Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 740361 times)
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #920 on: April 09, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »

Reznor is now doing a live interview on radio, if he says somehing about the Finck thing, I will post  peace

*edit* it seems t be pre-recorded and aired now.

Ok it finished and it was boring, nothing about Finck. Reznor did say something interesting though... that he steals from albums that weren't released yet so they can't sue him.... conspiracy theories, be my guest  hihi
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:42:05 PM by Atillla » Logged

This signature is very funny.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #921 on: April 09, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »

I think Robin has dropped the goth style along time ago.  Does it really matter anyway what he looks like in GnR ?? or anyplace else ?

Yes.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #922 on: April 09, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »

Then after many years he returned with a head of hair and a new look (more acceptable to the GN'R masses).

So ??

Most people in the audience at the 2006 gigs I went to looked like shiny short haired nerds. I was one of the very few with long hair and they looked at me like I was nuts  peace

With long hair  mean, longer than shoulder lenght.... just over ears is not long, it's just emo   ok
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:28:28 PM by Atillla » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #923 on: April 09, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »

Great points.  I don't think its anything personal if he did leave.  Weird how he already changed his style a lot based off the pics. 
I dont think so either. But his change in style makes me wonder how long he kept this from Axl. Which would change my opinion of him a lot.

I dont know Robin from a hole in the wall. Cant even gauge him thru interviews because he hasnt said much while in GNR. We dont even know how he feels about Axl or his whole journey to tell you the truth.
 Point being, from what I think I know of Robin, he seems like a pretty calculated guy. Meaning, hes into how he portrays himself. His riddles, pictures, styles, etc. everything he does seems to have a purpose. So with that being said, his change of style and such, leads me to believe its happened awhile ago. I dont think he just shaved the other day and threw on his NIN gear last week. And its bothering me as I realize although he knew about his change in plans he didnt notify the GNR camp till last week. And thats not the cool thing to do. And I would have never expected something like that from Robin.

WOW.  you are just full of silly conspriacy theories and assumptions.   you are the king of stupid speculation.  congrats!  ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #924 on: April 09, 2008, 02:53:33 PM »

you are the king of stupid speculation.  congrats! 
and you are the king of   Lips Sealed ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #925 on: April 09, 2008, 03:27:01 PM »

and you are the king of   Lips Sealed ok

go ahead and say whats on your warped mind.   whats inside your false reality?   whats inside youngunners own little world?   you don't know shit, quit posting like you do.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »

I don't think anyone really knows anything at this point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #927 on: April 09, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

Let's lock the thread then.  Its causing nothing but frustration. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #928 on: April 09, 2008, 04:08:48 PM »

This thread doesn't bother me. Somehow I am able to read it without getting frustrated. don't be such a lightweight!  hah

Did Robin's site get switched to "new site soon" at the same time that the NIN announce was made, or was his page like that for a while now?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #929 on: April 09, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »

and you are the king of   Lips Sealed ok

go ahead and say whats on your warped mind.   whats inside your false reality?   whats inside youngunners own little world?   you don't know shit, quit posting like you do.

Now now. Play nice.

I enjoy his 180 in the matter.

He went from saying this band has less meaning and how he thinks of me while listening to some old Axl rant about people who try to control what you think, to actually understanding that there might be more to this.

It's just refreshing to see him change his mind a bit. The same guy who's attacked me for trying to make people think.  Smiley

Wonder what made him see "the light".....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #930 on: April 09, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

Then after many years he returned with a head of hair and a new look (more acceptable to the GN'R masses).

So ??

Most people in the audience at the 2006 gigs I went to looked like shiny short haired nerds. I was one of the very few with long hair and they looked at me like I was nuts  peace

With long hair  mean, longer than shoulder lenght.... just over ears is not long, it's just emo   ok

If you look at the facts:

Around 2000 the band appeared:
Axl was wearing baggy cloths, had gained alot of weight, and was sporting a new hair do.
Robin had long hair that was shaved at the front.
Buckethead was sporting a KFC hat and a white mask.

The band vanished (again) for quite some time.

On the bands return:
Axl had dropped the baggy cloths, lost a lot of weight, and the hair do looked less carpet like.
Robin had grown a full head of hair and dropped the goth look.
Buckethead had quite the band.

Thats quite a change  peace

You missed the point I was making. You said that the long hair "image" was more acceptable to the GnR masses.... yet vast majority of the GnR masses have no long hair or come close to it.. they are clean cut as they come or grow a bit longer than 1 inch and think they are Hell's Angels, lol.

See the contradiction?

Second, any person who really cares about how musicians look like and how they pose have been brainwashed by Mtv to much  peace

Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #931 on: April 09, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »

Did Robin's site get switched to "new site soon" at the same time that the NIN announce was made, or was his page like that for a while now?

It went down only a few days before Reznor posted his update.  ok Now, make your own conclusions.

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #932 on: April 09, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »

it makes it apparent that Robin felt that whatever he was up to was either important enough (or would evoke more response than could be handled) to pull his web presence offline...

it seeeeems like he knew what the probable response would be from GNR and/or NIN fans.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2008, 04:35:43 PM »

So ??

If you look at the facts:

Around 2000 the band appeared:
Axl was wearing baggy cloths, had gained alot of weight, and was sporting a new hair do.
Robin had long hair that was shaved at the front.
Buckethead was sporting a KFC hat and a white mask.

The band vanished (again) for quite some time.

On the bands return:
Axl had dropped the baggy cloths, lost a lot of weight, and the hair do looked less carpet like.
Robin had grown a full head of hair and dropped the goth look.
Buckethead had quite the band.

Thats quite a change  peace

You missed the point I was making. You said that the long hair "image" was more acceptable to the GnR masses.... yet vast majority of the GnR masses have no long hair or come close to it.. they are clean cut as they come or grow a bit longer than 1 inch and think they are Hell's Angels, lol.

See the contradiction?

Second, any person who really cares about how musicians look like and how they pose have been brainwashed by Mtv to much  peace

Atilla, GNR fans don't look like members.  I like Robin's latest GNR look.  He looked like a Rock N Roll badass.  I don't look like a Rock N Roll badass.  GNR is a larger than life entity.  They are not Weezer, they are the baddest band on the planet since 1987.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #934 on: April 09, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »

Ever read Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman? In it, he makes a fairly convincing argument that the only way he could demonstrate his commitment to Metal was to grow his hair, as his hair was his natural birthright as a Dude Of Rock, and having Metal Hair was as much a part of being Metal as the Metal itself.

Anyway, thats enough of that. What about Robin?

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #935 on: April 09, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

has anyone email Bumblefoot to see if he knows of Robin leaving Huh 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #936 on: April 09, 2008, 04:45:11 PM »

Ever read Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman? In it, he makes a fairly convincing argument that the only way he could demonstrate his commitment to Metal was to grow his hair, as his hair was his natural birthright as a Dude Of Rock, and having Metal Hair was as much a part of being Metal as the Metal itself.

Anyway, thats enough of that. What about Robin?

Off topic but I too am a fan of the rap stylings of Uzi Lover, kudos

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #937 on: April 09, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »

Why email Bumblefoot what's he gonna say ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #938 on: April 09, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »

Exactly.

He's busy working on his new solo album.

I suspect that if anybody has any announcement to make, they will do so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #939 on: April 09, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »

Exactly.

He's busy working on his new solo album.

I suspect that if anybody has any announcement to make, they will do so.

/jarmo

Jarmo, does GNR have a home base?  Like where members meet on a regular basis, or does that happen at Axl's home or a rented recording studio? 
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: