person who just read other people testimonials and I dreamt about it... till it finally happened! So... keep the faith on cos one day, it will be your time, and don?t worry, cos these are the nicest guys ever, they make you feel very confortable and make you free to talk Smiley

Setlist (as I remember, not 100% accurate)

Let It Roll
She Mine
Sucker Train Blues
Just Sixteen
Do It For The Kids
Big Machine
American Man
The Last Fight
Patience
Interstate Love Song
Get Out The Door
Superhuman
Fall To Pieces
Slash solo
Set Me Free
It's So Easy
Vasoline
She builds Quick Machines

Mr. Brownstone
Sex Type Thing
Slither

And a video of Slash?s solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=731Tp1GMLro
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:04:19 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »

Thanks for posting.  Sounds like the band went out with a bang (with Weiland at least).  Any more details you could share about the show?  Setlist?  Anything said between songs?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 02:58:48 AM »

I'll just copy what I said on the VR forum
So, I just got back. Velvet Revolver started at about 9.30 PM. Setlist was the usual, but no Wish You Were Here (which bummed me out immensly, that's the one cover I wanted to hear most) and no Psycho Killer ( I think?) the place looked almost sold out. The HMH is supposed to have the best accoustics of any venue in Holland, well, I don't know how they managed to screw that one up, but I could barely hear Scott, the guitars were louder than he was (at least from where I was seated).I filmed about an hour of footage, but I'm not sure how they turned out yet, I'll get to that tomorrow.

Crowd response was ok I guess, the crowd seemed to be the most excited to hear the GNR songs and Slash's solo (which fucking rocked, highlight of the evening for me! filmed that one to) Slash did his solo right before Set Me Free, it started out really fast, then it changed into this blues/groovy type of thing, everyone was clapping along and cheering, Matt joined in to for a bit with drumming (to get people going even more I guess) and then the solo started to speed up again and went right into Set Me Free. Scott was standing infront of the drumkit for a while, out of the spotlights, waiting for Slash to finish his solo, but I guess the solo took a little longer than Scott had anticipated so he left the stage

Interaction between Scott and the band was none, unless you count Scott leaning on Duff for a couple of seconds or the part where Slash sings in Just Sixteen. At the end there was this part where Slash, Duff and Dave all got in one line beside each other and played together for a bit, Scott was at the exact opposite end of the stage, it might not have been on purpose or anything but it was a sad little moment to watch with everything that has been going on with VR lately. Regardless of any of that I enjoyed watching him and he got a really cool call-and-answer type of thing going with the audience during Sex Type Thing (which I also filmed if I remember correctly)

Regarding this maybe being Scott's/ VR's last show and all, I was deadset on filming the parts between the songs aswell to see if he said anything about that, and right before The Last Fight he said something along the lines of how appropriate the song was or something. I don't think I recorded that, something went wrong I guess... it was a small dig at whatever is going on, just enough for people who have been following what's going on lately to get it, and just enough to make people who don't know what he's talking about wonder. He also said something about encores and not understanding the point or something. He was the last one to come onstage and the first one to leave, him leaving the stage just seemed a little awkward to me ( like he wasn't sure what to do or something) did anyone else get that feeling aswell?

Also, Scott was wearing this blue shirt that I'd never see him wear before, just a regular shirt with some kind of print/picture on it, did anyone see what was on that shirt exactly? just curious....

Overall it was a good show, but a bit of a bittersweet thing to watch I thought.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 03:03:57 AM »

Glad you had a great time. Did you get any pics?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »

I'll just copy what I said on the VR forum
So, I just got back. Velvet Revolver started at about 9.30 PM. Setlist was the usual, but no Wish You Were Here (which bummed me out immensly, that's the one cover I wanted to hear most) and no Psycho Killer ( I think?) the place looked almost sold out. The HMH is supposed to have the best accoustics of any venue in Holland, well, I don't know how they managed to screw that one up, but I could barely hear Scott, the guitars were louder than he was (at least from where I was seated).I filmed about an hour of footage, but I'm not sure how they turned out yet, I'll get to that tomorrow.

Crowd response was ok I guess, the crowd seemed to be the most excited to hear the GNR songs and Slash's solo (which fucking rocked, highlight of the evening for me! filmed that one to) Slash did his solo right before Set Me Free, it started out really fast, then it changed into this blues/groovy type of thing, everyone was clapping along and cheering, Matt joined in to for a bit with drumming (to get people going even more I guess) and then the solo started to speed up again and went right into Set Me Free. Scott was standing infront of the drumkit for a while, out of the spotlights, waiting for Slash to finish his solo, but I guess the solo took a little longer than Scott had anticipated so he left the stage

Interaction between Scott and the band was none, unless you count Scott leaning on Duff for a couple of seconds or the part where Slash sings in Just Sixteen. At the end there was this part where Slash, Duff and Dave all got in one line beside each other and played together for a bit, Scott was at the exact opposite end of the stage, it might not have been on purpose or anything but it was a sad little moment to watch with everything that has been going on with VR lately. Regardless of any of that I enjoyed watching him and he got a really cool call-and-answer type of thing going with the audience during Sex Type Thing (which I also filmed if I remember correctly)

Regarding this maybe being Scott's/ VR's last show and all, I was deadset on filming the parts between the songs aswell to see if he said anything about that, and right before The Last Fight he said something along the lines of how appropriate the song was or something. I don't think I recorded that, something went wrong I guess... it was a small dig at whatever is going on, just enough for people who have been following what's going on lately to get it, and just enough to make people who don't know what he's talking about wonder. He also said something about encores and not understanding the point or something. He was the last one to come onstage and the first one to leave, him leaving the stage just seemed a little awkward to me ( like he wasn't sure what to do or something) did anyone else get that feeling aswell?

Also, Scott was wearing this blue shirt that I'd never see him wear before, just a regular shirt with some kind of print/picture on it, did anyone see what was on that shirt exactly? just curious....

Overall it was a good show, but a bit of a bittersweet thing to watch I thought.

Kimberly, I was in the front row so I saw it pretty well. Scott?s shirt was a "Free Tibete" one... really cool btw to bring awareness to that problem.  Smiley
About the interaction of lack of it, I really didn?t feel anything. They just went there and delivered. No much, no less. Including Scott. He made the show, and he got out, just as if it was a regular show and not his last one in this band. And I really appreciate that cos I went there to see a show and not a lot of ramblings if you know what I?m talking about.  Smiley

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:34:36 AM »

Ines, that's awesome that you had a great time and even got to meet the guys.  You seem like a true lover of rock music and not too wrapped up in all this extra bullshit.  A refreshing thing to see around here.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:05:17 AM »

Ines, that's awesome that you had a great time and even got to meet the guys.  You seem like a true lover of rock music and not too wrapped up in all this extra bullshit.  A refreshing thing to see around here.

thank you!  Wink

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:45:10 AM »

It's the day after, I just got back from the hotel and my ears are still ringing it just was so fucking loud.
don't think I've ever rocked that hard at a vr show since the first time I saw them. Got no voice left and every fiber in my body is sore right now. I even managed to lose my shirt somehow so if you saw some shirtless guy running around that was probably me 

as far as the preformance goes,

Wow just Wow seen VR many times but this was a great preformance!

Never been a big fan of scott but he nailed every fuckin song tonight, I'm actually feeling a bit disappointed that he's leaving.

Slash was on fire aswell only screw up of the night was that the talkbox didn't work, although that's not really his fault.

Duff was all smiles, he looked like he was absolutely enjoying himself.

Dave stayed out of the spotlight for most of the show which is kinda weird since every vr show I've been to he's been bouncing all over the stage, but that could also down to the fact that the stage was pretty small.

Matt was Matt, solid drumming but didn't look like he really wanted to be there imo.

Think the venue was pretty much sold out, couple of empty seats here and there but that couldn't have been more than 15/20 seats.

Judging by the way people sang along with a lot of the libertad songs it seems to me that vr have got a pretty decent fanbase here in the Netherlands(dunno know if the whole audience was singing along but they sure were singing where I was at).

All in All it was an amazing preformance and I really enjoyed myself!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »

Glad you did, so did I!!  beer

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

btw ines were you the one who filmed that solo?, 'cause if you were I think I was standing almost right next to you  Smiley
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »

Nice to hear you had a good time.

I saw Duff on Leidsestraat on Monday. He was with a guy and was babbling away. I didn't stop him.

I thought the gig was fun, and it was cool to see the band. It felt odd at first, as I had seen VR a zillion times on bootlegs etc. and there they were in front of me! We were towards the back, standing on the stairs for the most part. Their performance was hardly the best they had done, but even simply going through the motions they were head and shoulders above anyone else. I agree with the poor sound there. I could hardly hear Scott. It sounded like the PA was distorting. They needed to turn one preamp down and crank another, or something. It wasn't all that bad, though.

We also thought that their choice of support act (Sons of Albion) was a bit odd, as they weren't really the kind of band one would hope to see at a VR gig. Their drummer was incredible but the band themselves were a bit...well...crap. Anyone else care to comment?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »

I didn?t like the opening band either. Guess not many did.  ok About the sound, I really didn?t notice anything wrong besides the talk-box of Slash didnt working, but I was in the front row so I don?t know how the sound was from the back.

btw ines were you the one who filmed that solo?, 'cause if you were I think I was standing almost right next to you  Smiley

No I wasn?t. I was ahead of that person. I was really up front, next to the two little kids who were in the gig. I was like standing in front of Slash?s mic... there were some italian people over there too.  Smiley

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »

Pictures of the concert!  Cheesy

http://www.wireimage.com/gallerylisting.asp?navtyp=gls====311103

slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »

Ines , thank you for the review and for the airport story, I really enjoyed them both..

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 05:38:31 AM »

Ines, so you finally met them! i'm glad. i did as well in Lisbon. why didn't you come to see them at Coliseu back in 2005?

beer

Chinese Democracy!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »

Ines , thank you for the review and for the airport story, I really enjoyed them both..

You welcome! It was a pleasure sharing these with you!  Cheesy

Ines, so you finally met them! i'm glad. i did as well in Lisbon. why didn't you come to see them at Coliseu back in 2005?

beer

hehe obrigado!  Grin

well, it?s kinda hard to explain but back in 2005 I wasn?t that into VR... of course some months later I got this huge remorse for not going... haha  hihi

diablo280273
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:44:40 AM »

I was there too! Awesome gig. Can't speak for anyone else but the sound was cristal clear where we were standing (give or take 15 meters from the stage). Band sounded tight as f@ck! Last show with Scott  Sad, imo he sounded great, gave everything he had and ripped the place up! Boy they are going to have a hard time finding someone with the same stage performance and energy level. The other guys were also awesome. Place was packed with 5000+ crazy Dutch fans.

3th time i saw them (Roskilde and Lowlands before) but this one was for me 110% the best one of them! What can i say, absolutely a great night filled with tons of rock 'n roll energy!  Cool
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »

Watch fan-filmed video footage of VELVET REVOLVER's "last show" with Scott Weiland - April 1, 2008 in Amsterdam, Holland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9NkpXkXq94

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

I was there too! Awesome gig. Can't speak for anyone else but the sound was cristal clear where we were standing (give or take 15 meters from the stage). Band sounded tight as f@ck! Last show with Scott  Sad, imo he sounded great, gave everything he had and ripped the place up! Boy they are going to have a hard time finding someone with the same stage performance and energy level. The other guys were also awesome. Place was packed with 5000+ crazy Dutch fans.

3th time i saw them (Roskilde and Lowlands before) but this one was for me 110% the best one of them! What can i say, absolutely a great night filled with tons of rock 'n roll energy!  Cool

glad you liked the show as well!  Wink

Watch fan-filmed video footage of VELVET REVOLVER's "last show" with Scott Weiland - April 1, 2008 in Amsterdam, Holland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9NkpXkXq94

great video!  Grin

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »

For all you collectors, the audio is up on Dime http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=190980
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: