Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 737547 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1740 on: April 22, 2008, 09:28:21 AM »

thanks  ok that makes sense Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1741 on: April 22, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »

Bumble thinks Robin is gay? Shocked
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1742 on: April 22, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »

^
are  u being serious?

What more proof do u need?

The man answered NO COMMENT to everything GNR related. what more proof do u need that he isnt allowed to speak about band business?

Here's what Bumblefoot said on the subject:

Quote from: Bumblefoot
I don't make public announcements about GnR bizz until after an official statement comes from GnR.  Would be like you at a family get-together saying "Gather 'round everybody, I have some big news...!"  And then your douchebag brother runs over and yells "He's GAY!"   It would ruin your big outting.  Even though everybody's dying to know if you're gay or not - aint my place to tell them you're gay.  You'll let the world know when you're ready.   Despite some people's curiosity, you may not feel the need to divulge every bit of details about your assplay technique to your inquiring friends and family.  So, please accept that any info you receive from anyone at anytime is at their own personal discretion, and it's often in better taste to keep details subtle.

As previously stated, we're focused on bizz now, *IF* a conflict arises down the road, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Ron

Ron is cool as shit. I like the way he puts things.

Yeah, he's a funny fucker.  Even better was his reply to someone asking if he called Robin for clarification on his status:

Stop being so damn nosy. My phone calls are nobody's fucking business. Seriously, you goofballs already took my email privacy away, can't I at least have the telephone? Tell ya what - I'll trade ya. You can have copies of faxes I send, and in turn, I'll take your credit card info and medical history. If you want my telephone rights, you're gonna have to trade something big, like your house keys or something.

hihi
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1743 on: April 22, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »

Nah, he just likes to use anal metaphors.

That's common.

Right??? Kiss

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1744 on: April 22, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »

This is an prime example how rumors get started.  Roll Eyes

Exactly which part of Ron saying that his brother outted him at a family gathering didn't you understand?  rant

poor poor Mrs. Foot ... now she knows how Mrs. McGreevey must have felt   no

Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1745 on: April 22, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »

Thankz a RON x Update.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1746 on: April 22, 2008, 10:45:58 AM »

gnr is in reality just a bunch of hired hands and its axl's fault things are the way they are. it will never be fixed if you continue to have employees and not members.. and why should guys like robin be dedicated to only gnr?  he is a grown ass man and can do whatever he wants.

i remember a couple years ago trent reznor posted a group picture infront of a elevator and above the elevator there was a sign that said "chinese democracy" which imo meant the album is  like a elevator, u get on and u get off, no love lost u use the elevator and then u exit it..

for me, im just in a state of blah, i dont really know what axl's vision of the band is.. i want to hear his vision through chinese democracy but i want to connect with the guys , its hard to describe but i feel like i had that when i saw them twice in 06'.. the band was great and robin is a very important peice of gnr and imo not a guy u can just replace and move on like nothing ever happened.

I hear what you're saying... but I really think you're analyzing it too much. The reality is that Guns N' Roses ceased being a "street gang" where they hung out together 24/7 and everyone had everyone else's back 19+ years ago. By most accounts... they spent a lot of time away from each other between AFD and UYI.... got together to record UYI (but could barely get Izzy to even show up)... and drifted further and further apart during the UYI tour... with Axl in particular separating himself from the rest of the guys. It still worked most of the time during the UYI era b/c of whatever brief time they did spend together in whatever city they were playing that night... it was pretty magical. But at the end of the day... it was a JOB... that they all did well.

The 2006-07 shows "worked" according to the same "formula" I would imagine... and future shows and projects will probably go the same way (with or w/o Robin). I'm sure we've all struggled with it too from time to time... but, ultimately, just because the new guys aren't exactly sitting around drinking Nightrain together all day during "down times"... doesn't mean they can't get along great, produce a fantastic album and great live shows when they're reunited on GN'R "business". I think they will do all of the above...

As far as the "elevator" element of recording this album... it sucks at times.... no doubt... but IMHO it's really mostly a function of Axl placing the music (in true GN'R fashion) above all else and thereby generating incredible delays and the departure of certain band members as other obligations and opportunities arise... as opposed to any kind of diabolical plan to ruin our lives with an inconsistent band line-up. As long as we end up with "the best possible music"... it's all good IMHO.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:57:56 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1747 on: April 22, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

some old song says
"Life's an elevator
It goes up and down
Life's an elevator
Can't you dig the sound?"

a lift= life = cd Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1748 on: April 22, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »

Someone at MSG 2002 yells it out during his solo before SCOM I think it was:

"My little brother plays better than u"

yup, robin has been in the bands he has been in and worked for cirque du soleil thanks so extreme luck..

or it was bucketheads older brother in the crowd who acted like an ass? who knows
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #1749 on: April 22, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »

Robin is probably just touring.... but if he do have left Guns, I will be so disappointed Sad

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #1750 on: April 22, 2008, 02:31:02 PM »

Why do you think he's back with Trent now?  love

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1751 on: April 22, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

Why do you think he's back with Trent now?  love

Money

Nothing to say
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1752 on: April 22, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »

Dizzy's doing his own thing with hookers n blow playing shows, Tommy's out playing with different people all the time, as is Frank, Ron etc... why is it such a big deal that Robin wants to go out and play shows too? gnr's not doing anything and Robin is first and foremost a musician so more power to him to wanna get out and rock out

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
GeraldFord
« Reply #1753 on: April 22, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »

Can we put this thread out of its misery already? No one knows what's going on...
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #1754 on: April 22, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

First post...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...remember how we thought Robin was seen recording? Well, NIN updated their site yesterday with a message that said "2 weeks!"...same thing they did before the released Ghosts a few months ago. Today KROQ and a few other major stations received an email from NIN with the first single from a new album.  The track is called "Discipline" and it looks like our biggest fear was correct, Robin WAS recording with NIN. Looks like he may be staying longer than we thought.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1755 on: April 22, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »

Nah, he just likes to use anal metaphors.

That's common.

Right??? Kiss

I'm not pro or anti gay, each to their own thats what I say (I'm straight btw)

I do not know how many band members are gay in NIN, but there's deff elements of gayness with some of its members. As for Robin, I donot know. Although I did post (which was deleted by overzealous mods) Guns N' Robin - is there a joke in there  Grin

I think that I have heard some story about Marilyn Manson blowing both Robin and Trent on stage back in the day.  Anyone else heard this?
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1756 on: April 22, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »

Manson did blow Robin on stage. It was in Fla, I  think. I suppose Manson wanted to 'impress' his parents.  hihi  As regards as the blowjob performed on Reznor, it's the first time I hear of it. What does it have to do with this discussion anyway?  peace

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1757 on: April 22, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »

Manson did blow Robin on stage. It was in Fla, I  think. I suppose Manson wanted to 'impress' his parents.  hihi  As regards as the blowjob performed on Reznor, it's the first time I hear of it. What does it have to do with this discussion anyway?  peace

manson didn't blow finck! but he did have fincks dick in his mouth for like a second or what it was hihi don't remember, long time since i saw the clip and don't think it's on youtube anymore  Tongue

listening to MM right now, both him and finck kicks ass
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #1758 on: April 22, 2008, 04:20:20 PM »

Looks like Trent is letting Robin record with him now...the KROQ DJ said this song was mastered just yesterday. here's a link to a shitty radio rip of the track...

http://rapidshare.com/files/109615296/discipline_full.mp3
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1759 on: April 22, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »

manson didn't blow finck! but he did have fincks dick in his mouth for like a second or what it was hihi don't remember, long time since i saw the clip and don't think it's on youtube anymore  Tongue

^i saw that video you're talkin' about. It got deleted due to terms of use violation. Whatever, MM's attitude was gross. Urgh. For the record, MM bragged about reenacting the scene backstage and doing better, whatever it means.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: